- West Virginia corrections employees suspended after Nazi salute photo surfaces Thursday 8:02 PM
- Here are the 15 best Eddie Murphy movies available to stream Thursday 7:56 PM
- Ex-InfoWars video editor admits to making up Islamophobic stories Thursday 6:55 PM
- WhatsApp accounts deleted amid Kashmir internet blackout Thursday 6:21 PM
- Guy gets mocked for tattoo of Baby Yoda drinking White Claw Thursday 6:18 PM
- Spotify Wrapped has people asking just how much it knows about us Thursday 5:50 PM
- Instagram account allegedly asked for inappropriate photos of children Thursday 5:16 PM
- How to stream ‘Boys vs. Bears on Thursday Night Football Thursday 4:33 PM
- Woman caught her boyfriend cheating through his Fitbit Thursday 4:29 PM
- The Pete Buttigieg ‘High Hopes’ dance was designed by an intern Thursday 4:17 PM
- TikTok admits to hiding content made by fat, LGBTQ, and disabled users Thursday 3:58 PM
- ‘Merry Happy Whatever’ is an unoriginal sitcom with plenty of holiday cheer Thursday 3:55 PM
- The ‘Pod Save America’ Bros are losing it over Joe Biden’s newest ad Thursday 3:28 PM
- Van Halen had a wholesome response in defense of Billie Eilish Thursday 3:15 PM
- Influencer faces wrath of K-pop fans after her son played with penis-shaped soap Thursday 1:27 PM
Whenever Logan Paul and KSI get together for a press conference, nastiness is sure to follow. KSI rips Paul for his Japanese forest suicide video that turned the world’s ire on the YouTube star. Paul says KSI is missing his penis. KSI makes fun of Paul’s girlfriend and his dad. Paul blasts KSI for sexually objectifying women.
But much of the internet got upset Monday during the London press conference to promote the second Paul vs. KSI fight that will happen next month in Los Angeles.
After KSI brought onstage a dog that had a striking resemblance to Paul’s late dog Kong, who was killed by coyotes in April, the press conference host, True Geordie, asked Paul for his response.
“I might kill this man,” Paul said as the London crowd booed him. “You may not know it but [KSI is] on his fifth abortion. His fifth. That’s five babies dead. And I think I might return the favor. And I might kill you. I might end you, man. I’m going to light you on fire, bro.”
KSI didn’t respond to the barb, which stems from internet rumors that he’s paid for abortions of romantic partners. Last year KSI’s brother Deji said as much in a diss track.
Twitter soon erupted in anger over Paul’s remarks. The backlash felt similar to when Paul joked on his podcast in January that he was going to “go gay” for the month of February.
A viral #loganpaulisoverparty hashtag was created, and others weighed in on the merits of mentioning abortion in that setting.
As one Twitter user wrote, “logan paul bringing up abortions as a ‘diss’ to ksi. please don’t use women’s *possibly traumatic* experiences as pawns to further ur shitty beef for clout. i’ve seen this a lot on youtube. it’s so GROSS.”
logan paul bringing up abortions as a ‘diss’ to ksi. please don’t use women’s *possibly traumatic* experiences as pawns to further ur shitty beef for clout.— ♥ (@dishwashingg) October 7, 2019
i’ve seen this a lot on youtube. it’s so GROSS.
Another responded to that by saying, “he also called it murder ???? He’s so problematic.”
Another Twitter user wrote, “Logan Paul literally used footage of a dead person on a youtube video for all his 7 year old fans to see but abortion is where he draws the line?? brainless #loganpaulisoverparty”
Despite his previous claims that he would stop being so childish on YouTube and start acting more mature, it’s not necessarily in Paul’s best financial interests to do so. He and KSI will likely make oodles of money for their boxing rematch, and DAZN, which is streaming the fight, needs as many new subscribers as possible. Trash-talking will probably help that.
Yes, it’s a terrible and tasteless look if KSI brings up Paul’s suicide video or Paul rips KSI for alleged abortions. But in the name of promotions, those are oftentimes winning combinations.
- Logan Paul vs. KSI: Here’s why Paul is the slight betting favorite in the rematch
- Justin Bieber weighs in on fight of the century, Logan Paul vs. KSI II
- Logan Paul is the worst YouTuber of the year
For a year-round sports fix, sign up here to receive our weekly boxing newsletter. You’ll hear about all the biggest fights and best knockouts from the Daily Dot’s streaming sports guru Josh Katzowitz.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.