- A police union is urging its officers to post ‘The Punisher’ logo Monday 7:33 PM
- Redditors call for a Nestlé boycott through memes Monday 6:16 PM
- How a 10-second Disney jingle became a meme in Thailand Monday 4:48 PM
- Instagram users share photos showing gruesome killing of 17-year-old Bianca Devins Monday 4:33 PM
- The horror game banned for mocking China’s president probably isn’t coming back Monday 3:31 PM
- Cheap vibrators, condoms, and lube: The most satisfying Amazon Prime Day deals Monday 3:07 PM
- George R.R. Martin says fan backlash won’t affect his ‘Game of Thrones’ ending Monday 3:03 PM
- The very finest Area 51 memes Monday 2:52 PM
- Tweet map ranks states where people are boycotting Amazon Prime Day Monday 1:54 PM
- Lil Nas X says he will perform at Area 51 for free Monday 12:56 PM
- The best Prime Day deals for gamers Monday 12:53 PM
- How Republicans are dancing around Trump’s racist tweets Monday 12:42 PM
- Not even anti-immigrant groups are defending Trump’s ‘go back’ tweets Monday 12:37 PM
- Netflix’s latest chase thriller ‘Point Blank’ lacks electricity Monday 12:27 PM
- Jay Inslee floats Megan Rapinoe as his secretary of state pick Monday 11:33 AM
If there is one thing that can bring the entire world together it’s Keanu Reeves. Thousands online are calling on Time Magazine to bestow the Hollywood actor with the coveted title of Person of the Year.
In a petition on Change.org, an unknown individual listed simply as “John Doe” is asking the internet to admit what we already know: “Keanu is the most wholesome person alive” and deserves Time Magazine’s annual honor.
The petition initially asked for a mere 1,000 signatures to support the cause. Within a week–on Tuesday–the petition surpassed 18,000 supporters, with that number growing by the minute.
Reeves, recently dubbed “the internet’s boyfriend,” has been absolutely crushing it this year. It’s not Reeves’ prestigious acting career that’s getting him all the attention. Instead, Reeves is being praised for being the kindest and most down-to-earth celebrity known to stardom.
While making a surprise appearance earlier this month at the 2019 E3 conference, the actor revealed that he would be a character in the upcoming video game Cyberpunk 2077. While describing the game as “breathtaking,” a member of the audience told Reeves that he was breathtaking. Responding in Keanu fashion, the action star called the entire crowd breathtaking.
During a recent appearance on the Late Show with Stephen Colbert, Reeves was asked what he believes happens to people when they die. He somehow responded in the best way possible, without offending anyone.
“I know that the ones who love us will miss us,” Reeves said to a visibly stunned Colbert.
Reeves is also known to be the ultimate gentlemen. Fans recently discovered that he doesn’t invade the personal space of females while taking photos.
Lol Keanu ain’t taking no chances. 😂😂 pic.twitter.com/nnfIOZKbT1— Kemoy Lindsay (@KemziLinzi) June 9, 2019
And how could we forget the time Reeves stuck around to assist countless people after a flight he was on had to make an emergency landing?
All of that is not to detract from his numerous career successes, including the box office hit John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum and his hilarious cameo in Netflix’s Always Be My Maybe. The acting icon will even appear in Toy Story 4 and has plans to bring Bill & Ted 3 to the big screen.
Reeves is what we should all aspire to be. Given the current divide in America, Keanu may be the only thing holding this country together. Long live Keanu.
- Keanu Reeves surprises E3 with meme-worthy cameo—and we can barely handle it
- Keanu Reeves’ name sends Twitter into a rhyming frenzy
- Keanu Reeves walking in slow motion is a great meme
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Mikael Thalen is a tech and security reporter based in Seattle, covering social media, data breaches, hackers, and more.