- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
- Blue Bell ice cream licker pleads guilty Friday 2:54 PM
- 7 fortune-telling sites for when you’re bored Friday 2:21 PM
- Governor bans sex puns on free condom wrappers Friday 2:16 PM
- Is Justin Bieber’s ‘Yummy’ video secretly about Pizzagate? Friday 1:01 PM
- Woah Vicky rips out her hair in botched cultural appropriation attempt Friday 12:30 PM
- Here’s an exclusive look at ‘Weathering With You’ Friday 11:57 AM
- TikTok dudes are dipping their balls in soy sauce for ‘science’ Friday 11:49 AM
- Pete Buttigieg’s denial of fixing bread prices becomes its own meme Friday 11:10 AM
- Houston Astros get torched with buzzer memes after new revelation Friday 10:41 AM
- Teens are eating cereal out of each other’s mouths for clout Friday 10:34 AM
If there is one thing that can bring the entire world together it’s Keanu Reeves. Thousands online are calling on Time Magazine to bestow the Hollywood actor with the coveted title of Person of the Year.
In a petition on Change.org, an unknown individual listed simply as “John Doe” is asking the internet to admit what we already know: “Keanu is the most wholesome person alive” and deserves Time Magazine’s annual honor.
The petition initially asked for a mere 1,000 signatures to support the cause. Within a week–on Tuesday–the petition surpassed 18,000 supporters, with that number growing by the minute.
Reeves, recently dubbed “the internet’s boyfriend,” has been absolutely crushing it this year. It’s not Reeves’ prestigious acting career that’s getting him all the attention. Instead, Reeves is being praised for being the kindest and most down-to-earth celebrity known to stardom.
While making a surprise appearance earlier this month at the 2019 E3 conference, the actor revealed that he would be a character in the upcoming video game Cyberpunk 2077. While describing the game as “breathtaking,” a member of the audience told Reeves that he was breathtaking. Responding in Keanu fashion, the action star called the entire crowd breathtaking.
During a recent appearance on the Late Show with Stephen Colbert, Reeves was asked what he believes happens to people when they die. He somehow responded in the best way possible, without offending anyone.
“I know that the ones who love us will miss us,” Reeves said to a visibly stunned Colbert.
Reeves is also known to be the ultimate gentlemen. Fans recently discovered that he doesn’t invade the personal space of females while taking photos.
Lol Keanu ain’t taking no chances. 😂😂 pic.twitter.com/nnfIOZKbT1— KA Lindsay (@KemziLinzi) June 9, 2019
And how could we forget the time Reeves stuck around to assist countless people after a flight he was on had to make an emergency landing?
All of that is not to detract from his numerous career successes, including the box office hit John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum and his hilarious cameo in Netflix’s Always Be My Maybe. The acting icon will even appear in Toy Story 4 and has plans to bring Bill & Ted 3 to the big screen.
Reeves is what we should all aspire to be. Given the current divide in America, Keanu may be the only thing holding this country together. Long live Keanu.
- Keanu Reeves surprises E3 with meme-worthy cameo—and we can barely handle it
- Keanu Reeves’ name sends Twitter into a rhyming frenzy
- Keanu Reeves walking in slow motion is a great meme
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Mikael Thalen is a tech and security reporter based in Seattle, covering social media, data breaches, hackers, and more.