- Ta-Nehisi Coates dismantles Mitch McConnell’s anti-reparations argument Wednesday 7:52 PM
- Whoopi Goldberg stirs debate over her opinion regarding Bella Thorne’s nudes Wednesday 7:04 PM
- Joe Biden really, really hates raves Wednesday 6:02 PM
- RIP to the Twitter geotagging feature that no one actually used Wednesday 5:14 PM
- Facebook contractors reveal the horrors of moderating graphic content Wednesday 4:42 PM
- Prosecutor almost directly quoted Bible in trial against man who helped migrants Wednesday 4:05 PM
- TikTok’s time warp videos get it twisted Wednesday 4:03 PM
- Is a ‘Stranger Things’ and Fortnite crossover event going to happen? Wednesday 3:55 PM
- YouTube reportedly thinking about moving all kids content off the main site Wednesday 3:50 PM
- AOC calls out Democrats for tone-deaf Beyoncé tweet Wednesday 3:15 PM
- Democrat candidates come out as ‘wife guys’ Wednesday 2:45 PM
- Poll of best Batman actors fails to include Adam West, and fans are not happy Wednesday 2:25 PM
- ‘Pose’ producer Janet Mock lands historic Netflix deal Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Teen confesses to killing her best friend on video to get $9 million from a stranger online Wednesday 1:28 PM
- Democrats vote to block transgender troop ban Wednesday 12:17 PM
Jason Momoa stands by his Khaleesi after the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale
This article contains spoilers for Game of Thrones season 8.
“Khaleesi, I love you. Emilia, I love you. So sorry I wasn’t there for you,” Momoa said on the live stream.
JASON WATCHING THE FINALE IS THE BIGGEST MOOD pic.twitter.com/f0jw4PNnS7
— Queen of the 7 kingdoms (@itsTrueDany) May 20, 2019
In the season’s penultimate episode, Daenerys burnt King’s Landing, full of innocent civilians, to ashes. Fans were beyond upset, claiming the showrunners abandoned Daenerys’ character development that’s been years in the making.
Many fans, who wanted to see the Targaryen end up on the throne, turned their backs on her after the episode. One fan and former on-screen husband didn’t. In fact, Momoa is so loyal to his Khaleesi that he reacted to that scene by saying, “Get ’em! Kill them all.”
He also expressed his hatred for Jon Snow while watching the finale.
“Fuck you! Fuck you, punk!” Momoa said after watching Snow kill Daenerys.
Drogon, Daenerys’ last living dragon child, melted the coveted iron throne instead of Snow–essentially blaming the throne for her death.
“I feel lost. I’m lost. What the fuck! Drogon should’ve melted his ass,” Momoa said.
He also wasn’t happy when he learned Snow’s lenient punishment for killing her was to be sent back to the Night’s Watch.
“Let me get this straight, you’re going back to what the fuck you did in the first place and you killed Khaleesi. Oh my god!” he said.
JASON MOMOA’S REACTION TO DANY DYING AND DROGON BURNING DOWN THE IRON THRONE IM LITERALLY DYING RN pic.twitter.com/lXYmW4Zwna
— osha (@oshawildling) May 20, 2019
Momoa obviously wanted Daenerys to end up on the throne. So he, like most viewers, wasn’t happy that Bran Stark was the one who ended up being crowned king.
Momoa’s character on the HBO series was killed off in the first season, but he will forever live on as the number one Daenerys Targaryen stan.
- Film meme mocks ‘brilliant’ Daenerys shot in ‘Game of Thrones’ finale
- ‘Game of Thrones’ fulfilled a twisted version of its biggest prophecy
- Brienne writing Jaime’s history is the best meme from the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale
- Who survived the ‘Game of Thrones’ series finale?
Eilish O'Sullivan is an editorial intern for the Daily Dot studying journalism and government at the University of Texas at Austin. Her work has appeared in the Austin Chronicle and the Daily Texan.