- Twitter lifts ‘permanent’ suspension of activist Barrett Brown Monday 5:52 PM
- Billie Eilish fans fend off objectifying comments on tank top photo Monday 5:32 PM
- Groom’s mother sabotages wedding by tricking guests into wearing jorts and hoodies Monday 4:39 PM
- No one believes Bill de Blasio’s son sent him these debate prep texts Monday 3:26 PM
- Meek Mill, Jay-Z to release ‘Free Meek’ documentary on Amazon Prime Monday 3:20 PM
- 3 ways to secure your Nest cameras Monday 3:15 PM
- This Pokémon generator site is creating hilarious monsters Monday 2:48 PM
- MrBeast impersonator tricks kid into destroying his XBox Monday 12:50 PM
- This mom has the perfect nickname for her nonbinary kid Monday 12:25 PM
- Netflix tests pop-out player that will allow viewers to multitask Monday 11:44 AM
- Man allowed to sue media publishers over readers’ Facebook comments Monday 11:42 AM
- Republicans slammed for joke about ‘heavily armed militia’ at Oregon statehouse Monday 11:30 AM
- New bill wants tech companies to tell you how much your data is worth Monday 10:53 AM
- AOC has the best response to Steve King’s ‘concentration camp’ criticism Monday 10:19 AM
- Did Jake Paul and Tana Mongeau just get engaged? Monday 9:26 AM
Jason Momoa stands by his Khaleesi after the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale
This article contains spoilers for Game of Thrones season 8.
“Khaleesi, I love you. Emilia, I love you. So sorry I wasn’t there for you,” Momoa said on the live stream.
JASON WATCHING THE FINALE IS THE BIGGEST MOOD pic.twitter.com/f0jw4PNnS7
— Queen of the 7 kingdoms (@itsTrueDany) May 20, 2019
In the season’s penultimate episode, Daenerys burnt King’s Landing, full of innocent civilians, to ashes. Fans were beyond upset, claiming the showrunners abandoned Daenerys’ character development that’s been years in the making.
Many fans, who wanted to see the Targaryen end up on the throne, turned their backs on her after the episode. One fan and former on-screen husband didn’t. In fact, Momoa is so loyal to his Khaleesi that he reacted to that scene by saying, “Get ’em! Kill them all.”
He also expressed his hatred for Jon Snow while watching the finale.
“Fuck you! Fuck you, punk!” Momoa said after watching Snow kill Daenerys.
Drogon, Daenerys’ last living dragon child, melted the coveted iron throne instead of Snow–essentially blaming the throne for her death.
“I feel lost. I’m lost. What the fuck! Drogon should’ve melted his ass,” Momoa said.
He also wasn’t happy when he learned Snow’s lenient punishment for killing her was to be sent back to the Night’s Watch.
“Let me get this straight, you’re going back to what the fuck you did in the first place and you killed Khaleesi. Oh my god!” he said.
JASON MOMOA’S REACTION TO DANY DYING AND DROGON BURNING DOWN THE IRON THRONE IM LITERALLY DYING RN pic.twitter.com/lXYmW4Zwna
— osha (@oshawildling) May 20, 2019
Momoa obviously wanted Daenerys to end up on the throne. So he, like most viewers, wasn’t happy that Bran Stark was the one who ended up being crowned king.
Momoa’s character on the HBO series was killed off in the first season, but he will forever live on as the number one Daenerys Targaryen stan.
- Film meme mocks ‘brilliant’ Daenerys shot in ‘Game of Thrones’ finale
- ‘Game of Thrones’ fulfilled a twisted version of its biggest prophecy
- Brienne writing Jaime’s history is the best meme from the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale
- Who survived the ‘Game of Thrones’ series finale?
Eilish O'Sullivan is an editorial intern for the Daily Dot studying journalism and government at the University of Texas at Austin. Her work has appeared in the Austin Chronicle and the Daily Texan.