- ‘Penis fish’ memes erupt after worms wash up on California coast Friday 5:58 PM
- Why Britons are tweeting ‘Little England’ in wake of the U.K. election Friday 3:22 PM
- Net neutrality advocates ask for rehearing on federal court decision Friday 2:29 PM
- Americans are sharing their #PrivateHealthLIFEhacks to help Brits Friday 2:28 PM
- Warren, Sanders, Yang pledge to skip next week’s debate over union dispute Friday 2:12 PM
- How to watch tonight’s Nets vs. Raptors matchup on NBA TV Friday 2:00 PM
- Alt-right comedian Owen Benjamin banned from Instagram over anti-Semitic memes Friday 1:55 PM
- TikTok teens are procrastinating with #FinalsWeek Friday 1:46 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ takes on a prison break in episode 6 Friday 1:30 PM
- Nick Cannon vs. Eminem battle expected to escalate after ‘off-limits’ daughter diss Friday 12:50 PM
- Laura Loomer vehemently denies being author of new Laura Loomer-themed action novel Friday 12:30 PM
- PewDiePie’s poop-inspired game gets banned by Apple Friday 11:29 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ showrunners to adapt ‘Lovecraft’ graphic novel to screen Friday 11:00 AM
- The 50 memes that defined the decade Friday 10:45 AM
- Venmo users are getting harassed with fraudulent payment requests Friday 10:38 AM
This article contains spoilers for Game of Thrones season 8.
“Khaleesi, I love you. Emilia, I love you. So sorry I wasn’t there for you,” Momoa said on the live stream.
JASON WATCHING THE FINALE IS THE BIGGEST MOOD pic.twitter.com/f0jw4PNnS7— Queen of the 7 kingdoms (@itsTrueDany) May 20, 2019
In the season’s penultimate episode, Daenerys burnt King’s Landing, full of innocent civilians, to ashes. Fans were beyond upset, claiming the showrunners abandoned Daenerys’ character development that’s been years in the making.
Many fans, who wanted to see the Targaryen end up on the throne, turned their backs on her after the episode. One fan and former on-screen husband didn’t. In fact, Momoa is so loyal to his Khaleesi that he reacted to that scene by saying, “Get ’em! Kill them all.”
He also expressed his hatred for Jon Snow while watching the finale.
“Fuck you! Fuck you, punk!” Momoa said after watching Snow kill Daenerys.
Drogon, Daenerys’ last living dragon child, melted the coveted iron throne instead of Snow–essentially blaming the throne for her death.
“I feel lost. I’m lost. What the fuck! Drogon should’ve melted his ass,” Momoa said.
He also wasn’t happy when he learned Snow’s lenient punishment for killing her was to be sent back to the Night’s Watch.
“Let me get this straight, you’re going back to what the fuck you did in the first place and you killed Khaleesi. Oh my god!” he said.
JASON MOMOA’S REACTION TO DANY DYING AND DROGON BURNING DOWN THE IRON THRONE IM LITERALLY DYING RN pic.twitter.com/lXYmW4Zwna— osha (@oshawildling) May 20, 2019
Momoa obviously wanted Daenerys to end up on the throne. So he, like most viewers, wasn’t happy that Bran Stark was the one who ended up being crowned king.
Momoa’s character on the HBO series was killed off in the first season, but he will forever live on as the number one Daenerys Targaryen stan.
- Film meme mocks ‘brilliant’ Daenerys shot in ‘Game of Thrones’ finale
- ‘Game of Thrones’ fulfilled a twisted version of its biggest prophecy
- Brienne writing Jaime’s history is the best meme from the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale
- Who survived the ‘Game of Thrones’ series finale?
Eilish O'Sullivan is an editorial intern for the Daily Dot studying journalism and government at the University of Texas at Austin. Her work has appeared in the Austin Chronicle and the Daily Texan.