- Is Trump defiling the U.S. flag in this MAGA dude’s artwork? Sunday 4:41 PM
- White woman claims she invented sleep bonnets, selling them for $100 Sunday 4:03 PM
- Even real cats are transfixed by the enigma that is the ‘Cats’ trailer Sunday 3:04 PM
- Wait, how tall is Peppa Pig? Sunday 1:55 PM
- Twitter suspends Iranian state media outlets for harassing members of a religious minority Sunday 1:06 PM
- Pro-MAGA pageant queen stripped of title over ‘offensive’ tweets Sunday 11:52 AM
- Marvel unveiled its Phase 4 plans at San Diego Comic-Con Sunday 9:16 AM
- How a queer Instagram is helping fight the opioid epidemic in Appalachia Sunday 6:30 AM
- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
You can watch Donald Glover’s ‘Atlanta’ without cable—here’s how
The Golden Globe-winning FX series is coming to Hulu.
Donald Glover created and co-wrote the critically lauded, Golden Globe-winning FX series. He stars as Earn Mark, a young father stuck managing his cousin, Paper Boi (Brian Tyree Henry), an aspiring rapper. The show uses its host city as a character, playing on its uniquely American nooks and crannies, giving us animated critiques of police brutality and Migos’ “Bad and Boujee.”
On May 3, Hulu picked up exclusive rights to Atlanta. According to a statement from Hulu, the “first season of the series will become available to stream exclusively on Hulu ahead of its second season premiere, slated for 2018 on FX, and subsequent seasons will become available to stream on Hulu following their run on FX.” Season 2 has been pushed back to 2018 so Glover can do his Star Wars movie, so it’s not clear how soon it will end up on Hulu, and it’s no longer available through FXNow, FX’s streaming app. If you’re looking to binge Atlanta right now, however, you still have a few option.
How to watch Atlanta on YouTube
The first season of Atlanta is available on YouTube for $1.99 an episode or $16.99 for the full 10-episode season. If you’re already a YouTube Red subscriber, or are used to spending hours a day on the streaming platform, it’s a good option.
How to watch Atlanta on iTunes
You can watch Atlanta on iTunes, but it’s going to cost you more. Each HD episode will set you back $2.99 or $22.99 for the full season. If you’re looking to burn a gift card from a co-worker, it’s a solid investment. You can shave some off the price by getting the SD version for a dollar less an episode, or $16.99 for the full season.
How to watch Atlanta on Amazon
There’s no real benefit to watching Atlanta on Amazon as opposed to iTunes or YouTube. The pricing is identical, so it’s a really a matter of convenience. What matters is that you catch up on Atlanta soon.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.