- Sebastian Gorka blocks pundit over Fleshlight joke Today 1:56 AM
- Woman slammed for trying to put UPS driver on blast Sunday 5:23 PM
- Twitter users are sharing which celebrities have blocked them Sunday 4:43 PM
- Conspiracy theorists are already taking advantage of Kobe Bryant’s death Sunday 4:14 PM
- Adam Driver returns to ‘SNL’ as Kylo Ren to reprise role in ‘Undercover Boss’ parody Sunday 3:46 PM
- White men are raging over ‘SNL’s’ white male rage skit Sunday 3:05 PM
- Kobe Bryant dead at 41 Sunday 2:24 PM
- Pete Buttigieg mocked over ‘staged’ walking photo Sunday 12:22 PM
- Louise Linton deletes pro-Greta Thunberg Instagram post Sunday 10:58 AM
- ‘Crip Camp’ shows how a radical summer camp was monumental to the disability rights movement Sunday 9:08 AM
- How to live stream the 2020 Grammy Awards Sunday 7:00 AM
- Technology created deepfakes—does it have a way to stop them, too? Sunday 6:30 AM
- SESTA-FOSTA is ‘detrimental’ to sex workers’ safety, study confirms Sunday 6:00 AM
- Jeff Bezos’ girlfriend allegedly sent his nudes to her brother, who then leaked them Saturday 6:38 PM
- This Instagram account catches influencers in the wild Saturday 5:42 PM
Ahead of the D23 Expo next weekend, Disney twenty-three magazine featured the canine stars of Lady and the Tramp on its cover, giving us an even closer look at one of Disney’s upcoming live-action remakes.
What’s on Disney+? Here’s everything we know:
At a glance, there’s not much to go on. It’s literally a photo of two dogs—albeit, two very cute dogs. Lady is portrayed by a Cocker Spaniel whose name is Rose while Tramp is portrayed by a rescue dog named Monte. (Tessa Thompson and Justin Theroux will be voicing the titular duo, respectively.)
JUST ANNOUNCED: Get a first look at the live-action Lady and the Tramp and more Disney magic headed to #DisneyPlus in the latest issue of "Disney twenty-three": https://t.co/hQMdeDsF1Y pic.twitter.com/BlYN4gwAlO— Disney D23 (@DisneyD23) August 13, 2019
Disney execs briefly showed us what Lady and the Tramp would look like through a title card revealed during an event showcasing what Disney+ had to offer back in April, but it wasn’t until last week that we got our first true look at many of the dogs who will be bringing the film to life; Monte is the only dog who’s labeled as a rescue dog.
- Here are all of the Disney+ titles available to stream at launch
- How to sign up for the Disney+ bundle
- Every Marvel Cinematic Universe movie and show missing from Disney+ (and when they’ll show up)
- Here’s everything we know about Disney+ so far
- The best movies and TV shows streaming on Disney+
Lady and the Tramp’s use of real dogs in the film is a big contrast to The Lion King remake, which featured CG-animated and hyper-realistic animals. We don’t yet have a trailer, so it’s hard to judge how the film will show the dogs communicating with one another, but for now, we know that the dogs will all be good—even if they might be doing something bad.
Lady and the Tramp will debut on Disney+ when the streaming service launches on Nov. 12.
H/T Comic Book Movie
- Report: Disney is still struggling to fit Deadpool into its plans
- Disney is apparently planning a live-action ‘Aladdin’ sequel
- Disney publicist Jeffrey R. Epstein is getting lots of angry tweets
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.