- George Lucas helped direct ‘Game of Thrones’—and he’s not a Jon Snow fan 10 Months Ago
- Conspiracy theorists got me suspended from Twitter—and now I understand them better 10 Months Ago
- What is the Golden Company, Cersei’s new mercenary army? Today 7:00 AM
- The ultimate cord-cutting guide for sports fans Today 6:53 AM
- ‘Little Teeth’ is a tribute to 20-something queer growing pains Today 6:30 AM
- Here’s what’s coming to Amazon Prime in May 2019 Today 5:30 AM
- Beyoncé’s ‘Lemonade’ is finally coming to Spotify, Apple Music Wednesday 8:48 PM
- Ubisoft is offering Assassin’s Creed Unity for free to support Notre Dame Wednesday 8:25 PM
- Are teens really eating foods with the ‘shells on’ for a new viral challenge? Wednesday 6:39 PM
- The new Samsung Galaxy Fold already seems to be falling apart Wednesday 4:17 PM
- Think the ‘Game of Thrones’ spirals are all connected? Think again Wednesday 3:13 PM
- Rudy Giuliani retweets prominent QAnon supporter Wednesday 2:03 PM
- India bans TikTok over concerns of child endangerment Wednesday 2:00 PM
- JJ Abrams says there’s more to Rey’s origin story Wednesday 1:16 PM
- Lisa Ann says Equinox trainer looked up her number and sent her a creepy text Wednesday 1:01 PM
Chrissy Teigen spoke at the Families Belong Together rally with her newborn son in her arms
Baby’s first rally.
During the event, she spoke passionately and extolled the virtues of America’s immigrant population. It was a memorable moment, to be sure, and it was made even more heartwarming by the fact that she spoke with her newborn son Miles cradled in her arms the entire time.
Taking to Instagram after the March, Teigen announced that this was, in fact, baby Miles’ first rally.
“Baby’s first rally. #keepfamiliestogether,” the mother of two penned as an Instagram caption along with a snap of herself with her young son. It will likely act as the first of many to come, given Teigen’s propensity to speak her mind and ensure her voice is heard.
Nestled in a sling around Teigen’s neck, Miles Theodore got his first round of experience with political activism, and it couldn’t have been a prouder moment for both mother and son. Keeping Miles close to her as she shared searing, powerful words with the crowd helped to bolster the message she was driving home.
“I’m incredibly proud to be the daughter of an immigrant,” Teigen said during her speech. “My mother grew up in a very small village in Thailand and she never lets me forget it.”
— Los Angeles Times (@latimes) June 30, 2018
The 32-year-old social media star and Lip Sync Battle co-host took the stage ahead of her husband John Legend, who performed a new song for the massive crowd called “Preach.” Teigen and Miles looked on while Legend shared his own powerful message with the new track.
“We are here and we are not going away,” Teigen stressed. “We are here because we believe America can and should do better. And John and I are going to keep showing up and speaking out and making sure your voices are heard.”
Brittany Vincent has covered gaming, anime, tech, and entertainment for over a decade. When she’s not writing, she’s replaying Um Jammer Lammy or Day of the Tentacle for the hundredth time while pining for a Harvester sequel. Find her on Twitter @MolotovCupcake.