- Netflix’s ‘Jupiter’s Legacy’ loses showrunner halfway through filming 1 Year Ago
- ‘Disenchantment’ season 2 starts strong but falls into familiar trappings Today 7:00 AM
- Are Ben Shapiro fans organizing against his opponents on Twitter? Today 6:30 AM
- iPhone overloaded? Here’s how to cancel app subscriptions Monday 11:02 PM
- Fan-created ‘app’ lets users experience the final moments of the ill-fated Jeremy Renner app Monday 10:00 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos receives lifetime ban from furry convention Monday 7:49 PM
- Snapchat just made all political ads purchased publicly available Monday 6:12 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Borussia Dortmund in Champions League action Monday 5:39 PM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Napoli in Champions League action Monday 5:19 PM
- How to make real money with Amazon’s Mechanical Turk Monday 5:03 PM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Valencia in the Champions League Monday 4:47 PM
- ‘SNL’ fires Shane Gillis for racist, homophobic comments Monday 4:41 PM
- Ben Shapiro wants accusers to describe Brett Kavanaugh’s penis Monday 4:30 PM
- Twitch suspends streamer for wearing Chun-Li cosplay Monday 4:11 PM
- Report: 8 years of Trump tax returns subpoenaed by prosecutors Monday 3:45 PM
During the event, she spoke passionately and extolled the virtues of America’s immigrant population. It was a memorable moment, to be sure, and it was made even more heartwarming by the fact that she spoke with her newborn son Miles cradled in her arms the entire time.
Taking to Instagram after the March, Teigen announced that this was, in fact, baby Miles’ first rally.
“Baby’s first rally. #keepfamiliestogether,” the mother of two penned as an Instagram caption along with a snap of herself with her young son. It will likely act as the first of many to come, given Teigen’s propensity to speak her mind and ensure her voice is heard.
Nestled in a sling around Teigen’s neck, Miles Theodore got his first round of experience with political activism, and it couldn’t have been a prouder moment for both mother and son. Keeping Miles close to her as she shared searing, powerful words with the crowd helped to bolster the message she was driving home.
“I’m incredibly proud to be the daughter of an immigrant,” Teigen said during her speech. “My mother grew up in a very small village in Thailand and she never lets me forget it.”
The 32-year-old social media star and Lip Sync Battle co-host took the stage ahead of her husband John Legend, who performed a new song for the massive crowd called “Preach.” Teigen and Miles looked on while Legend shared his own powerful message with the new track.
“We are here and we are not going away,” Teigen stressed. “We are here because we believe America can and should do better. And John and I are going to keep showing up and speaking out and making sure your voices are heard.”
Brittany Vincent has covered gaming, anime, tech, and entertainment for over a decade. When she’s not writing, she’s replaying Um Jammer Lammy or Day of the Tentacle for the hundredth time while pining for a Harvester sequel. Find her on Twitter @MolotovCupcake.