- Elon Musk seriously just hosted PewDiePie’s meme review Friday 6:27 PM
- Netflix throws ‘Umbrella Academy’-themed wedding for fans Friday 4:54 PM
- Report: Facebook collects app data on users’ body weight, menstrual cycles Friday 3:38 PM
- Amy Klobuchar reportedly ate salad with a comb, and Twitter’s got questions Friday 2:47 PM
- Nobody likes Spotify’s new update Friday 2:34 PM
- Student assaulted on campus while tabling for right-wing group Friday 1:56 PM
- Kim Kardashian West sues fashion company for using her likeness to sell clothes Friday 1:12 PM
- The Oscar-nominated movies you’ll actually want to watch again Friday 12:56 PM
- Viral graphic shows the moment Apple became the top brand Friday 12:27 PM
- Jake Paul calls out KSI for a YouTube boxing match Friday 11:31 AM
- This elementary school made students play ‘runaway slave’ Friday 11:20 AM
- ‘Captain Marvel’ is already a box office hit Friday 11:06 AM
- This ‘buff bunny vs. small bunny’ meme is here for when you’re feeling inferior Friday 10:53 AM
- Ocasio-Cortez slams trolls who come at her with ‘weak’ memes Friday 10:52 AM
- YouTube just made it awfully easy to harass creators Friday 10:16 AM
Chrissy Teigen spoke at the Families Belong Together rally with her newborn son in her arms
Baby’s first rally.
During the event, she spoke passionately and extolled the virtues of America’s immigrant population. It was a memorable moment, to be sure, and it was made even more heartwarming by the fact that she spoke with her newborn son Miles cradled in her arms the entire time.
Taking to Instagram after the March, Teigen announced that this was, in fact, baby Miles’ first rally.
“Baby’s first rally. #keepfamiliestogether,” the mother of two penned as an Instagram caption along with a snap of herself with her young son. It will likely act as the first of many to come, given Teigen’s propensity to speak her mind and ensure her voice is heard.
Nestled in a sling around Teigen’s neck, Miles Theodore got his first round of experience with political activism, and it couldn’t have been a prouder moment for both mother and son. Keeping Miles close to her as she shared searing, powerful words with the crowd helped to bolster the message she was driving home.
“I’m incredibly proud to be the daughter of an immigrant,” Teigen said during her speech. “My mother grew up in a very small village in Thailand and she never lets me forget it.”
— Los Angeles Times (@latimes) June 30, 2018
The 32-year-old social media star and Lip Sync Battle co-host took the stage ahead of her husband John Legend, who performed a new song for the massive crowd called “Preach.” Teigen and Miles looked on while Legend shared his own powerful message with the new track.
“We are here and we are not going away,” Teigen stressed. “We are here because we believe America can and should do better. And John and I are going to keep showing up and speaking out and making sure your voices are heard.”
Brittany Vincent has covered gaming, anime, tech, and entertainment for over a decade. When she’s not writing, she’s replaying Um Jammer Lammy or Day of the Tentacle for the hundredth time while pining for a Harvester sequel. Find her on Twitter @MolotovCupcake.