- Marvel unveiled its Phase 4 plans at San Diego Comic-Con Today 9:16 AM
- How a queer Instagram is helping fight the opioid epidemic in Appalachia Today 6:30 AM
- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Saturday 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC on ESPN 4: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards Saturday 5:49 AM
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
Chrissy Teigen spoke at the Families Belong Together rally with her newborn son in her arms
Baby’s first rally.
During the event, she spoke passionately and extolled the virtues of America’s immigrant population. It was a memorable moment, to be sure, and it was made even more heartwarming by the fact that she spoke with her newborn son Miles cradled in her arms the entire time.
Taking to Instagram after the March, Teigen announced that this was, in fact, baby Miles’ first rally.
“Baby’s first rally. #keepfamiliestogether,” the mother of two penned as an Instagram caption along with a snap of herself with her young son. It will likely act as the first of many to come, given Teigen’s propensity to speak her mind and ensure her voice is heard.
Nestled in a sling around Teigen’s neck, Miles Theodore got his first round of experience with political activism, and it couldn’t have been a prouder moment for both mother and son. Keeping Miles close to her as she shared searing, powerful words with the crowd helped to bolster the message she was driving home.
“I’m incredibly proud to be the daughter of an immigrant,” Teigen said during her speech. “My mother grew up in a very small village in Thailand and she never lets me forget it.”
The 32-year-old social media star and Lip Sync Battle co-host took the stage ahead of her husband John Legend, who performed a new song for the massive crowd called “Preach.” Teigen and Miles looked on while Legend shared his own powerful message with the new track.
“We are here and we are not going away,” Teigen stressed. “We are here because we believe America can and should do better. And John and I are going to keep showing up and speaking out and making sure your voices are heard.”
Brittany Vincent has covered gaming, anime, tech, and entertainment for over a decade. When she’s not writing, she’s replaying Um Jammer Lammy or Day of the Tentacle for the hundredth time while pining for a Harvester sequel. Find her on Twitter @MolotovCupcake.