- The shocking similarities between QAnon’s the ‘Storm’ and the far-right’s ‘Second Civil War’ 10 Months Ago
- Healsluts are challenging gaming to make room for queer, kinky self-discovery 10 Months Ago
- Does ‘Avengers: Endgame’ have a post-credits scene? 10 Months Ago
- Sling TV Latino es esencial para quienes están hartos de la televisión por cable Today 5:00 AM
- Daenerys’ passive-aggressive smile is a very relatable meme Tuesday 11:18 PM
- Kentucky food truck repurposes ‘LGBTQ’ to support Trump, BBQ Tuesday 8:47 PM
- Trump complains about his Twitter follower count to Jack Dorsey Tuesday 6:34 PM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ sticks the devastating landing—and gives you time to grieve Tuesday 5:00 PM
- Teen hits Apple with $1 billion lawsuit over alleged face recognition arrest Tuesday 4:48 PM
- John Cornyn tried to attack Patton Oswalt for his old tweets and failed miserably Tuesday 4:29 PM
- Logan Paul is selling a pillow of his dead dog—for a good cause Tuesday 4:04 PM
- Study: Too much Netflix, not enough ‘chill’ Tuesday 3:36 PM
- Pete Buttigieg under fire for saying incarcerated Americans shouldn’t be allowed to vote Tuesday 2:54 PM
- Vine’s co-founder is beta testing a new app called Byte Tuesday 2:51 PM
- Report: Joe Biden’s first 2020 fundraiser will be with a Comcast executive Tuesday 2:49 PM
John Legend doesn’t give a s**t about Sarah Huckabee Sanders’ dinner
John Legend finally said what’s on plenty of people’s minds: Who cares if White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders was asked to leave a restaurant, and can we please talk about reuniting immigrant kids with their parents?
TMZ asked Legend and his wife, social media queen Chrissy Teigen, to weigh in on politics as they left dinner in Beverly Hills on Wednesday. A reporter questioned Legend about Real Housewives of Atlanta star Claudia Jordan’s comment on Sanders’ weight, and Legend made it clear he doesn’t give a shit.
“Ask me ‘Should we be reuniting 2,000 kids with their families?’” Legend said, talking about the thousands of kids taken from their parents under President Donald Trump’s “zero tolerance” immigration policy. “Yes we should.”
Last weekend, Sanders tweeted that she was booted from the Red Hen in Lexington, Virginia, because of her job in the Trump administration.
Lest it wasn’t clear the first time, Legend continued: “I don’t care about fucking Sarah Sanders. Reunite the fucking kids with their families, then we’ll talk about Sarah Sanders and her fucking dinners.”
John Legend: “I don’t care about fucking Sarah Sanders. Reunite the fucking kids with their families, then we’ll talk about Sarah Sanders and her fucking dinners.” pic.twitter.com/7wVCuUWpV3
— Sarah Lerner (@SarahLerner) June 29, 2018
Teigen later tweeted some of the harassment she and Legend received after his comments, writing that she was “calmly in bed, scrolling through Twitter” to cope with the response.
me, calmly in bed, scrolling the twitter. you: pic.twitter.com/zcjDIA1zk0
— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) June 27, 2018
Earlier this week, Teigen responded to Sanders’ tweet about getting booted from the Red Hen. “Didn’t you morons get your panties in a wad defending the baker that didn’t want to make cakes for gay couples?” she asked.
Didn’t you morons get your panties in a wad defending the baker that didn’t want to make cakes for gay couples? https://t.co/1idczybcwA
— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) June 23, 2018
An executive order ended the separation of immigrant families last week, but the Cut reports that Secretary of Health and Human Services Alex Azar said Tuesday that 2,047 children are still in government custody. The Trump administration didn’t implement a plan to reunite families already separated.
H/T the Cut
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.