- Report: 8 years of Trump tax returns subpoenaed by prosecutors 1 Year Ago
- Netflix lands exclusive streaming rights to ‘Seinfeld’ 1 Year Ago
- Jenny Slate sets first comedy special at Netflix 1 Year Ago
- #EndSmearFear is aiming to save lives 1 Year Ago
- Netflix ‘Living With Yourself’ trailer offers a double dose of Paul Rudd Today 2:07 PM
- How to stream the 2019-20 UEFA Champions League Today 2:04 PM
- Caitlyn Jenner ridiculed with transphobic jokes during Alec Baldwin roast Today 1:27 PM
- Brad Pitt confronts his daddy issues in the sci-fi epic ‘Ad Astra’ Today 1:20 PM
- People are stanning Elizabeth Warren’s respect for a train’s quiet car Today 1:16 PM
- Far-right mobs attacked queer kids after first Pride in Ukraine city Today 1:13 PM
- Influencer who photoshopped clouds into photos is partnering with the editing app Today 12:34 PM
- Lupita Nyong’o and Danai Gurira team up for ‘Americanah’ Today 12:29 PM
- Video shows cop mocking Black ninth-grader who was detained at bus stop Today 12:27 PM
- Has Trump reversed course on fighting a war for the Saudis? Today 12:20 PM
- These iOS 13 features will have you racing to update your iPhone on Sept. 19 Today 12:05 PM
John Legend finally said what’s on plenty of people’s minds: Who cares if White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders was asked to leave a restaurant, and can we please talk about reuniting immigrant kids with their parents?
TMZ asked Legend and his wife, social media queen Chrissy Teigen, to weigh in on politics as they left dinner in Beverly Hills on Wednesday. A reporter questioned Legend about Real Housewives of Atlanta star Claudia Jordan’s comment on Sanders’ weight, and Legend made it clear he doesn’t give a shit.
“Ask me ‘Should we be reuniting 2,000 kids with their families?’” Legend said, talking about the thousands of kids taken from their parents under President Donald Trump’s “zero tolerance” immigration policy. “Yes we should.”
Last weekend, Sanders tweeted that she was booted from the Red Hen in Lexington, Virginia, because of her job in the Trump administration.
Lest it wasn’t clear the first time, Legend continued: “I don’t care about fucking Sarah Sanders. Reunite the fucking kids with their families, then we’ll talk about Sarah Sanders and her fucking dinners.”
John Legend: “I don’t care about fucking Sarah Sanders. Reunite the fucking kids with their families, then we’ll talk about Sarah Sanders and her fucking dinners.” pic.twitter.com/7wVCuUWpV3— Sarah Lerner (@SarahLerner) June 29, 2018
Teigen later tweeted some of the harassment she and Legend received after his comments, writing that she was “calmly in bed, scrolling through Twitter” to cope with the response.
me, calmly in bed, scrolling the twitter. you: pic.twitter.com/zcjDIA1zk0— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) June 27, 2018
Earlier this week, Teigen responded to Sanders’ tweet about getting booted from the Red Hen. “Didn’t you morons get your panties in a wad defending the baker that didn’t want to make cakes for gay couples?” she asked.
Didn’t you morons get your panties in a wad defending the baker that didn’t want to make cakes for gay couples? https://t.co/1idczybcwA— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) June 23, 2018
An executive order ended the separation of immigrant families last week, but the Cut reports that Secretary of Health and Human Services Alex Azar said Tuesday that 2,047 children are still in government custody. The Trump administration didn’t implement a plan to reunite families already separated.
H/T the Cut
Kris Seavers is the IRL editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.