- ‘American Dirt’ controversy inspires meme about Latinx stereotypes in literature Wednesday 9:02 PM
- What is the TikTok ‘flex challenge’? Wednesday 8:03 PM
- GoFundMe to send ‘Target Tori’ on vacation raises more than $30K Wednesday 6:54 PM
- Furries stop domestic assault in viral video Wednesday 6:10 PM
- Gritty under police investigation for allegedly punching a teen fan Wednesday 6:04 PM
- Twitter users throw animal parties with emoji in new meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Woman who went viral supporting Soleimani killing exposed as Libyan militia lobbyist Wednesday 5:01 PM
- Jeff Bezos subtweets Saudi prince following phone hack report Wednesday 3:29 PM
- ‘Yeah, good. OK’ Bernie Sanders meme is a new way to dismiss people Wednesday 3:10 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: Petty displays of affection Wednesday 2:12 PM
- Makeup artist transforms into Timothée Chalamet on TikTok Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Iguanas are falling from trees—and people are selling them online for food Wednesday 1:02 PM
- 75,000 sign petition to fire Wendy Williams after ‘cleft lip’ comment about Joaquin Phoenix Wednesday 12:30 PM
- Kim Kardashian says Kylie Jenner’s setting spray is ‘cheap sh*t’ Wednesday 11:59 AM
- Trump continues to demand Apple unlock iPhones for the government Wednesday 11:46 AM
Beyoncé is no stranger to conspiracy theories, with her supposed membership in the world-dominating Illuminati common knowledge among the woke.
Both Beyoncé and husband Jay-Z are thought by some to be charter members of the modern incarnation of the ancient society, with the duo flashing Illuminati images in their work, references to Egyptian gods during performances, and even covert signs in their pregnancy photos. It’s likely that the performers are trolling the conspiracy theorists with their references. Beyoncé even said as much on a track on her 2016 album Lemonade.
But according to conspiracy theorists, it’s not just the Illuminati that has its hooks in Beyoncé. People who really think they have a handle on this stuff have called her a Satanist, a mind control avatar, and a deep-cover CIA agent. She’s also been accused of faking her pregnancies and lying about her age.
So keeping all that in mind, it’s not surprising that the conspiracy theories started flying immediately after her headlining gig at Coachella last weekend (which was repeated this weekend). During a set full of music, dance, and images, Beyoncé ran through centuries of Black cultural touchstones in just two hours—and spawned a range of theories about what she was really trying to say.
One staple image of Beyoncé’s Illuminati symbol repertoire is the “all seeing eye” made by making a circle with your thumb and index finger, and… putting it over your eye. She flashed one at Coachella, and Illuminati watchers had a field day with it.
Just because someone is rich doesn't mean that they're not a slave. pic.twitter.com/5l6sdExEsd— Roosh (@rooshv) April 15, 2018
Here’s a tweet linking Bey to Satanic imagery and a British defense contractor, because it’s all connected:
Speaking of Satan, Beyoncé eats children in the service of the Dark Lord, don’t you know?
Satan. BEYONCE is a SATANIST you know? Sacrifices children & eats people. Why anyone would support #SpiritCooking #satanists like #beyonce and #jayz are beyond me. #pedovore #MarinaAbramovic #Beychella link #savethechildren #Pedowood pic.twitter.com/bIAp55V1LG— Evan (@Evancipati0n) April 15, 2018
This YouTuber is not having any of Beyoncé’s royalty imagery, because America doesn’t have royalty.
Plenty of people saw Satanic imagery everywhere:
This will fly over these women heads who idol worship her sadly they don’t care they favorite artist worship Satan https://t.co/ugqcAjlps4— Stop believing lies (@briqparis) April 16, 2018
Others addressed “Beyonce’s Jew merchandisers.”
There were even a smattering of hashtags from hot conspiracy theory #QAnon.
Jay-Z & Beyoncé attend #SpiritCooking rituals w/ #MarinaAbramovic They're into the occult & use occult symbolism & phrases in their music & videos. Boycott them, #ThesePeopleAreSick #Qanon #wikileaks #Podesta #Illuminati #Pedogate #Epstein #TheStorm #GreatAwakening #PatriotsDay pic.twitter.com/B6SAcfy39s— Gen. Nathanael Greene (@NatGreene76) April 16, 2018
You could also slow Beyoncé’s performance down and find out she sounds like a demon.
Which is the way everyone sounds when you do that.
Beyoncé’s second Coachella performance took place this weekend, so expect the narrative to continue again this week.
Mike Rothschild is a writer who specializes in researching and debunking conspiracy theories and fringe beliefs. He also writes about politics, history, and breaking news.