- Boys’ sleepovers vs. girls’ sleepovers meme takes stereotypes to absurd heights Tuesday 7:30 PM
- Petition wants Keanu Reeves to be named ‘Time Person of the Year’ Tuesday 6:33 PM
- 8 women accuse Max Landis of sexual, emotional abuse Tuesday 5:37 PM
- Taylor Swift accused of copying Beyoncé—again Tuesday 5:00 PM
- Everything you need to know about Libra, Facebook’s new cryptocurrency Tuesday 4:45 PM
- Netflix just renewed ‘Queer Eye’ for 2 more seasons Tuesday 4:32 PM
- YouTube’s queen of failed robots just unveiled a one-of-a-kind Tesla truck Tuesday 3:58 PM
- AOC infuriates conservatives with ‘concentration camps’ remark Tuesday 3:33 PM
- TikTok users explore identity with Lin Manuel Miranda-inspired meme Tuesday 3:24 PM
- TikTok apology video inspires new duet meme Tuesday 2:51 PM
- Man sues brewery after identifying as female to get beer discount Tuesday 2:31 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Hulu in July 2019 Tuesday 2:22 PM
- This biotech company’s logo is almost straight out of Resident Evil Tuesday 1:26 PM
- Trump says mass deportations to start next week Tuesday 12:28 PM
- GOP pollster bothered by broken elevator in Austria blames socialism Tuesday 10:50 AM
Beyoncé’s Coachella performance was a hotbed of conspiracy theories
Is Bey a spy? A member of the Illuminati? We’ll never know.
Beyoncé is no stranger to conspiracy theories, with her supposed membership in the world-dominating Illuminati common knowledge among the woke.
Both Beyoncé and husband Jay-Z are thought by some to be charter members of the modern incarnation of the ancient society, with the duo flashing Illuminati images in their work, references to Egyptian gods during performances, and even covert signs in their pregnancy photos. It’s likely that the performers are trolling the conspiracy theorists with their references. Beyoncé even said as much on a track on her 2016 album Lemonade.
But according to conspiracy theorists, it’s not just the Illuminati that has its hooks in Beyoncé. People who really think they have a handle on this stuff have called her a Satanist, a mind control avatar, and a deep-cover CIA agent. She’s also been accused of faking her pregnancies and lying about her age.
So keeping all that in mind, it’s not surprising that the conspiracy theories started flying immediately after her headlining gig at Coachella last weekend (which was repeated this weekend). During a set full of music, dance, and images, Beyoncé ran through centuries of Black cultural touchstones in just two hours—and spawned a range of theories about what she was really trying to say.
One staple image of Beyoncé’s Illuminati symbol repertoire is the “all seeing eye” made by making a circle with your thumb and index finger, and… putting it over your eye. She flashed one at Coachella, and Illuminati watchers had a field day with it.
— Boris & Natasha (@VeryFakeNoose) April 15, 2018
Their symbolism will be their downfall
— Econ Politicist (@EconPoliticist) April 15, 2018
Just because someone is rich doesn't mean that they're not a slave. pic.twitter.com/5l6sdExEsd
— Roosh (@rooshv) April 15, 2018
Here’s a tweet linking Bey to Satanic imagery and a British defense contractor, because it’s all connected:
— Steve Svensson (@stompk) March 12, 2018
Speaking of Satan, Beyoncé eats children in the service of the Dark Lord, don’t you know?
Satan. BEYONCE is a SATANIST you know? Sacrifices children & eats people. Why anyone would support #SpiritCooking #satanists like #beyonce and #jayz are beyond me. #pedovore #MarinaAbramovic #Beychella link #savethechildren #Pedowood pic.twitter.com/bIAp55V1LG
— Evan (@Evancipati0n) April 15, 2018
This YouTuber is not having any of Beyoncé’s royalty imagery, because America doesn’t have royalty.
Plenty of people saw Satanic imagery everywhere:
This will fly over these women heads who idol worship her sadly they don’t care they favorite artist worship Satan https://t.co/ugqcAjlps4
— Stop believing lies (@briqparis) April 16, 2018
Others addressed “Beyonce’s Jew merchandisers.”
There were even a smattering of hashtags from hot conspiracy theory #QAnon.
Jay-Z & Beyoncé attend #SpiritCooking rituals w/ #MarinaAbramovic They're into the occult & use occult symbolism & phrases in their music & videos. Boycott them, #ThesePeopleAreSick #Qanon #wikileaks #Podesta #Illuminati #Pedogate #Epstein #TheStorm #GreatAwakening #PatriotsDay pic.twitter.com/B6SAcfy39s
— Gen. Nathanael Greene (@NatGreene76) April 16, 2018
You could also slow Beyoncé’s performance down and find out she sounds like a demon.
Which is the way everyone sounds when you do that.
Beyoncé’s second Coachella performance took place this weekend, so expect the narrative to continue again this week.
Mike Rothschild is a writer who specializes in researching and debunking conspiracy theories and fringe beliefs. He also writes about politics, history, and breaking news.