- Barstool Sports deletes anti-union tweets, blogs in settlement 1 Year Ago
- The ‘can have … as a treat’ meme has come full circle 1 Year Ago
- Joe Rogan says he’s voting for Bernie Sanders Today 2:54 PM
- Woman spots mole in man’s TikTok video, saves him from cancer Today 2:17 PM
- ‘You’ star confirms his character is queer and ‘never will be’ straight Today 1:08 PM
- This Twitch streamer pooped his pants during a broadcast Today 12:17 PM
- Apple’s iCloud encryption plan halted amid FBI pressure, report Today 10:57 AM
- Glenn Greenwald charged with cybercrimes in Brazil Today 10:48 AM
- BadBunny rips her fans for not sending her enough money Today 10:06 AM
- White rapper punched in the face for saying the N-word during battle Today 9:21 AM
- Hillary Clinton blasts Bernie Sanders, says ‘nobody likes him’ Today 8:57 AM
- Someone found Harry Styles’ doppelganger—and TikTok is obsessed Today 8:08 AM
- Patrick Stewart has spoken to Kevin Feige about playing Professor X again Today 7:16 AM
- ‘Shrill’ season 2 expands its world and point of view Today 7:00 AM
- Trans/Sex: Let trans art be messy, weird, and uncomfortable Today 6:00 AM
The always controversial Azealia Banks is now taking on a titan of the technology world.
In an Instagram Story she shared this week while apparently waiting for Grimes—Elon Musk’s girlfriend—to return to their house for a recording session, Banks said the Tesla CEO tweeted while on acid and that Musk and Grimes probably wanted “some weird threesome sex shit to begin with.”
But Musk says it’s impossible for Banks to suggest this, telling Gizmodo Monday afternoon that he has “never even met [Banks] or communicated with her in any way.” A Musk spokesperson also vehemently denied that he tweeted while under the influence of drugs.
Banks wrote on her Instagram story that she had been at their house “waiting for Grimes to show up and start these sessions. I have no idea when she is coming back. I’m going to wait one more day then I’m going to go home.”
In another Story on Monday, she wrote: “This trash ass beta male pig was given his start in life because his disgusting racist parents took advantage of thousands of black people.” She also called him a “libertarian shitbag.”
A message sent to Banks’ representation by the Daily Dot was not returned.
This certainly isn’t the first time Banks has been outspoken against other celebrities and musicians. She called Cardi B an “illiterate, untalented rat,” and she told Rihanna to “shut up and sit down” after Rihanna blasted President Donald Trump’s immigration ban. She’s also had to apologize for using homophobic slurs, and she’s previously been suspended by Twitter.
Musk, meanwhile, has been more erratic on Twitter lately. After a cave diver who helped save 12 trapped boys in Thailand criticized Musk’s offer to send a submarine to help, Musk responded by calling him a “pedo.” (Musk later apologized for that). He’s also developed flamethrowers that have been used in questionable ways by the public, and he made a number of bizarre comments during an earnings call earlier this year.
Banks spent early Tuesday posting content from fans and releasing snippets of new song “Elizabeth Bills,” which samples Jay-Z’s “So Ghetto.” She seems to have iced the Musk beef.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.