- A few of our favorite things on Newegg are on sale for Black Friday 1 Year Ago
- Disney adds ‘Bob’s Burgers’ movie back to release schedule after accidentally yanking it 1 Year Ago
- Ocasio-Cortez launches petition demanding Stephen Miller’s resignation Today 1:24 PM
- Prince Andrew’s defense against child sex crimes stokes conspiracy theory flames Today 1:20 PM
- More people may be looking to cancel Disney+ than Netflix Today 1:09 PM
- Monday Night Football: How to stream Chiefs vs. Chargers live Today 1:00 PM
- After days of deadly protests, Iran implements ‘largest internet shutdown ever’ Today 12:55 PM
- ‘Disney Plus and thrust’ is apparently the new Netflix and Chill Today 12:32 PM
- Woman fired, sued after coworker shared their sexts Today 12:22 PM
- Group running GoFundMe for border wall breaks ground without permits Today 11:47 AM
- Biden says he won’t support federal legalization of marijuana Today 11:42 AM
- People can’t get enough of ‘Baby Yoda’ Today 11:41 AM
- ‘The Crown’ season 3 switches its cast but loses none of its intrigue Today 11:23 AM
- Protesters occupying Hong Kong university post last wishes to Twitter as police move in Today 11:19 AM
- Sara Lee navigates dirty Instagram comments after ‘SNL’ sketch Today 11:18 AM
The always controversial Azealia Banks is now taking on a titan of the technology world.
In an Instagram Story she shared this week while apparently waiting for Grimes—Elon Musk’s girlfriend—to return to their house for a recording session, Banks said the Tesla CEO tweeted while on acid and that Musk and Grimes probably wanted “some weird threesome sex shit to begin with.”
But Musk says it’s impossible for Banks to suggest this, telling Gizmodo Monday afternoon that he has “never even met [Banks] or communicated with her in any way.” A Musk spokesperson also vehemently denied that he tweeted while under the influence of drugs.
Banks wrote on her Instagram story that she had been at their house “waiting for Grimes to show up and start these sessions. I have no idea when she is coming back. I’m going to wait one more day then I’m going to go home.”
In another Story on Monday, she wrote: “This trash ass beta male pig was given his start in life because his disgusting racist parents took advantage of thousands of black people.” She also called him a “libertarian shitbag.”
A message sent to Banks’ representation by the Daily Dot was not returned.
This certainly isn’t the first time Banks has been outspoken against other celebrities and musicians. She called Cardi B an “illiterate, untalented rat,” and she told Rihanna to “shut up and sit down” after Rihanna blasted President Donald Trump’s immigration ban. She’s also had to apologize for using homophobic slurs, and she’s previously been suspended by Twitter.
Musk, meanwhile, has been more erratic on Twitter lately. After a cave diver who helped save 12 trapped boys in Thailand criticized Musk’s offer to send a submarine to help, Musk responded by calling him a “pedo.” (Musk later apologized for that). He’s also developed flamethrowers that have been used in questionable ways by the public, and he made a number of bizarre comments during an earnings call earlier this year.
Banks spent early Tuesday posting content from fans and releasing snippets of new song “Elizabeth Bills,” which samples Jay-Z’s “So Ghetto.” She seems to have iced the Musk beef.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.