- A ‘Black Mirror’ spinoff mini-series is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America 9 Months Ago
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Today 3:27 PM
- QAnon believers link small-town arrest to deep state conspiracy without evidence Today 1:58 PM
- Instagram photos showing prison conditions spark massive protest Today 1:33 PM
- ‘Gay rat wedding’ headline sparks amazing new meme Today 1:03 PM
- ‘I read a gossip piece’ meme mocks Moby’s Instagram post Today 12:39 PM
- Rotten Tomatoes wants to see your ticket stub to leave a verified review Today 11:46 AM
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ movie delayed to 2020 to fix his look Today 11:39 AM
- ‘Swamp Thing’ gets off to a promising start, but can it tell a convincing love story? Today 11:34 AM
- ‘Falling on deaf ears’: ‘Queer Eye’ star sparks conversation about ableist idioms Today 11:15 AM
- Parents are spending thousands on YouTube camps that teach kids how to be famous Today 10:43 AM
- In season 2 of ‘She’s Gotta Have It,’ Spike Lee remains unapologetically himself Today 10:36 AM
- Trump selling Pride shirts is a grotesque insult to the LGBTQ community Today 10:27 AM
- Logan Paul is being mocked for pulling out of slapping competition Today 9:57 AM
- 47 House Democrats sign criticized net neutrality working group letter Today 9:17 AM
Azealia Banks had some interesting things to say about Elon Musk on Instagram
Manfred Werner/Wikimedia Commons (CC-BY-SA)
The always controversial Azealia Banks is now taking on a titan of the technology world.
In an Instagram Story she shared this week while apparently waiting for Grimes—Elon Musk’s girlfriend—to return to their house for a recording session, Banks said the Tesla CEO tweeted while on acid and that Musk and Grimes probably wanted “some weird threesome sex shit to begin with.”
But Musk says it’s impossible for Banks to suggest this, telling Gizmodo Monday afternoon that he has “never even met [Banks] or communicated with her in any way.” A Musk spokesperson also vehemently denied that he tweeted while under the influence of drugs.
Banks wrote on her Instagram story that she had been at their house “waiting for Grimes to show up and start these sessions. I have no idea when she is coming back. I’m going to wait one more day then I’m going to go home.”
In another Story on Monday, she wrote: “This trash ass beta male pig was given his start in life because his disgusting racist parents took advantage of thousands of black people.” She also called him a “libertarian shitbag.”
A message sent to Banks’ representation by the Daily Dot was not returned.
This certainly isn’t the first time Banks has been outspoken against other celebrities and musicians. She called Cardi B an “illiterate, untalented rat,” and she told Rihanna to “shut up and sit down” after Rihanna blasted President Donald Trump’s immigration ban. She’s also had to apologize for using homophobic slurs, and she’s previously been suspended by Twitter.
Musk, meanwhile, has been more erratic on Twitter lately. After a cave diver who helped save 12 trapped boys in Thailand criticized Musk’s offer to send a submarine to help, Musk responded by calling him a “pedo.” (Musk later apologized for that). He’s also developed flamethrowers that have been used in questionable ways by the public, and he made a number of bizarre comments during an earnings call earlier this year.
Banks spent early Tuesday posting content from fans and releasing snippets of new song “Elizabeth Bills,” which samples Jay-Z’s “So Ghetto.” She seems to have iced the Musk beef.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.