- Reddit Relationships: Man laughs at girlfriend for using Microsoft PowerPoint during sex Thursday 8:59 PM
- The 15 Brad Pitt movies you need to see now, ranked Thursday 8:26 PM
- Facebook could face legal action over the Area 51 event Thursday 6:50 PM
- How to stream Texans vs. Chargers in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 6:40 PM
- Tekashi 69 alleges Cardi B was a Bloods gang member Thursday 5:55 PM
- Right-wing sites falsely claimed group of Somalis attacked man in viral video Thursday 5:00 PM
- Big creators risk losing checkmarks amid YouTube verification purge Thursday 4:56 PM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Lions in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 4:52 PM
- How to stream Steelers vs. 49ers in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 4:10 PM
- How to stream Bills vs. Bengals in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 4:03 PM
- Colt halts production of AR-15s for civilians Thursday 3:45 PM
- If you love long-winded, hashtag-heavy Instagram captions, these apps can help Thursday 2:54 PM
- Teen girls on TikTok have convinced the internet that they eat their tampons Thursday 2:33 PM
- Twitch streamer faces criticism for trying to defend racist jokes Thursday 2:03 PM
- How to stream Raiders vs. Vikings in Week 3 Thursday 12:55 PM
The always controversial Azealia Banks is now taking on a titan of the technology world.
In an Instagram Story she shared this week while apparently waiting for Grimes—Elon Musk’s girlfriend—to return to their house for a recording session, Banks said the Tesla CEO tweeted while on acid and that Musk and Grimes probably wanted “some weird threesome sex shit to begin with.”
But Musk says it’s impossible for Banks to suggest this, telling Gizmodo Monday afternoon that he has “never even met [Banks] or communicated with her in any way.” A Musk spokesperson also vehemently denied that he tweeted while under the influence of drugs.
Banks wrote on her Instagram story that she had been at their house “waiting for Grimes to show up and start these sessions. I have no idea when she is coming back. I’m going to wait one more day then I’m going to go home.”
In another Story on Monday, she wrote: “This trash ass beta male pig was given his start in life because his disgusting racist parents took advantage of thousands of black people.” She also called him a “libertarian shitbag.”
A message sent to Banks’ representation by the Daily Dot was not returned.
This certainly isn’t the first time Banks has been outspoken against other celebrities and musicians. She called Cardi B an “illiterate, untalented rat,” and she told Rihanna to “shut up and sit down” after Rihanna blasted President Donald Trump’s immigration ban. She’s also had to apologize for using homophobic slurs, and she’s previously been suspended by Twitter.
Musk, meanwhile, has been more erratic on Twitter lately. After a cave diver who helped save 12 trapped boys in Thailand criticized Musk’s offer to send a submarine to help, Musk responded by calling him a “pedo.” (Musk later apologized for that). He’s also developed flamethrowers that have been used in questionable ways by the public, and he made a number of bizarre comments during an earnings call earlier this year.
Banks spent early Tuesday posting content from fans and releasing snippets of new song “Elizabeth Bills,” which samples Jay-Z’s “So Ghetto.” She seems to have iced the Musk beef.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.