- Instagram blocks some anti-vax hashtags—but still has far to go 7 Months Ago
- Study: Netflix released more originals than licensed titles last year Today 2:26 PM
- Laura Ingraham, Dinesh D’Souza slam journalist for having a job Today 1:40 PM
- Netflix is testing a cheap-as-hell mobile-only plan Today 1:08 PM
- Astrology app Co-Star’s bizarre push notifications are now a meme Today 12:18 PM
- ‘The Dirt’ offers a sanitized history of Mötley Crüe—but why? Today 11:42 AM
- ‘The Dirt’ director Jeff Tremaine on Mötley Crüe’s long, difficult road to Netflix Today 11:30 AM
- Here’s video of yet another alleged gunman looking for YouTuber Adam22 Today 11:09 AM
- 12 mugs that are absolutely purr-fect for cat enthusiasts Today 10:58 AM
- Jared Kushner used WhatsApp for official White House business Today 10:50 AM
- Unsettled Tom memes are on the rise Today 10:36 AM
- Trans student nominated for prom king told by administration to run for queen Today 10:07 AM
- Trump turns on his favorite cable news network Today 8:56 AM
- Skillshare is offering new users one month of premium for less than $1 Today 8:34 AM
- How to stream Bellator 218 for free Today 8:00 AM
Azealia Banks had some interesting things to say about Elon Musk on Instagram
Manfred Werner/Wikimedia Commons (CC-BY-SA)
The always controversial Azealia Banks is now taking on a titan of the technology world.
In an Instagram Story she shared this week while apparently waiting for Grimes—Elon Musk’s girlfriend—to return to their house for a recording session, Banks said the Tesla CEO tweeted while on acid and that Musk and Grimes probably wanted “some weird threesome sex shit to begin with.”
But Musk says it’s impossible for Banks to suggest this, telling Gizmodo Monday afternoon that he has “never even met [Banks] or communicated with her in any way.” A Musk spokesperson also vehemently denied that he tweeted while under the influence of drugs.
Banks wrote on her Instagram story that she had been at their house “waiting for Grimes to show up and start these sessions. I have no idea when she is coming back. I’m going to wait one more day then I’m going to go home.”
In another Story on Monday, she wrote: “This trash ass beta male pig was given his start in life because his disgusting racist parents took advantage of thousands of black people.” She also called him a “libertarian shitbag.”
A message sent to Banks’ representation by the Daily Dot was not returned.
This certainly isn’t the first time Banks has been outspoken against other celebrities and musicians. She called Cardi B an “illiterate, untalented rat,” and she told Rihanna to “shut up and sit down” after Rihanna blasted President Donald Trump’s immigration ban. She’s also had to apologize for using homophobic slurs, and she’s previously been suspended by Twitter.
Musk, meanwhile, has been more erratic on Twitter lately. After a cave diver who helped save 12 trapped boys in Thailand criticized Musk’s offer to send a submarine to help, Musk responded by calling him a “pedo.” (Musk later apologized for that). He’s also developed flamethrowers that have been used in questionable ways by the public, and he made a number of bizarre comments during an earnings call earlier this year.
Banks spent early Tuesday posting content from fans and releasing snippets of new song “Elizabeth Bills,” which samples Jay-Z’s “So Ghetto.” She seems to have iced the Musk beef.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.