- Sebastian Gorka blocks pundit over Fleshlight joke Today 1:56 AM
- Woman slammed for trying to put UPS driver on blast Sunday 5:23 PM
- Twitter users are sharing which celebrities have blocked them Sunday 4:43 PM
- Conspiracy theorists are already taking advantage of Kobe Bryant’s death Sunday 4:14 PM
- Adam Driver returns to ‘SNL’ as Kylo Ren to reprise role in ‘Undercover Boss’ parody Sunday 3:46 PM
- White men are raging over ‘SNL’s’ white male rage skit Sunday 3:05 PM
- Kobe Bryant dead at 41 Sunday 2:24 PM
- Pete Buttigieg mocked over ‘staged’ walking photo Sunday 12:22 PM
- Louise Linton deletes pro-Greta Thunberg Instagram post Sunday 10:58 AM
- ‘Crip Camp’ shows how a radical summer camp was monumental to the disability rights movement Sunday 9:08 AM
- How to live stream the 2020 Grammy Awards Sunday 7:00 AM
- Technology created deepfakes—does it have a way to stop them, too? Sunday 6:30 AM
- SESTA-FOSTA is ‘detrimental’ to sex workers’ safety, study confirms Sunday 6:00 AM
- Jeff Bezos’ girlfriend allegedly sent his nudes to her brother, who then leaked them Saturday 6:38 PM
- This Instagram account catches influencers in the wild Saturday 5:42 PM
Former vegan social media influencer Alyse Parker is experiencing a harsh backlash from followers after she announced that she followed the “carnivore diet” for 30 days—a plan that entails only eating animal products.
View this post on Instagram
By this point, you probably know that I looove trying new things, running little experiments, and diving into challenges of all sorts. Some of the experiments I have run in the past...👩🏼🔬 - 30 days without shampoo - 1 year without deodorant - 21 days of only fruit juice - 30 days without social media - 3 YEARS of not shaving my armpits, not wearing makeup, not using heat on my hair.. Etc. etc. you get da point 👌🏽 Yehhh — some may call me crazy.. 🤪 But I’m a firm believer in experiencing things first hand + getting a real feel for what something is all about before I form a personal opinion on it.🤓😉 The Carnivore Diet first came into my awareness when a close friend shared with me all of the benefits that he was experiencing by eating this way. Coming from being vegan 4.5 years, I was hellla resistant to the concept of eating ONLY animal foods (aka only meat, seafood, + eggs) I didn’t make ANY sense to me. It actually sounded pretty f*cking ridiculous. 😂 But oddly enough, I started to hear story after story from my fellow vegan friends jumping ship, testing out the carnivore diet and experiencing amazing health transformations. I was so confused.🤨🤔 But I had my own fair share of health struggles and eventually reached a breaking point where I was willing to try anything to function properly again. With an online community of 800,000 people ~ many of which were primarily showing up for my vegan related content... I was a bit conflicted to say the least. But I knew I needed to make decisions based on what was in the best interest for my health. I swallowed my pride + decided I’d give it a shot. Full onnn carnivore. I woke up the next morning feeling more mentally clear, focused, wholesome, and healthy than I had felt in years. God bless. But also, WTF? My vegan identity crumbled immediately. This past year of my life has been a journey of remembering who I am separate from what I eat. 🤯 In hopes of challenging others to step out of their current perspective ~ I documented my newest challenge of eating only meat for 30 days. Video launches next week. Who’s ready? Comment 🌈 below!
A post shared by ALYSE PARKER ⚡️ (@alyseparkerr) on
Parker—who has more than 200,000 Instagram followers—has grown her social media and YouTube following by sharing her eating and exercise tips.
“I’m a firm believer in experiencing things first hand and getting a real feel for what something is all about before I form a personal opinion on it,” she wrote on Instagram. “The carnivore diet first came into my awareness when a close friend shared with me all of the benefits that he was experiencing by eating this way.”
But fans were both disappointed and infuriated at Parker’s decision to switch to a meat-based diet.
“At this point we are all just watching in awe of the contradictions you make every. single. video,” one YouTube commenter wrote, per Plant Based News.
Ex-vegans like alyse parker make me so mad! She’s such a hypocrite, she started eating animal products duo to her health and she felt bad for doing it so but now she’s posing with giant pieces of flesh smiling and doing a carnivore diet? THE FUCK. People who end up like this were— ♡ (@VAMPlREHEART) November 9, 2019
NEVER vegan. also the fact that she promotes it makes me even more furious. ITS CRUEL AND UNHEALTHY AF— ♡ (@VAMPlREHEART) November 9, 2019
Alyse Parker is such a joke lol— emma ❁ (@beeanbagg) December 5, 2019
Parker’s video shows footage of her eating various animal products over a 30-day span. She said the change from her usual vegan diet didn’t shock her system too much since she’s been incorporating more animal products into her diet over the past year.
In a final blow to her vegan following, Parker said the carnivore diet was better for her digestive system. She added that she lost weight over the 30-day span and felt “mentally clear.”
“I’m not going to continue with this 100 percent,” she said. “But I did notice enough benefits eating this way to want to continue to eat mostly animal foods.”
- Man refuses to eat a meat-free meal prepared by his vegan wife
- Vegan reports friends who fed her real chicken nuggets to police
- Man secretly fed his vegan girlfriend dairy to see if she was lying about acne
H/T Daily Mail
Alexandra Samuels is a political reporter at the Texas Tribune and contributor to the Daily Dot, where she started as an intern covering politics in the summer of 2016. She enjoys Marvel movies, baking, and reading murder-mystery novels.