- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Today 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Today 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Today 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Today 12:40 PM
- How to stream Jets vs. Patriots in Week 3 Today 12:39 PM
- 10 indie dating simulator games you should be playing Today 12:31 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Broncos in Week 3 Today 12:14 PM
- Saudi crown prince’s former adviser suspended from Twitter Today 11:57 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Dolphins in Week 3 Today 11:57 AM
- YouTuber to pay restitution after a teen fan died copying her video Today 10:36 AM
- Antonio Brown sent ‘intimidating’ texts to an accuser, including a pic of her children Today 9:38 AM
- Facebook suspended tens of thousands of apps after Cambridge Analytica scandal Today 8:24 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Rams on Sunday Night Football Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘NFL Primetime’ on ESPN+ Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
He wrote that his girlfriend of three years went vegan for health reasons, including that she gets acne from dairy products. He figured this couldn’t be true and that her teenage acne just lingered longer than normal.
“I thought I would prove to her that the whole ‘dairy gives me acne’ thing is in her head,” he wrote.
Now that the couple is living together, and she does all the cooking, he also eats a vegan diet. One of his tipping points was not being able to eat weenie mac and cheese.
“She’s a great cook but sometimes a man just needs some mac and cheese with cut up hot dogs,” he wrote.
Kitchenninja111 told his fellow redditors that he was unsuccessful in his attempt to catch his girlfriend lying. He initially planned to prove her wrong and then come clean.
“I was gonna do a big reveal, like ‘Surprise! You can eat whatever you want!’” he wrote.
But surprise! His girlfriend broke out, exactly like she said she would.
“It is BAD. Like insects about to hatch out of her face bad,” he wrote of her boyfriend-induced acne. He now plans to “quietly” throw the dairy out so her skin can “go back to normal.”
“I feel bad but on the other hand I was doing it for her own good!” he wrote.
One redditor replied that he should have just done his own cooking.
“I‘m living vegan too, my boyfriend doesn‘t and he is cooking his own food,” the user said. “I would definitely dump someone who betrayed me in that way.”
Others informed him that he could have made a longtime vegan sick by abruptly changing her diet. He was called a “monster” and abusive, with many saying that they would dump their own partner if they did something like this. The general consensus was that he needs to come clean to his girlfriend.
But replying to someone in the thread, the redditor wrote that despite the backlash he is still not going to tell her.
“I’m taking it to my grave,” he wrote.
The Daily Dot has reached out to kitchenninja111.
- Redditor seeks advice after throwing out her boyfriend’s massive yogurt collection
- How Reddit’s childfree community took a toxic turn from empowerment to parent shaming
- Reddit wants you to help make a crowdsourced GIF movie
Eilish O'Sullivan is an editorial intern for the Daily Dot studying journalism and government at the University of Texas at Austin. Her work has appeared in the Austin Chronicle and the Daily Texan.