- ‘The Mandalorian’ opens up its mythology even further in ‘Chapter 2’ 6 Months Ago
- Want to buy a drone on a budget? We’ve got you covered 6 Months Ago
- ‘Simpsons’ writer accuses Republicans of stealing Sideshow Bob’s defense 6 Months Ago
- Keanu Reeves’ appearance in ‘SpongeBob Movie’ trailer quickly becomes a meme 6 Months Ago
- Charli XCX makes the band in Netflix’s ‘Nasty Cherry’ 6 Months Ago
- Taylor Swift’s distress call reignites fight with Scooter Braun and former label Today 12:16 PM
- How to disable autoplay for previews and trailers on Disney+ Today 12:10 PM
- Trump accused of witness intimidation for tweets during impeachment hearing Today 11:48 AM
- Roger Stone convicted Today 11:34 AM
- FCC to replace comment system that got spammed during net neutrality fight Today 11:31 AM
- How to stream Mexico vs. Panama live in Concacaf Nations League Today 11:05 AM
- How to stream U.S. vs. Canada live in the Concacaf Nations League rematch Today 10:52 AM
- Dave Rubin freaks out over hoax that he didn’t eat this steak Today 10:37 AM
- 20 ugly sweaters that’ll make your spirits bright Today 10:32 AM
- A beginner’s guide to Mandalorians in the ‘Star Wars’ universe Today 10:02 AM
He wrote that his girlfriend of three years went vegan for health reasons, including that she gets acne from dairy products. He figured this couldn’t be true and that her teenage acne just lingered longer than normal.
“I thought I would prove to her that the whole ‘dairy gives me acne’ thing is in her head,” he wrote.
Now that the couple is living together, and she does all the cooking, he also eats a vegan diet. One of his tipping points was not being able to eat weenie mac and cheese.
“She’s a great cook but sometimes a man just needs some mac and cheese with cut up hot dogs,” he wrote.
Kitchenninja111 told his fellow redditors that he was unsuccessful in his attempt to catch his girlfriend lying. He initially planned to prove her wrong and then come clean.
“I was gonna do a big reveal, like ‘Surprise! You can eat whatever you want!’” he wrote.
But surprise! His girlfriend broke out, exactly like she said she would.
“It is BAD. Like insects about to hatch out of her face bad,” he wrote of her boyfriend-induced acne. He now plans to “quietly” throw the dairy out so her skin can “go back to normal.”
“I feel bad but on the other hand I was doing it for her own good!” he wrote.
One redditor replied that he should have just done his own cooking.
“I‘m living vegan too, my boyfriend doesn‘t and he is cooking his own food,” the user said. “I would definitely dump someone who betrayed me in that way.”
Others informed him that he could have made a longtime vegan sick by abruptly changing her diet. He was called a “monster” and abusive, with many saying that they would dump their own partner if they did something like this. The general consensus was that he needs to come clean to his girlfriend.
But replying to someone in the thread, the redditor wrote that despite the backlash he is still not going to tell her.
“I’m taking it to my grave,” he wrote.
The Daily Dot has reached out to kitchenninja111.
- Redditor seeks advice after throwing out her boyfriend’s massive yogurt collection
- How Reddit’s childfree community took a toxic turn from empowerment to parent shaming
- Reddit wants you to help make a crowdsourced GIF movie
Eilish O'Sullivan is an editorial intern for the Daily Dot studying journalism and government at the University of Texas at Austin. Her work has appeared in the Austin Chronicle and the Daily Texan.