- Game developer Chucklefish accused of whitewashing characters of color Monday 5:22 PM
- Apple TV’s ‘Hala’ is a silent explosion of a coming-of-age film Monday 5:20 PM
- This new video game apparently lets you play Jesus Monday 4:02 PM
- Golden toilet creator sells world’s most expensive banana—only for another artist to eat it Monday 3:24 PM
- This new Chinese video game lets players attack Hong Kong protesters Monday 3:05 PM
- These TikTok videos that recreate NPC interactions from Skyrim are honestly incredible Monday 2:40 PM
- John Legend defends pro-consent ‘Baby It’s Cold Outside’ lyrics Monday 2:38 PM
- Video shows UC Berkeley student using racial slurs, making homophobic comments Monday 2:36 PM
- New video reveals Brother Nature instigated sandwich shop fight Monday 2:06 PM
- Lizzo’s thong dress breaks the internet Monday 1:25 PM
- Pixel Buds 2 or Apple AirPods 2: Which are right for you? Monday 1:09 PM
- It’s 2019: Make your holiday cards online, for free this year Monday 12:47 PM
- Fighting over the ‘Marriage Story’ fight scene becomes a meme Monday 12:41 PM
- ‘Trump is innocent!’: InfoWars correspondent interrupts impeachment hearing Monday 12:12 PM
- Video shows runner smacking reporter’s butt on live TV Monday 11:46 AM
The rapid demand for spiked seltzer White Claw has plummeted the drink into a national shortage. One lingerie company is attempting to provide for the masses with a White Claw-inspired Halloween costume.
Yandy is hopping on the hard seltzer trend with its new “Hard Outlaw” costume. The two-piece outfit contains a take on the White Claw logo, along with the words, “Outlaw Party Hard” printed across its top.
“Be the sweetest seltzer on the shelf and sip away your Saturday in this thirst-quenching exclusive Hard Outlaw costume,” the costume description reads.
A Yandy spokesperson told the Daily Dot that they recommend styling the costume with neon fishnets “as the perfect way to ‘flavor’ to your look.”
“It didn’t take much convincing at all to know this was a great exclusive for 2019,” the spokesperson said. “We create things and have to hope that the public will get behind the sexy spin or pun. We’re thrilled that everyone loves this costume as much as we do.”
Of course, Twitter saw this coming. “How many white girls are gonna dress as White Claws for Halloween and post ‘Ain’t No Laws’ on Instagram? Let’s take bets,” Twitter user @lexfix wrote.
White Claw enthusiasts can buy the costume for $54.95. Although one customer gave the outfit just two stars. “Top fits tight looks good but bottoms no matter pulled up tight or loose looks like a diaper and has extra slack in the crack,” Aja W. wrote.
Yandy sold out of the costume within a week of its release (the costume is back in stock), the spokesperson told the Daily Dot.
“Just as the nation is facing a #darty threatening shortage of spiked seltzer, Yandy is also feeling the impact of the sudden success of the YANDY HARD OUTLAW costume,” the spokesperson said.
So it seems there’s going to be just as many White Claws walking around as there are in the hands of partygoers come Oct. 31.
- What is White Claw—and why is the beverage inspiring memes?
- This Four Loko hard seltzer is basically a meme in a can
- Meme shows Bill Hader dancing perfectly in time to any song
H/T Business Insider
Libby Cohen is a third-year University of Texas student originally from New Jersey. She has written for ORANGE Magazine, the Daily Texan, and most recently interned for 1010 WINS in NYC. She's now back in Austin writing for the Texas Standard and the Daily Dot.