- 2 Proud Boys sentenced to 4 years in prison for attacking antifa protesters Tuesday 7:20 PM
- Paul Joseph Watson is very upset by bartender serving beer with her butt Tuesday 6:24 PM
- Twitter developing a policy to combat deepfakes Tuesday 5:28 PM
- The Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal bout at UFC 244 is perfect for NYC and its fight mecca Tuesday 5:27 PM
- Alexis Bledel named most dangerous online celebrity Tuesday 5:02 PM
- Kylie Jenner trademarks ‘rise and shine’ after meme success Tuesday 4:50 PM
- ‘Watchmen’ website expands what you know about its alt-history Tuesday 4:31 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 8: Mark Walton szn Tuesday 4:26 PM
- Venmo’s first-ever credit card to launch in 2020 Tuesday 3:46 PM
- Wet Kylo Ren may turn everyone to the dark side Tuesday 3:15 PM
- Man allegedly targeted trans women on dating app, robbed them at knifepoint Tuesday 3:02 PM
- Researchers expose how Amazon Echo and Google Home can steal passwords Tuesday 2:47 PM
- Facebook removing Instagram Story filters that mimic plastic surgery Tuesday 2:16 PM
- Mom solves ‘ghost baby’ image mystery after viral post Tuesday 1:23 PM
- Elon Musk tweeted ‘through space’ Tuesday 1:16 PM
The rapid demand for spiked seltzer White Claw has plummeted the drink into a national shortage. One lingerie company is attempting to provide for the masses with a White Claw-inspired Halloween costume.
Yandy is hopping on the hard seltzer trend with its new “Hard Outlaw” costume. The two-piece outfit contains a take on the White Claw logo, along with the words, “Outlaw Party Hard” printed across its top.
“Be the sweetest seltzer on the shelf and sip away your Saturday in this thirst-quenching exclusive Hard Outlaw costume,” the costume description reads.
A Yandy spokesperson told the Daily Dot that they recommend styling the costume with neon fishnets “as the perfect way to ‘flavor’ to your look.”
“It didn’t take much convincing at all to know this was a great exclusive for 2019,” the spokesperson said. “We create things and have to hope that the public will get behind the sexy spin or pun. We’re thrilled that everyone loves this costume as much as we do.”
Of course, Twitter saw this coming. “How many white girls are gonna dress as White Claws for Halloween and post ‘Ain’t No Laws’ on Instagram? Let’s take bets,” Twitter user @lexfix wrote.
White Claw enthusiasts can buy the costume for $54.95. Although one customer gave the outfit just two stars. “Top fits tight looks good but bottoms no matter pulled up tight or loose looks like a diaper and has extra slack in the crack,” Aja W. wrote.
Yandy sold out of the costume within a week of its release (the costume is back in stock), the spokesperson told the Daily Dot.
“Just as the nation is facing a #darty threatening shortage of spiked seltzer, Yandy is also feeling the impact of the sudden success of the YANDY HARD OUTLAW costume,” the spokesperson said.
So it seems there’s going to be just as many White Claws walking around as there are in the hands of partygoers come Oct. 31.
- What is White Claw—and why is the beverage inspiring memes?
- This Four Loko hard seltzer is basically a meme in a can
- Meme shows Bill Hader dancing perfectly in time to any song
H/T Business Insider
Libby Cohen is a third-year University of Texas student originally from New Jersey. She has written for ORANGE Magazine, the Daily Texan, and most recently interned for 1010 WINS in NYC. She's now back in Austin writing for the Texas Standard and the Daily Dot.