- Man allegedly kills girlfriend, then pretends to be her on Facebook Sunday 4:29 PM
- Trevor Lawrence met TikTok teen who looks just like him Sunday 3:48 PM
- Trump’s hospital visit spawns conspiracy theories Sunday 2:49 PM
- ‘SNL’ skit combines Harry Styles, the Popeyes chicken sandwich, and Disney+ Sunday 2:02 PM
- Doctored photo of GOP congresswoman flipping the bird fools critics Sunday 1:05 PM
- Internet scammers taking advantage of Narwhal the ‘unicorn’ rescue puppy Sunday 12:19 PM
- Sunday Night Football: How to stream Bears vs. Rams live Sunday 12:00 PM
- CupcakKe’s month-long ‘water fast’ has fans concerned Sunday 11:24 AM
- Will.i.am claims ‘racist’ flight attendant called police on him Sunday 10:28 AM
- How does Disney+ compare to Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max, and Apple TV+? Sunday 9:35 AM
- How to stream Patriots vs. Eagles live Sunday 9:30 AM
- Girl turns herself into ‘pleading face’ emoji Sunday 9:27 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Lions live Sunday 9:00 AM
- Chaotic good, true neutral: The 2020 Democrat alignment chart Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Mexico vs. Brazil live in the U-17 World Cup final Sunday 3:00 AM
If you have a Facebook or Twitter account, you’ve probably spent more time than you care to admit picking out your header image. If your profile picture is the face you show to the world, your header image is the front of your house. It’s the first thing people see when they come over to visit. You want to tell the world what you’re all about in one single image. Oh, and it has to be the right dimensions.
Recently, people have taken to Twitter to complain, either in earnest or tongue-in-cheek, about how their perfect header image won’t fit. While Facebook uses a slight boxier 820 x 312-pixel header size, Twitter uses a slimmer 1500 x 500, a ratio that apparently chops off heads like the proletariate during the French Revolution.
This won't fit as my header smh pic.twitter.com/SC2v4kChPb— Islanders👏are👏 winning👏the👏cup👏 (@brenb1120) September 25, 2019
Why can’t I fit the Champions League finalists in my header pic.twitter.com/9dYtx2LFZc— Lewis Cox (@1ewis_cox) September 25, 2019
Man, it’s a pity I can’t fit the entirety of Team RWBY as my Twitter header pic.twitter.com/3bSQD8Cbl9— Cynga(P) (@cyngapra) September 23, 2019
Trying to fit Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo in my header pic.twitter.com/sfXJhQahDV— . (@myhumbleproject) September 25, 2019
Wish i could fit all our PL trophies in my header 😢 pic.twitter.com/0lcqCn8ZWC— J 5 (@CfcJorgi) September 25, 2019
Damn I can’t fit the best NBA duo of all time in my header pic.twitter.com/3JndOoKtzJ— Gagan Samra (@GaganSamra610) September 25, 2019
i just want this photo to fit my header 🙁 pic.twitter.com/MaFeS20Dk4— loving mina (@myouimina) September 24, 2019
Even a single person can be difficult sometimes.
Ugh, can't fit this picture of the greatest guitar player in my header😫 pic.twitter.com/Ti02EmdFDm— Club Red (@UMClubRed) September 25, 2019
can't fit the best centre-back in world football right now as my header 😭😭 pic.twitter.com/KWygePagQp— ωαнғυz 🌨️ (@thfcmahfuz) September 25, 2019
trying to fit taylor in my header but i cant figure out how.... pic.twitter.com/tuURs9w3YC— Music News Facts (@cleandaylight) September 25, 2019
And, as multiple people pointed out, it gets even harder when you try to be really inclusive.
guys i cant fit my world in my header :(( pic.twitter.com/27v57W9rKB— C✨ (@dahyunsblink) September 25, 2019
i can't figure out how to fit this in my header how do i- pic.twitter.com/Kj9cG6O6P5— reese | d-18 (@yeongwonhichil) September 25, 2019
mannn all i ever wanted was to fit my world in my header pic.twitter.com/fcuW27dSCp— evince panda (selling methods) (@bltraz) September 25, 2019
The ratio is so restrictive that there are even some concepts that won’t fit.
i just want my feelings to fit in my header pic.twitter.com/fbDTAspsTJ— Clarion (@clarionogy) September 25, 2019
I’m trying to fit the best era of hollyoaks on my header but it won’t fit 🙁 pic.twitter.com/Z6VH2GYXHg— liv (@hcllyoaks) September 25, 2019
i can't fit my love on my header 🙁 pic.twitter.com/XtlFeJkjXY— (*≧∀≦*) (@kyspa93s) September 24, 2019
It’s a rough world out there on social media, but it’s important to count your blessings. At least the profile picture is round.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.