- Let’s take a look at Captain Pike’s Starfleet service record in ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ 2 Years Ago
- How to watch Demetrius Andrade vs. Artur Akavov for free Today 7:00 AM
- Ariana Grande’s new single ‘7 Rings’ has Twitter feeling broke Today 6:30 AM
- The end of an era: RIP, Critique My Dick Pic Today 6:30 AM
- Mastodon is crumbling—and many blame its creator Today 6:00 AM
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ hints at Spock’s new role in the season 2 premiere Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Rachel Maddow’ online for free Today 5:30 AM
- Guy who wants to fund the border wall has privately raised $7 million Thursday 8:41 PM
- Mortal Kombat 11 trailer delights fans with gory fatalities, new characters Thursday 5:46 PM
- What you need to know about the data breach involving 773 email addresses Thursday 5:13 PM
- Senators fear government shutdown may affect FTC investigation of Facebook Thursday 3:43 PM
- Buy beer for a furloughed government worker with this new website Thursday 3:19 PM
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is teaching Congress how to tweet Thursday 2:42 PM
- Congressmen held genetics meeting with Chuck Johnson, despite his past racist claims about genetics Thursday 2:26 PM
- Female bodyguard thriller ‘Close’ is disappointingly un-thrilling Thursday 2:01 PM
Trump loves babies. Just kidding! Get ’em outta here!
Trump was speaking at a rally in Ashburn, Virginia, on Tuesday when he interrupted a rant about Chinese banks to acknowledge a crying baby in the audience. At first he seemed sympathetic to the mother of the loud child, but he soon revealed that he was being sarcastic, and actually hates it when rude babies cry while he’s trying to talk. Then he told her she could take her baby away.
I am not joking. This is a thing a major presidential candidate actually said and did. Here’s the transcript:
And ABC News has the video of this very actual event in American politics.
Donald Trump is a person American voters have the option of electing to run the country’s executive branch, putting him in charge of the world’s largest military and giving him the power to nominate Supreme Court justices.
Also at his Tuesday rally, a young boy reportedly yelled, “Take that bitch down!” in reference to Trump’s opponent, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
A little kid is yelling “Take the bitch down!” when Trump mentions Hillary Clinton. A little kid. No more than 10, I would say.
— Sopan Deb (@SopanDeb) August 2, 2016
There are 97 days left in this election cycle.
Jay Hathaway is a former senior writer who specialized in internet memes and weird online culture. He previously served as the Daily Dot’s news editor, was a staff writer at Gawker, and edited the classic websites Urlesque and Download Squad. His work has also appeared on nymag.com, suicidegirls.com, and the Morning News.