- Christina Hendricks reveals she was the hand model for ‘American Beauty’ 3 Years Ago
- Why can’t independent feminist websites stay afloat? 3 Years Ago
- Far-right troll Jacob Wohl scammed a Trump fan out of $25,000 Today 7:54 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Buccaneers in key preseason action Today 7:02 AM
- Harness the power of sun: The best solar-powered phone charges Today 6:00 AM
- Majority of threats made since El Paso and Dayton shootings have been made online Thursday 8:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus tweets about cheating allegations and penis cake drama Thursday 6:32 PM
- ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ dazzles with a timely tale Thursday 6:00 PM
- The DOJ emailed a white nationalist blog post to immigration judges Thursday 5:31 PM
- The Amazon rainforest is on fire–and people are using memes to cope Thursday 4:11 PM
- Microsoft contractors listened in on Xbox users Thursday 2:15 PM
- Anti-vaxxer assaults pro-vaccine lawmaker on Facebook Live (updated) Thursday 2:15 PM
- Oreos licked by singer Lewis Capaldi are being auctioned off on eBay Thursday 1:54 PM
- Zach Braff predicted Sean Spicer would be on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ 2 years ago Thursday 1:38 PM
- NYPD sergeant who watched Eric Garner die punished with lost vacation days Thursday 1:27 PM
Trump was speaking at a rally in Ashburn, Virginia, on Tuesday when he interrupted a rant about Chinese banks to acknowledge a crying baby in the audience. At first he seemed sympathetic to the mother of the loud child, but he soon revealed that he was being sarcastic, and actually hates it when rude babies cry while he’s trying to talk. Then he told her she could take her baby away.
I am not joking. This is a thing a major presidential candidate actually said and did. Here’s the transcript:
And ABC News has the video of this very actual event in American politics.
Donald Trump is a person American voters have the option of electing to run the country’s executive branch, putting him in charge of the world’s largest military and giving him the power to nominate Supreme Court justices.
Also at his Tuesday rally, a young boy reportedly yelled, “Take that bitch down!” in reference to Trump’s opponent, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
A little kid is yelling “Take the bitch down!” when Trump mentions Hillary Clinton. A little kid. No more than 10, I would say.
— Sopan Deb (@SopanDeb) August 2, 2016
There are 97 days left in this election cycle.
Jay Hathaway is a former senior writer who specialized in internet memes and weird online culture. He previously served as the Daily Dot’s news editor, was a staff writer at Gawker, and edited the classic websites Urlesque and Download Squad. His work has also appeared on nymag.com, suicidegirls.com, and the Morning News.