- Facing criticism for eating fish, vegan YouTube star Rawvana speaks out 3 Years Ago
- Arnold Schwarzenegger chases mini-pony in new TikTok video Today 9:19 AM
- Review: ‘Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice’ is a cut above the rest Today 8:00 AM
- Where do 2020 Democratic candidates stand on healthcare? Today 7:30 AM
- How to (legally) stream live TV on Kodi Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Delhi Crime’ tackles inequality and women’s rights Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 STP 500 at Martinsville Speedway for free Today 6:00 AM
- These high school theater kids put on a totally awesome ‘Alien’ play Saturday 3:59 PM
- Behold these photos of Elon Musk, but with Elizabeth Holmes’ eyes Saturday 3:11 PM
- Barbra Streisand gets ‘canceled’ over remarks about Michael Jackson’s alleged victims Saturday 2:09 PM
- Report: Florida man raped Texas teen after posing as Instagram celeb Saturday 12:14 PM
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever Saturday 11:46 AM
- ‘Starfish’ is a heartbreaking tale of BFFs, grief, and apocalyptic alien invasions Saturday 10:35 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 148 for free Saturday 10:00 AM
- The kids are making scantron memes instead of studying Saturday 9:29 AM
Trump loves babies. Just kidding! Get ’em outta here!
Trump was speaking at a rally in Ashburn, Virginia, on Tuesday when he interrupted a rant about Chinese banks to acknowledge a crying baby in the audience. At first he seemed sympathetic to the mother of the loud child, but he soon revealed that he was being sarcastic, and actually hates it when rude babies cry while he’s trying to talk. Then he told her she could take her baby away.
I am not joking. This is a thing a major presidential candidate actually said and did. Here’s the transcript:
And ABC News has the video of this very actual event in American politics.
Donald Trump is a person American voters have the option of electing to run the country’s executive branch, putting him in charge of the world’s largest military and giving him the power to nominate Supreme Court justices.
Also at his Tuesday rally, a young boy reportedly yelled, “Take that bitch down!” in reference to Trump’s opponent, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
A little kid is yelling “Take the bitch down!” when Trump mentions Hillary Clinton. A little kid. No more than 10, I would say.
— Sopan Deb (@SopanDeb) August 2, 2016
There are 97 days left in this election cycle.
Jay Hathaway is a former senior writer who specialized in internet memes and weird online culture. He previously served as the Daily Dot’s news editor, was a staff writer at Gawker, and edited the classic websites Urlesque and Download Squad. His work has also appeared on nymag.com, suicidegirls.com, and the Morning News.