- Game developer Chucklefish accused of whitewashing characters of color Monday 5:22 PM
- Apple TV’s ‘Hala’ is a silent explosion of a coming-of-age film Monday 5:20 PM
- This new video game apparently lets you play Jesus Monday 4:02 PM
- Golden toilet creator sells world’s most expensive banana—only for another artist to eat it Monday 3:24 PM
- This new Chinese video game lets players attack Hong Kong protesters Monday 3:05 PM
- These TikTok videos that recreate NPC interactions from Skyrim are honestly incredible Monday 2:40 PM
- John Legend defends pro-consent ‘Baby It’s Cold Outside’ lyrics Monday 2:38 PM
- Video shows UC Berkeley student using racial slurs, making homophobic comments Monday 2:36 PM
- New video reveals Brother Nature instigated sandwich shop fight Monday 2:06 PM
- Lizzo’s thong dress breaks the internet Monday 1:25 PM
- Pixel Buds 2 or Apple AirPods 2: Which are right for you? Monday 1:09 PM
- It’s 2019: Make your holiday cards online, for free this year Monday 12:47 PM
- Fighting over the ‘Marriage Story’ fight scene becomes a meme Monday 12:41 PM
- ‘Trump is innocent!’: InfoWars correspondent interrupts impeachment hearing Monday 12:12 PM
- Video shows runner smacking reporter’s butt on live TV Monday 11:46 AM
Caroline Majcher, an 18-year-old TikToker from Toronto, has convinced the internet that girls are eating their used tampons.
“Guys are so clueless,” Majcher says in a suddenly viral video. “So today I was talking about periods with my guy friends and just explaining some stuff to them, and they had no idea that girls eat their tampon after they’re done with it to reabsorb all the blood that they just lost.”
The video quickly took off on the social media platform and now has over 350,000 likes and 10,000 comments.
“I thought I could probably make up a lie about girls and any boy would believe it,” Majcher told BuzzFeed.
According to BuzzFeed, other girls quickly jumped in to continue the hoax by commenting on Majcher’s video and posting their own videos showing their boyfriends and male friends reacting to the video.
“How else would we reabsorb the blood,” user @sofiastrash wrote.
The hoax eventually made its way to Twitter, where users started sharing their favorite used tampon “recipes.”
“Y’all out here eating tampons when its supposed to be used as a teabag u fucking losers,” user @jiwoolesbian wrote.
yall out here eating tampons when its supposed to be used as a teabag u fucking losers— ًkay (@jiwoolesbian) September 18, 2019
The continued joke had both girls and guys wondering if people were actually eating used tampons.
“The gag about girls eating their used tampons have been going on for so long that I’m starting to genuinely wonder if they do,” user @Fake_Aeon_Air said.
The gag about girls eating their used tampons have been going on for so long that I'm starting to genuinely wonder if they do— aeon🖤 (@Fake_Aeon_Air) September 18, 2019
“Ok this whole eating tampons thing on tiktok is making me lose my mind at first, it was a rly funny joke on the guys but then everyone started to sound serious and iM SCARED i’m gonna sound stupid for even asking this buT DO U AMERICANS RLY EAT UR MF TAMPONS?????” user @mangoesandbeans asked.
ok this whole eating tampons thing on tiktok is making me lose my mind— chelsea ¯(°_o)/¯ (@mangoesandbeans) September 18, 2019
at first, it was a rly funny joke on the guys but then everyone started to sound serious and iM SCARED
i'm gonna sound stupid for even asking this buT DO U AMERICANS RLY EAT UR MF TAMPONS?????
Majcher didn’t immediately respond to our request for comment.
- PewDiePie donates $50,000 to the Anti-Defamation League—and then changes his mind (updated)
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback
- People are gluing their upper lips on TikTok
H/T Buzzfeed News
Collyn Burke is a senior journalism student at the University of Texas at Austin interning for the Daily Dot's editorial team and Two Girls One Podcast. Her work has previously appeared in the Daily Texan and the Texas Observer.