- Man dragged for recording, posting video of neighbor being ‘killed’ instead of helping Today 4:14 PM
- How to stream Saints vs. Bears in Week 7 Today 3:25 PM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Ravens in Week 7 Today 3:25 PM
- Are TikTok teens throwing up gang signs in their videos? Today 2:45 PM
- Anti-impeachment protesters believe ‘deep state’ tried to sabotage rally Today 12:51 PM
- How to stream 49ers vs. Redskins in Week 7 Today 12:00 PM
- How to stream Cardinals vs. Giants in Week 7 Today 12:00 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Raiders in Week 7 Today 12:00 PM
- How to stream Vikings vs. Lions in Week 7 Today 12:00 PM
- How to stream Rams vs. Falcons in Week 7 Today 12:00 PM
- Billie Eilish fans think they figured out who stole her ring Today 11:32 AM
- ‘Give me candy’: Hailey Bieber mocked for defense of celebrating Halloween as a Christian Today 10:28 AM
- Aaron Paul predicted Jesse Pinkman’s fate on Reddit years ago Today 8:53 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Eli’ is a satisfyingly nasty blend of haunted houses and medical horror Today 7:00 AM
- Why 8chan’s founder is fighting to keep the infamous message board dead Today 6:30 AM
Caroline Majcher, an 18-year-old TikToker from Toronto, has convinced the internet that girls are eating their used tampons.
“Guys are so clueless,” Majcher says in a suddenly viral video. “So today I was talking about periods with my guy friends and just explaining some stuff to them, and they had no idea that girls eat their tampon after they’re done with it to reabsorb all the blood that they just lost.”
The video quickly took off on the social media platform and now has over 350,000 likes and 10,000 comments.
“I thought I could probably make up a lie about girls and any boy would believe it,” Majcher told BuzzFeed.
According to BuzzFeed, other girls quickly jumped in to continue the hoax by commenting on Majcher’s video and posting their own videos showing their boyfriends and male friends reacting to the video.
“How else would we reabsorb the blood,” user @sofiastrash wrote.
The hoax eventually made its way to Twitter, where users started sharing their favorite used tampon “recipes.”
“Y’all out here eating tampons when its supposed to be used as a teabag u fucking losers,” user @jiwoolesbian wrote.
yall out here eating tampons when its supposed to be used as a teabag u fucking losers— ًkay (@jiwoolesbian) September 18, 2019
The continued joke had both girls and guys wondering if people were actually eating used tampons.
“The gag about girls eating their used tampons have been going on for so long that I’m starting to genuinely wonder if they do,” user @Fake_Aeon_Air said.
The gag about girls eating their used tampons have been going on for so long that I'm starting to genuinely wonder if they do— aeon🖤 (@Fake_Aeon_Air) September 18, 2019
“Ok this whole eating tampons thing on tiktok is making me lose my mind at first, it was a rly funny joke on the guys but then everyone started to sound serious and iM SCARED i’m gonna sound stupid for even asking this buT DO U AMERICANS RLY EAT UR MF TAMPONS?????” user @mangoesandbeans asked.
ok this whole eating tampons thing on tiktok is making me lose my mind— chelsea ¯(°_o)/¯ (@mangoesandbeans) September 18, 2019
at first, it was a rly funny joke on the guys but then everyone started to sound serious and iM SCARED
i'm gonna sound stupid for even asking this buT DO U AMERICANS RLY EAT UR MF TAMPONS?????
Majcher didn’t immediately respond to our request for comment.
- PewDiePie donates $50,000 to the Anti-Defamation League—and then changes his mind (updated)
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback
- People are gluing their upper lips on TikTok
H/T Buzzfeed News
Collyn Burke is a senior journalism student at the University of Texas at Austin interning for the Daily Dot's editorial team and Two Girls One Podcast. Her work has previously appeared in the Daily Texan and the Texas Observer.