- Bloomberg’s broadband platform is 5 years behind his rivals 4 Months Ago
- Hulu’s ‘Endlings’ is a smart sci-fi show for kids—and adults Today 1:42 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Pandemic’ drops right when we need to be worried most Today 1:20 PM
- TikTok signs licensing agreement with Merlin Today 12:19 PM
- Anime film ‘NiNoKuni’ falls apart with flimsy plotting Today 11:57 AM
- Cop who called for boycott of Beyoncé’s Super Bowl performance now says he’s Black Today 11:12 AM
- Uber, Lyft dragged for surging prices during mass shooting Today 11:06 AM
- The legacies of colonialism loom in Netflix’s new horror show ‘Ares’ Today 10:41 AM
- College student arrested in China after tweeting about Xi Jinping Today 10:37 AM
- YouTuber ImJayStation accused of faking the death of his girlfriend for views Today 10:23 AM
- Twitter sends cease-and-desist letter to facial recognition firm scraping its images Today 10:01 AM
- A CNN analyst’s impeachment joke sparks fake news fury Today 9:08 AM
- Patrick Stewart invited Whoopi Goldberg to join ‘Star Trek: Picard’ season 2 Today 8:26 AM
- Dolly Parton inspires ‘LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Tinder’ meme Today 8:12 AM
- ‘Star Trek: Picard’ episode 1 recap: A glimpse into a troubled future Today 8:00 AM
Caroline Majcher, an 18-year-old TikToker from Toronto, has convinced the internet that girls are eating their used tampons.
“Guys are so clueless,” Majcher says in a suddenly viral video. “So today I was talking about periods with my guy friends and just explaining some stuff to them, and they had no idea that girls eat their tampon after they’re done with it to reabsorb all the blood that they just lost.”
The video quickly took off on the social media platform and now has over 350,000 likes and 10,000 comments.
“I thought I could probably make up a lie about girls and any boy would believe it,” Majcher told BuzzFeed.
According to BuzzFeed, other girls quickly jumped in to continue the hoax by commenting on Majcher’s video and posting their own videos showing their boyfriends and male friends reacting to the video.
“How else would we reabsorb the blood,” user @sofiastrash wrote.
The hoax eventually made its way to Twitter, where users started sharing their favorite used tampon “recipes.”
“Y’all out here eating tampons when its supposed to be used as a teabag u fucking losers,” user @jiwoolesbian wrote.
yall out here eating tampons when its supposed to be used as a teabag u fucking losers— ًkay (@jiwoolesbian) September 18, 2019
The continued joke had both girls and guys wondering if people were actually eating used tampons.
“The gag about girls eating their used tampons have been going on for so long that I’m starting to genuinely wonder if they do,” user @Fake_Aeon_Air said.
The gag about girls eating their used tampons have been going on for so long that I'm starting to genuinely wonder if they do— aeon🖤 (@Fake_Aeon_Air) September 18, 2019
“Ok this whole eating tampons thing on tiktok is making me lose my mind at first, it was a rly funny joke on the guys but then everyone started to sound serious and iM SCARED i’m gonna sound stupid for even asking this buT DO U AMERICANS RLY EAT UR MF TAMPONS?????” user @mangoesandbeans asked.
ok this whole eating tampons thing on tiktok is making me lose my mind— chelsea ¯(°_o)/¯ (@mangoesandbeans) September 18, 2019
at first, it was a rly funny joke on the guys but then everyone started to sound serious and iM SCARED
i'm gonna sound stupid for even asking this buT DO U AMERICANS RLY EAT UR MF TAMPONS?????
Majcher didn’t immediately respond to our request for comment.
- PewDiePie donates $50,000 to the Anti-Defamation League—and then changes his mind (updated)
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback
- People are gluing their upper lips on TikTok
H/T Buzzfeed News
Collyn Burke is a senior journalism student at the University of Texas at Austin interning for the Daily Dot's editorial team and Two Girls One Podcast. Her work has previously appeared in the Daily Texan and the Texas Observer.