- ‘Weathering With You’ blends fantasy and realism in a magical love story Saturday 6:18 PM
- Kidnapped teen used Snapchat to get rescued Saturday 4:35 PM
- What fans do and don’t want to see in future ‘Far Cry’ installments Saturday 4:26 PM
- Aaron Carter accused of stealing lion art for merch Saturday 3:10 PM
- Instagram’s hidden like counts were inspired by a ‘Black Mirror’ episode Saturday 2:06 PM
- Student says they were expelled for tricking teacher into making inappropriate TikTok Saturday 12:26 PM
- Space Force uniforms relentlessly mocked, memed Saturday 10:52 AM
- Man flamed after admitting he called police on Target employee over a toothbrush Saturday 9:10 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Vivir Dos Veces’ searches for a last chance at first love Saturday 8:00 AM
- Camila Cabello must do more about her racist history Saturday 6:00 AM
- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
Another week, another TikTok challenge. This latest trend will bring out your inner magician.
“Here’s something trippy for your night lol,” the 19-year-old wrote to Twitter on Thursday with the TikTok video.
here’s something trippy for your night lol pic.twitter.com/lkcX25mgri— LG Tori Pareno (@ToriPareno) November 21, 2019
In the eight-second video, Pareno quickly moves her fingers to the beat of a dubstep song. At the end of the video, her face explodes with excitement at her accomplishment.
In the four days since she posted the video, it has reached more than 8.7 million views and has been shared more than 174,000 times.
After her video went viral, others tried to do the same “trippy” hand challenge.
This is fun pic.twitter.com/rNivts8FXE— STUPIOCITY (@Rjeyyy_Bil) November 22, 2019
This guy took it to the next level and created the hand illusion wearing LED gloves.
i did ur thing but with LED gloves :^) pic.twitter.com/yh1jGlEXp9— 💡 The Lightshow Hashira 💡 (@JomarriSalomon) November 22, 2019
However, it wasn’t as easy as Pareno made it look.
Me right now pic.twitter.com/b5TnWuwWNy— The Calm and The Crazed EP (@CalebSamuel) November 22, 2019
Some people jokingly called the trick “witchcraft” or “sorcery.”
What in the witchcraft sorcery tarnation is going on here? pic.twitter.com/50aFe6ADwH— Michael 💕 (@HazerMikey) November 21, 2019
Pareno tweeted that it was “creepy but cool” that people had viewed her hands “half a million”– now millions– of times. She has dubbed herself “the hand lady.”
Brianna Stone is a contributing reporter to the Daily Dot. Her work has been published by the Dallas Morning News, Austin American-Statesman, and USA Today.