- Schumer calls on FBI, FTC to investigate FaceApp 2 Years Ago
- Netflix loses subscribers—but hopes some tentpole shows can save it 2 Years Ago
- Man utterly roasted for saying woman can’t ask for equality in revealing clothing 2 Years Ago
- Instagram struggles to remove photos of Bianca Devins’ dead body Today 11:14 AM
- ‘Storm Area 51’ creator says its gotten so big he’s worried about the FBI Today 10:49 AM
- Everyone loves Q baby, the baby who apparently supports QAnon Today 9:53 AM
- Thread about ‘depression meals’ is inspiring lots of relatable answers Today 9:36 AM
- How long is ‘Avengers: Infinity War’? Today 9:30 AM
- Rand Paul ripped for halting 9/11 Victim Fund re-authorization bill Today 9:18 AM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Hulu in August 2019 Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ creators drop out of Comic-Con at last minute Today 6:38 AM
- Inside Britt McHenry’s war on women Today 6:30 AM
- The glorious highs and unexpected quirks of 4K streaming Today 6:00 AM
- Southwest Airlines passengers receive free Nintendo Switch consoles and Mario Maker 2 Wednesday 9:10 PM
- The Deplorable Choir drops diss track aimed at 4 congresswomen from Trump’s racist tweets Wednesday 8:09 PM
Photo via Gage Skidmore/Flickr (CC-BY-SA)
Bannon is gone, but humor is not.
While there are some conflicting reports over the when and why Bannon is out—some are reporting he resigned on Aug. 7, while others say he was fired—there is no doubt that users of the social networking site Twitter had a lot to say about it.
There was no love lost between the more liberal users of the site and Bannon, whom many thought to be a vehicle for the most odious elements of President Donald Trump‘s agenda. They gleefully celebrated his swift downfall from ‘shadow president’ to the unemployment line.
“Darkness is good,” Steve Bannon says as the power is cut in his office.— Matt Berman (@Mr_Berman) August 18, 2017
Bannon wisely timed his departure to avoid having to explain why he burst into a thousand bats during the eclipse— Adam Steinbaugh (@adamsteinbaugh) August 18, 2017
BREAKING: Bannon out of the White House after experts determine how to separate his legs from the leather couch without "making that sound." pic.twitter.com/aEqo3JNxo9— Joseph Scrimshaw (@JosephScrimshaw) August 18, 2017
Congrats to the new White House Chief Strategist pic.twitter.com/BaJQQPpl8X— K (@kevinmccauley) August 18, 2017
I'm auctioning off this corned beef I'm having for lunch that looks just like Steve Bannon. Opening bid is $1,000,000.00 pic.twitter.com/5nYpqSCFMy— Arkansas Fred (@ArkansasFred) August 18, 2017
Breaking: Steve Bannon is gone from the White House. But white supremacy ain't.— Judith Browne Dianis (@jbrownedianis) August 18, 2017
this is all a distraction from taylor swift deleting all her Instagram posts & tumblr— Logan Dobson (@LoganDobson) August 18, 2017
(That’s a true thing that happened!)
In the end, they decided it was time to A Bannon Ship— Henry C.J. Jackson (@henrycjjackson) August 18, 2017
now steve bannon can return to his previous life tormenting austin powers pic.twitter.com/pxqpbmGihP— Evan Romano (@EvanRomano) August 18, 2017
Bannon announces he will return to his position as coach of elite Minnesota pee-wee hockey team ‘The Hawks.’— Jay Hathaway (@strutting) August 18, 2017
still wild that you can look like that and think you're the superior race— Micah Peters (@micahpeters_) August 18, 2017
Others pointed out the almost unconscionable amount of change Trump has presided over in seven months.
"It's the final countdown." pic.twitter.com/bJ5FKF49Fp— The Mazoo (@jmatta27) August 18, 2017
In less than a month, the Trump White House has lost a press secretary, a communications director, a chief of staff, and a chief strategist.— Scott Bixby (@scottbix) August 18, 2017
Firings/Resignations under DT:— Kyle Griffin (@kylegriffin1) August 18, 2017
That’s a lot! Best wishes to the next chief strategist. It sure won’t be Clay Aiken.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]