- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge 2 Years Ago
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett 2 Years Ago
- Facebook and Google could be tracking you on porn sites Today 1:42 PM
- 7 best sites for psychic love readings Today 1:20 PM
- Driver demonstrates why you always need to read road signs Today 12:58 PM
- Area 51 remix video proves it’s the summer of Lil Nas X Today 12:26 PM
- ‘ICE will come’: Convenience store clerk threatens customers speaking Spanish Today 12:11 PM
- Rand Paul dodges questions about 9/11 Victims Fund, says ‘watch Fox News’ Today 11:51 AM
- Report: ‘Stranger Things’ season 4 to begin shooting in October Today 11:03 AM
- AT&T paid Michael Cohen to consult on net neutrality, FBI documents show Today 9:10 AM
- Mysterio’s ruse changes on a second viewing of ‘Far From Home’ Today 9:06 AM
- Twitter overturns Barrett Brown’s third permanent suspension Today 8:49 AM
- How to live stream Liga MX Today 7:56 AM
- The QBaby’s parents are already trying to profit off their kid’s fame Today 7:45 AM
- How do 4DX movies work? Today 7:00 AM
The Square app’s Twitter account is sparring with somebody named Fart Sandwich
The Square app’s Twitter account is in a social media tiff with an account named Fart Sandwich, and thus far, the mobile payment company is striking enough sparks to ignite a sulfur explosion.
It all seemed to start so innocently. Square was minding its own business, replying casually to a tweet from another user that has since been deleted. And then Fart Sandwich, aka @SandwichofFarts, butted in.
go away— Fart Sandwich (@SandwichofFarts) July 15, 2017
You first.— Square (@Square) July 15, 2017
And from there, it was on, as the two accounts ripped one after the other.
Is "make a financial corporation look hip and trendy" what you thought you'd be doing with your college degree— Fart Sandwich (@SandwichofFarts) July 15, 2017
Your name is literally fart sandwich and you’re trolling a cash register.— Square (@Square) July 15, 2017
You're an actual person trying to make a major company look cute and fuzzy. How is a person named fart sandwich the sane one here— Fart Sandwich (@SandwichofFarts) July 15, 2017
You could probably sell fart sandwiches with Square if that’s what you’re getting at.— Square (@Square) July 15, 2017
That’s when the fight began to fade away. But Square couldn’t stop cheekily rehashing the aftereffects.
We didn’t choose the fart sandwich, the fart sandwich chose us.— Square (@Square) July 15, 2017
If it’s about a fart sandwich, how corporate can it *really* be.— Square (@Square) July 15, 2017
We are all Fart Sandwich.— Square (@Square) July 15, 2017
But in a surprising twist, ANOTHER Twitter account that fancies itself as Fart Sandwich nosed into the conflict. Not surprisingly, Square owned this brand of Fart Sandwich as well with a simple, yet pointed tweet to effectively silence the offending interloper.
This doesn’t concern you, other Fart Sandwich.— Square (@Square) July 15, 2017
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.