- Here’s why you shouldn’t buy a Nintendo Switch until mid-August Today 5:11 PM
- Man blasted for making his coworkers babysit his child Today 5:07 PM
- Pete Buttigieg’s country radio interview was blocked from the air Today 4:35 PM
- 15-year-old Smash Bros. prodigy caught using racist slur in private Discord server Today 3:47 PM
- Instagram users who post pet pictures more likely to get hacked Today 3:45 PM
- Post-Prime Day recap: Shipping delays, more sales, and a scam Today 3:08 PM
- Jacob Wohl returns to Twitter … for now Today 1:56 PM
- How to stream WWE Raw Reunion Today 1:35 PM
- ‘I hope Trump deports you’: Woman goes on racist rant to Spanish speakers at a store Today 1:24 PM
- Emoji Mashup Bot gives life to unidentifiable emotions Today 1:15 PM
- Notorious grifter Anna Sorokin reportedly blocked from profiting off Netflix series Today 12:45 PM
- Charlottesville attacker’s Twitter account included praise for Hitler Today 12:10 PM
- ‘Short Treks’ trailer: Spock, Pike, and Number One return Today 11:57 AM
- Everything we know about ‘Star Trek: Lower Decks,’ the new animated show Today 11:55 AM
- Cole Carrigan says he left Team 10 after being called homophobic slur Today 11:32 AM
There are already memes for ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’
The first trailer for Spider-Man: Far From Home dropped yesterday, and fans couldn’t be more excited.
The short clip teases at all the things that made us fall in love with Tom Holland’s Spider-Man, along with a whole host of new things to get hyped about. Jake Gyllenhaal as Mysterio? Yes, please.
In true internet form, it didn’t take long for the memes to come flooding in.
There were a lot of fans parsing the short clip to find any hints toward what Avengers: Endgame might have in store for us. What they found, for the most part, was a telling lack of Tony Stark.
Other fans ignored the suspicious lack of Starks and honed in on other parts of the trailer. Namely, how damn cute Tom Holland is as Peter Parker.
ᵖᵉᵗᵉʳ ᵖᵃʳᵏᵉʳ ʰᵉʳᵉ ᵗᵒ ᵖᶦᶜᵏ ᵘᵖ ᵃ ᵖᵃˢˢᵖᵒʳᵗ ᵖˡᵉᵃˢᵉ— şeyma (@thornadio) January 15, 2019
Happy Hogan: is that a new dress— sᴛᴇᴘʜ (@fuckn_marvel) January 15, 2019
Aunt May: yeah how’d you know?
There were a few references to that shocking, heartbreaking Infinity War ending.
Spider-Man looks great for a PILE OF ASHES WTF— DONNY CATES (@Doncates) January 15, 2019
And a whole lot of love for that Peter and MJ action.
Many people fell instantly in love with hot Mysterio. Seriously Jake Gyllenhaal, welcome to the MCU.
Lord forgive me for i am about to sin pic.twitter.com/O2wVzjsLsF— arianne #justiceformj (@ironsrescue) January 15, 2019
One user even had an idea for the third installment in the new Spider-Man franchise—Spider-Man: Home Alone.
And for fans who have already rewatched the trailer a dozen times, the international trailer has a whole new opening to enjoy.
July 5 can’t come fast enough.
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.