- R. Kelly charged in Chicago with multiple counts of sex abuse Friday 7:51 PM
- Elon Musk finally hosts PewDiePie’s meme review Friday 6:27 PM
- Netflix throws ‘Umbrella Academy’-themed wedding for fans Friday 4:54 PM
- Report: Facebook collects app data on users’ body weight, menstrual cycles Friday 3:38 PM
- Amy Klobuchar reportedly ate salad with a comb, and Twitter’s got questions Friday 2:47 PM
- Nobody likes Spotify’s new update Friday 2:34 PM
- Student assaulted on campus while tabling for right-wing group Friday 1:56 PM
- Kim Kardashian West sues fashion company for using her likeness to sell clothes Friday 1:12 PM
- The Oscar-nominated movies you’ll actually want to watch again Friday 12:56 PM
- Viral graphic shows the moment Apple became the top brand Friday 12:27 PM
- Jake Paul calls out KSI for a YouTube boxing match Friday 11:31 AM
- This elementary school made students play ‘runaway slave’ Friday 11:20 AM
- ‘Captain Marvel’ is already a box office hit Friday 11:06 AM
- This ‘buff bunny vs. small bunny’ meme is here for when you’re feeling inferior Friday 10:53 AM
- Ocasio-Cortez slams trolls who come at her with ‘weak’ memes Friday 10:52 AM
There are already memes for ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’
The first trailer for Spider-Man: Far From Home dropped yesterday, and fans couldn’t be more excited.
The short clip teases at all the things that made us fall in love with Tom Holland’s Spider-Man, along with a whole host of new things to get hyped about. Jake Gyllenhaal as Mysterio? Yes, please.
In true internet form, it didn’t take long for the memes to come flooding in.
— Marvel Studios (@MarvelStudios) January 15, 2019
There were a lot of fans parsing the short clip to find any hints toward what Avengers: Endgame might have in store for us. What they found, for the most part, was a telling lack of Tony Stark.
— Domo🥀 (@domo__1300) January 15, 2019
— River (@River_kamila) January 15, 2019
People: Here is the evidence that Tony Stark is dead.
— The Marvel Fandom (@TheMarvelFandom) January 15, 2019
Other fans ignored the suspicious lack of Starks and honed in on other parts of the trailer. Namely, how damn cute Tom Holland is as Peter Parker.
ᵖᵉᵗᵉʳ ᵖᵃʳᵏᵉʳ ʰᵉʳᵉ ᵗᵒ ᵖᶦᶜᵏ ᵘᵖ ᵃ ᵖᵃˢˢᵖᵒʳᵗ ᵖˡᵉᵃˢᵉ
— şeyma (@thornadio) January 15, 2019
— Icha. (@anxiousicha) January 16, 2019
— z (@wafflesmalik) January 16, 2019
Happy Hogan: is that a new dress
Aunt May: yeah how’d you know?
— sᴛᴇᴘʜ (@fuckn_marvel) January 15, 2019
There were a few references to that shocking, heartbreaking Infinity War ending.
Spider-Man looks great for a PILE OF ASHES WTF
— DONNY CATES (@Doncates) January 15, 2019
And a whole lot of love for that Peter and MJ action.
— ᶜʸʳᵃ #renewodaat (@magnvsficent) January 16, 2019
— 집 (@siebzehn__) January 16, 2019
Many people fell instantly in love with hot Mysterio. Seriously Jake Gyllenhaal, welcome to the MCU.
Lord forgive me for i am about to sin pic.twitter.com/O2wVzjsLsF
— arianne #justiceformj (@ironsrescue) January 15, 2019
— PunLorde (@_HaramiPUN_) January 16, 2019
— 𝓪𝓁𝒾𝒶𝓈 (@itsjustanx) January 15, 2019
— Taran Spruell (@i_r_Taran) January 15, 2019
One user even had an idea for the third installment in the new Spider-Man franchise—Spider-Man: Home Alone.
following the naming convention of Spider-Man: Homecoming and Spider-Man: Far From Home, I hope the third one is Spider-Man: Home Alone and it’s just Peter on his own trying to protect the Avengers compound from the Sinister Six with complex, web-based traps.
— 🐝 Kieran Shiach 🐝 (@KingImpulse) January 15, 2019
And for fans who have already rewatched the trailer a dozen times, the international trailer has a whole new opening to enjoy.
— Movie Clips 📺 (@TopMovieClips) January 16, 2019
July 5 can’t come fast enough.
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.