- T-Mobile, Verizon admit most Americans won’t see fast 5G 3 Months Ago
- PlayStation Vue is offering a sweet streaming deal for a limited time 3 Months Ago
- Twitter reportedly worried banning white nationalists would also flag some Republicans Today 1:31 PM
- Lawyer of cop in viral assault case calls the crime a ‘Facebook misdemeanor’ Today 12:33 PM
- Biden’s ‘all men’-focused announcement gets roasted Today 11:49 AM
- Skillshare is offering new users one month of premium for free Today 10:44 AM
- Report: Facebook is punishing Black people for talking about racism (updated) Today 10:15 AM
- Biden brings tepid language to the healthcare debate Today 9:52 AM
- TikTok’s ‘chin on palm’ challenge has people scratching their heads Today 9:01 AM
- How to stream the 2019 NFL Draft for free Today 9:00 AM
- How to watch every movie in the MCU before ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Today 8:00 AM
- Review: The apocalypse has never been more aimless than in Days Gone Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Boston bomber voting’ discourse is America at its dumbest Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch ‘Top Gear’ for free Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Getafe online for free Today 6:00 AM
There are already memes for ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’
The first trailer for Spider-Man: Far From Home dropped yesterday, and fans couldn’t be more excited.
The short clip teases at all the things that made us fall in love with Tom Holland’s Spider-Man, along with a whole host of new things to get hyped about. Jake Gyllenhaal as Mysterio? Yes, please.
In true internet form, it didn’t take long for the memes to come flooding in.
— Marvel Studios (@MarvelStudios) January 15, 2019
There were a lot of fans parsing the short clip to find any hints toward what Avengers: Endgame might have in store for us. What they found, for the most part, was a telling lack of Tony Stark.
— Domo🥀 (@domo__1300) January 15, 2019
— River (@River_kamila) January 15, 2019
People: Here is the evidence that Tony Stark is dead.
— The Marvel Fandom (@TheMarvelFandom) January 15, 2019
Other fans ignored the suspicious lack of Starks and honed in on other parts of the trailer. Namely, how damn cute Tom Holland is as Peter Parker.
ᵖᵉᵗᵉʳ ᵖᵃʳᵏᵉʳ ʰᵉʳᵉ ᵗᵒ ᵖᶦᶜᵏ ᵘᵖ ᵃ ᵖᵃˢˢᵖᵒʳᵗ ᵖˡᵉᵃˢᵉ
— şeyma (@thornadio) January 15, 2019
— Icha. (@anxiousicha) January 16, 2019
— z (@wafflesmalik) January 16, 2019
Happy Hogan: is that a new dress
Aunt May: yeah how’d you know?
— sᴛᴇᴘʜ (@fuckn_marvel) January 15, 2019
There were a few references to that shocking, heartbreaking Infinity War ending.
Spider-Man looks great for a PILE OF ASHES WTF
— DONNY CATES (@Doncates) January 15, 2019
And a whole lot of love for that Peter and MJ action.
— ᶜʸʳᵃ ⁱˢ ˢᵃᵈ (@magnvsficent) January 16, 2019
— 집 (@siebzehn__) January 16, 2019
Many people fell instantly in love with hot Mysterio. Seriously Jake Gyllenhaal, welcome to the MCU.
Lord forgive me for i am about to sin pic.twitter.com/O2wVzjsLsF
— arianne #justiceformj (@ironsrescue) January 15, 2019
— PunLorde (@_HaramiPUN_) January 16, 2019
— 𝓮𝓃𝒹𝑔𝒶𝓂𝑒 TONIGHT (@itsjustanx) January 15, 2019
— Taran Spruell (@i_r_Taran) January 15, 2019
One user even had an idea for the third installment in the new Spider-Man franchise—Spider-Man: Home Alone.
following the naming convention of Spider-Man: Homecoming and Spider-Man: Far From Home, I hope the third one is Spider-Man: Home Alone and it’s just Peter on his own trying to protect the Avengers compound from the Sinister Six with complex, web-based traps.
— 🐝 Kieran Shiach 🐝 (@KingImpulse) January 15, 2019
And for fans who have already rewatched the trailer a dozen times, the international trailer has a whole new opening to enjoy.
— Movie & TV Clips 📺 (@TopCIips) January 16, 2019
July 5 can’t come fast enough.
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.