- Netflix thriller ‘Earthquake Bird’ can’t solve its own mystery Monday 4:45 PM
- Goop is selling an expensive ‘restraining arts’ BDSM kit Monday 4:17 PM
- Body positivity actress Lili Reinhart calls out Photoshopping app Monday 3:42 PM
- ‘Rick and Morty’ zeroes in on connections and leans into familiar territory Monday 3:30 PM
- People are sharing photos of how much they’ve changed in a decade Monday 2:30 PM
- A few of our favorite things on Newegg are on sale for Black Friday Monday 2:15 PM
- Disney adds ‘Bob’s Burgers’ movie back to release schedule after accidentally yanking it Monday 2:02 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez launches petition demanding Stephen Miller’s resignation Monday 1:24 PM
- Prince Andrew’s defense against child sex crimes stokes conspiracy theory flames Monday 1:20 PM
- More people may be looking to cancel Disney+ than Netflix Monday 1:09 PM
- Monday Night Football: How to stream Chiefs vs. Chargers live Monday 1:00 PM
- After days of deadly protests, Iran implements ‘largest internet shutdown ever’ Monday 12:55 PM
- ‘Disney Plus and thrust’ is apparently the new Netflix and Chill Monday 12:32 PM
- Woman fired, sued after coworker shared their sexts Monday 12:22 PM
- Group running GoFundMe for border wall breaks ground without permits Monday 11:47 AM
The hottest looks from last night’s GOP debate
Who needs to talk education reform when you’re looking fly?
Thursday night’s Republican presidential debate was a certifiable hot mess, and we’re not talking about the constant interruptions or total lack of respect for women.
Nope, it wasn’t what these men had to say on complex topics like immigration and taxes that drew our attention, but rather what they were wearing. With all the money they have, you’d think that there would be a little more pizazz to their duds.
So forget about weighing their résumés and qualifications as they battle for a shot at the presidency: It’s the clothes make the man, right?
While Jeb might have been gifted a bunch of policy advisors by other members of the Bush clan, that suit is most definitely not a hand-me-down. His glasses also perfectly framed his face, especially when he was visibly frustrated about being second to Donald Trump in the polls.
Rand’s designer shirt and tie match the Fox News red and Facebook blue right behind him; quite a clever decision for an outfit that tells a story. And we’re all dying to know who did his hair! Whatta stunner.
Teddy was the only candidate who went with a striped tie. Bold move. Too bad that boldness didn’t translate into his debate skills last night.
Christie, Christie, Christie. Yes, that green bracelet might be for a good cause but it does not match with your tie choice. We can’t all be worried about philanthropic support—you should look better color-coordinated than a second-grader if you’re going to be on national television.
Eyebrows on fleek, baby. And since he wore the same exact outfit as Paul, we have to ask: Who wore it better?
Kasich, going for a typical Ohio look. And he’s had such a glow lately! We’ll have to ask him what skin moisturizer he’s been using.
Honestly, best tie choice out of all the fellows out there tonight. Not only can he operate on brains, he has a brain for fashion.
Walker also has some sort of effervescent glow to him. Must be all those lives he saved by cutting funding for Planned Parenthood.
He looks like he’s ready to go to his daughter’s tap dance recital.
With his purported fortune, you’d think that Trump would look like a million bucks at least. But despite this underwhelming look, his troublesome hair was tamed for the night—luckily for his hairdresser, who would otherwise have heard the Don deliver a trademark “You’re fired!”
Who do you think had the look of the night? Carson with his tie? Rubio with his well-groomed eyebrows? Be sure to tell us on Twitter!
Illustration by Max Fleishman
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.