- Bernie Sanders projected to win Nevada Caucuses Saturday 6:54 PM
- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada Saturday 5:20 PM
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Saturday 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Saturday 3:44 PM
- Woman iconically pranks man who sent her an unsolicited d*ck pic Saturday 2:25 PM
- ‘Terrifying’ deepfake puts Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk in ‘Star Trek’ Saturday 1:06 PM
- A 36-year-old called the cops after being booted from parents’ phone plan Saturday 12:16 PM
- People think novelist Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus in 1981 thriller Saturday 10:22 AM
- Twitter suspends 70 pro-Bloomberg accounts Saturday 9:15 AM
- In documentary ‘Modern Whore,’ a former escort takes control of her own narrative Saturday 6:30 AM
- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are finally settling into their post-Megxit life as “normies” (albeit in a $14-million Pacific coast mansion on Vancouver Island) with their son Archie and two rescue dogs—far from the intrusive eye of the British paparazzi. And from the sound of it, it seems as if the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have traded in one fairytale life for another.
An “insider” close to the couple recently told People that Harry and Meghan are enjoying their new, quiet life. “They go for long walks, they do yoga, and Meghan cooks,” said the source. “They are real homebodies who love to chill out with Archie and the dogs. They both love to be outside and have been loving it there.”
“When they’re not doing yoga or eating in, Harry will pick up sandwiches at a local spot, and Meghan walks her beloved rescue beagle Guy and the couple’s adopted Labrador,” the article continued.
Picking up sandwiches! Walking the dogs! Just like regular, everyday people!
But even before Megxit, Harry and Meghan had been charming fans due to the casual, relaxed nature of their relationship—sharing PDAs and the like—a sharp contrast from the rather stuffy, reserved public demeanor of Prince William and Kate Middleton. And this week, those who stan the couple’s relationship were given another reason, thanks to a video compilation showing Harry lovingly attending to his wife’s hair.
“The most attentive husband,” tweeted @ddarveyy, along with the 24-second clip, in which Prince Harry fixes Meghan’s ponytail, as various things are placed around her neck.
the most attentive husband ☺️💫 pic.twitter.com/3yEyYeGdMu— michelle (@ddarveyy) February 2, 2020
In the final moments of the video, Prince Harry helps tame down his lady’s hair due to blustery conditions.
“It didn’t take long for others to swoon over the video. “Y’all never been with a man who cares about you and it shows,” wrote one user. “I am so here for this love story,” added another.
Y’all never been with a man who cares about you and it shows https://t.co/dQbHrHG4zp— Jihan Roberts (@shoesbyFIS) February 3, 2020
I am so here for this love story https://t.co/EUvmqWqq3d— Deputy Bishop ✨(Bex Taylor-Klaus) (@IBexWeBex) February 4, 2020
I genuinely love his subtle affection without being clingy. THATS WTF I WANT OUT OF LOVE 💕— Adara ⓥ (@mynameisadara) February 3, 2020
Omg the fixing of the ponytail, I’m dead. So cute. Men around the world, women LOVE this https://t.co/f5gC621dRN— Ellie Gonsalves (@EllieGonsalves) February 4, 2020
dats a GENTLEMAN, love it pic.twitter.com/ubSYJE2VKU— Sadiqur (@MaverickRaiderx) February 3, 2020
Of course, others had jokes and memes about the sweet display. “This is Harry’s job now,” wrote one user. “My girl be like ‘don’t touch me’ whole time I’m tryna be cute,” added another guy with presumably less game than Prince Harry.
My girl be like “don’t touch me” whole time I’m tryna be cute lol 💀 https://t.co/c2F2mcuZh8— IVO (@Davinci_beau) February 4, 2020
Counterpoint, there are worse jobs? Haters gonna hate, etc., etc. Time to let these crazy kids live, already.
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.