- The best Korean beauty toners for your skincare routine 3 Years Ago
- Parked Tesla Model S bursts into flames in shocking video 3 Years Ago
- Fortnite is getting an Avengers Endgame event Today 2:44 PM
- The living are facing the end of the world in the latest ‘Game of Thrones’ Today 2:37 PM
- Warren’s plan to cancel student debt stimulates the bad-take economy Today 2:27 PM
- Video shows Easter Bunny punching man on sidewalk Today 2:09 PM
- The 7 best lubes for when you wanna do butt stuff Today 2:00 PM
- 11 best sex toys under $35 to blow your mind Today 1:30 PM
- Twitch streamer inadvertently documents all the times she was sexually, verbally harassed on vacation Today 1:12 PM
- Raptors coach Nick Nurse becomes a relatable meme Today 1:12 PM
- Man wears bandage that blends in with his skin tone, and Twitter has all the feelings Today 12:55 PM
- The 8 best Korean sunscreens to add to your bag Today 12:15 PM
- New ‘Avengers: Endgame’ commercials drop a few big spoilers Today 11:58 AM
- 11 party games for people sick of playing Cards Against Humanity Today 11:45 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy makes the most Curvy Wife Guy pregnancy announcement Today 11:31 AM
The Pokémon Go memes are already here, and they’re spectacular
Gotta meme em all.
If, on your way to work this morning, you see a man staring raptly into his phone while casing the outer rim of your local Dunkin Donuts, it’s highly likely that he’s chasing a Pokémon.
These are gorgeous words we never thought we’d utter in real life. But thanks to the U.S. release of Pokémon Go on Wednesday, the world has a whole new luster. A Charizard could be waiting on the hood of your car, or a Rattatta might be nestled in your desk plant. Your office cafeteria could be a Pokémon gym. And if you have a really cool boss, you might have to battle her Cubone in order to take control of it. Is this real life?
And what happens when you put the rabble of the internet into the real world with (sort of) real Pokémon? Memes, of course.
All this creative loljuice—just in the first 24 hours! But since the game is quickly becoming notorious for its intense battery-draining powers, you have to snap quick and choose wisely. It’s total despair to try to think of dank memes when you’re chained to a power outlet.
Colette Bennett is a writer and editor who specializes in geek culture, beauty products, and Amazon deals. Her work has appeared on CNN, HLN, Engadget, Kotaku, Colourlovers, and Continue Magazine. She's also given talks on working in news for CNN's Leadership Unplugged program. Bennett also runs popular Korean beauty blog Chok Chok Beauty and regularly slathers her face in snail slime.