- Netflix’s ‘Secret Obsession’ isn’t just terrible—it’s boring as hell 3 Years Ago
- Instagram expands experiment of hiding likes to 6 more countries 3 Years Ago
- Man asks woman to stop speaking Spanish on a plane—and bystanders start speaking Spanish Today 12:55 PM
- Schumer calls on FBI, FTC to investigate FaceApp Today 12:41 PM
- Netflix loses subscribers—but hopes some tentpole shows can save it Today 12:10 PM
- Man utterly roasted for saying woman can’t ask for equality in revealing clothing Today 12:07 PM
- Instagram struggles to remove photos of Bianca Devins’ dead body Today 11:14 AM
- ‘Storm Area 51’ creator says its gotten so big he’s worried about the FBI Today 10:49 AM
- Everyone loves Q baby, the baby who apparently supports QAnon Today 9:53 AM
- Thread about ‘depression meals’ is inspiring lots of relatable answers Today 9:36 AM
- How long is ‘Avengers: Infinity War’? Today 9:30 AM
- Rand Paul ripped for halting 9/11 Victim Fund re-authorization bill Today 9:18 AM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Hulu in August 2019 Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ creators drop out of Comic-Con at last minute Today 6:38 AM
- Inside Britt McHenry’s war on women Today 6:30 AM
Bleed all over Trump, Cruz, and Kasich with these stylish period panties
Let the Zodiac Killer-turned-presidential candidate soak up your uterine lining, as god intended.
In the best invention since period panties—which, admittedly, were invented pretty recently—now there are period panties stamped with the faces of the most conservative GOP presidential candidates.
The new Bloody Marys line uses the same fabric technology as period panty-makers like Thinx: highly absorbent, anti-bacterial, leakproof material that soaks up as much blood as a tampon while wicking moisture away from the body. It’s a pretty awesome invention that eradicates the need for extra (and expensive) menstruation gear—but it’s even more awesome when Ted Cruz‘s face becomes the target for your flow.
Olympia, Washington resident Sarah Palatnik created Bloody Marys for the Etsy shop Cute Fruit Undies. These pairs not only feature the face of the GOP politician of your choice (each selected especially for their work to inhibit women’s reproductive rights)—they also have a nifty snap-in heating pad that rests on the pelvis to soothe those cramps.
Palatnik refers to each of the nine available politicians as a “Blood Dumpster.” The Blood Dumpster crew includes Republican race faves like Ted Cruz, Donald Trump, John Kasich, Jeb Bush, Mike Huckabee, Rand Paul, and Rick Santorum—with Minnesota Congressman Tom Emmer and (hey, why not?) Sarah Palin thrown in for good measure. Every sale triggers a $3 donation to the Planned Parenthood chapter in the state governed or affected by the Blood Dumpster you choose.
Presumably Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly is placing an order right now for a pair of Trump period panties. Last August, a beaten-down Trump attacked Kelly after she aggressively questioned him during an early GOP debate. “She had blood coming out of her wherever” quickly became the catchphrase that epitomized Trump’s stumbling comments about women. Now, Kelly can show the confused presidential candidate exactly where her blood really comes from—and where it goes: on his dumb orange face.
Mary Emily O'Hara is an LGBTQ reporter. Her work has appeared in Rolling Stone, NBC Out, Daily Dot, Broadly, Vice, the Daily Beast, the Advocate, Huffington Post, DNAinfo, Al Jazeera, and Portland's Pulitzer Prize-winning newsweekly Willamette Week, among other outlets.