- Bipartisan anti-robocall bill overwhelmingly passes Senate 7 Months Ago
- Deepfake-style videos can now be made with just a single image 7 Months Ago
- The Lonely Island’s ‘Bash Brothers’ is what Netflix should be doing with short-form comedy 7 Months Ago
- ‘Green dress lady’ proves green screen memes are still going strong Today 1:45 PM
- ‘Bowling alley strike screen’ memes are bizarre and wonderful Today 12:40 PM
- TikTok star Mohit Mor shot and killed Today 12:00 PM
- Stephen A. Smith is baby Today 11:43 AM
- Tfue releases statement on FaZe Clan lawsuit, says his contract is ‘f*cked’ Today 11:34 AM
- People are using an app to out gropers on Japan’s subway Today 11:24 AM
- Trump misspelled ‘accomplishments’ on handwritten notes, photo shows Today 11:12 AM
- HUD proposal would allow homeless shelters to refuse trans people Today 10:44 AM
- Disney’s ‘Aladdin’ remake isn’t terrible Today 10:11 AM
- Police under investigation after running over 1-year-old child Today 9:16 AM
- Who is Jannah, the breakout star of ‘Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker’? Today 9:10 AM
- Trump revives his ‘dumb as a rock’ insult for Rex Tillerson Today 9:03 AM
On Monday, author and co-host of BuzzFeed News’ “AM to DM” Isaac Fitzgerald shared a photo of his grandfather on Twitter. “For no reason whatsoever look at what a goddamn stunner my grandfather was,” he wrote.
For no reason whatsoever look at what a goddamn stunner my grandfather was. ✨ pic.twitter.com/M2j615Jw27
— Isaac Fitzgerald🤞🏻🖤 (@IsaacFitzgerald) November 5, 2018
In a subsequent tweet, he asked people to share photos of their own grandparents and the responses have been amazing.
“My grandparents werkin it back in the day,” one person wrote.
my grandparents werkin it back in the day pic.twitter.com/384wn8ST2q
— Jonno Turner (@jonnot) November 7, 2018
Some people’s grandparents were especially fly. One user shared a photo of their grandma with the Queen. “My Grandma Jenny holding a sheep for the Queen to inspect in 1954, she’s leaning forward on the left side ‘Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth and H.R.H. Duke of Edinburgh inspect sheep at The Showground Dubbo (N.S.W.) 1954,'” they shared.
My Grandma Jenny holding a sheep for the Queen to inspect in 1954, she’s leaning forward on the left side
“Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth and H.R.H. Duke of Edinburgh inspect sheep at The Showground Dubbo (N.S.W.) 1954” pic.twitter.com/NvXTnM9h9I
— Gully Flowers (@gul_ly) November 6, 2018
And then there was this badass woman. “My grandma hunting in a fur coat and heels while pregnant. Apparently, she was the best shot in the family,” someone wrote.
My grandma hunting in a fur coat and heels while pregnant. Apparently she was the best shot in the family. pic.twitter.com/vXPxCnUCh3
— (((thoroughly midwestern Rachel))) (@ohromujici) November 7, 2018
Others shared their grandparents in love. “My grandparents …caught kissing. They were so in love all their lives,” one person said.
My grandparents …caught kissing.
They were so in love all their lives ❤️ pic.twitter.com/igyOfGnk70
— Laverne (@iPumpernickel) November 6, 2018
“This is them on their wedding 1955 and them 62 years later. They are the light of my world,” another person said of their grandparents. “And still as spunky as ever.”
This is them on their wedding 1955 and them 62 years later. They are the light of my world. And still as spunky as ever. pic.twitter.com/iwxCPMJpJs
— Jessica (@payitfwd_arrow) November 6, 2018
It’s safe to say our grandparents might have been cooler than us. You should probably go find out more about yours right now.
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.