- Devin Nunes is suing Twitter over parody accounts of his mom, cow Monday 8:15 PM
- The best new movies at SXSW 2019 Monday 7:55 PM
- #AbledsAreWeird demonstrates how not to treat people with disabilities Monday 7:33 PM
- YouTubers keep uploading racist meme anthem played by New Zealand shooter Monday 5:38 PM
- Myspace confirms that a decade-plus of user-uploaded music is gone Monday 5:03 PM
- ‘Love, Death & Robots’ suffers from blatant sexism Monday 4:38 PM
- Khloe Kardashian faces backlash for Instagram post saying to ‘love thy racist neighbor’ Monday 4:07 PM
- This Twitter user wants to expose white YouTubers for racist, transphobic content Monday 3:55 PM
- Trump retweeted a QAnon supporter during his Twitter bender Monday 1:24 PM
- Katrina Pierson supports Trump tweeting more about Fox than New Zealand shooting Monday 1:19 PM
- PewDiePie’s alt-right ties are impossible to ignore Monday 1:05 PM
- With this blade, I protect this meme Monday 12:48 PM
- Lead actress in ‘The Color Purple’ revival criticized for homophobic post Monday 12:39 PM
- ‘Arrested Development’ ends the same way it did the first time—unceremoniously Monday 12:10 PM
- Alleged gunman tried to rob YouTuber Adam22 during livestream Monday 11:32 AM
On Monday, author and co-host of BuzzFeed News’ “AM to DM” Isaac Fitzgerald shared a photo of his grandfather on Twitter. “For no reason whatsoever look at what a goddamn stunner my grandfather was,” he wrote.
For no reason whatsoever look at what a goddamn stunner my grandfather was. ✨ pic.twitter.com/M2j615Jw27
— Isaac Fitzgerald🤞🏻🖤 (@IsaacFitzgerald) November 5, 2018
In a subsequent tweet, he asked people to share photos of their own grandparents and the responses have been amazing.
“My grandparents werkin it back in the day,” one person wrote.
my grandparents werkin it back in the day pic.twitter.com/384wn8ST2q
— Jonno Turner (@jonnot) November 7, 2018
Some people’s grandparents were especially fly. One user shared a photo of their grandma with the Queen. “My Grandma Jenny holding a sheep for the Queen to inspect in 1954, she’s leaning forward on the left side ‘Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth and H.R.H. Duke of Edinburgh inspect sheep at The Showground Dubbo (N.S.W.) 1954,'” they shared.
My Grandma Jenny holding a sheep for the Queen to inspect in 1954, she’s leaning forward on the left side
“Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth and H.R.H. Duke of Edinburgh inspect sheep at The Showground Dubbo (N.S.W.) 1954” pic.twitter.com/NvXTnM9h9I
— Gully Flowers (@gul_ly) November 6, 2018
And then there was this badass woman. “My grandma hunting in a fur coat and heels while pregnant. Apparently, she was the best shot in the family,” someone wrote.
My grandma hunting in a fur coat and heels while pregnant. Apparently she was the best shot in the family. pic.twitter.com/vXPxCnUCh3
— (((thoroughly midwestern Rachel))) (@ohromujici) November 7, 2018
Others shared their grandparents in love. “My grandparents …caught kissing. They were so in love all their lives,” one person said.
My grandparents …caught kissing.
They were so in love all their lives ❤️ pic.twitter.com/igyOfGnk70
— Laverne (@iPumpernickel) November 6, 2018
“This is them on their wedding 1955 and them 62 years later. They are the light of my world,” another person said of their grandparents. “And still as spunky as ever.”
This is them on their wedding 1955 and them 62 years later. They are the light of my world. And still as spunky as ever. pic.twitter.com/iwxCPMJpJs
— Jessica (@payitfwd_arrow) November 6, 2018
It’s safe to say our grandparents might have been cooler than us. You should probably go find out more about yours right now.
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.