- YouTube beef between RiceGum and H3H3 gets ugly—and personal 2 Months Ago
- ‘Fox & Friends’ accidentally airs obituary graphic for Ruth Bader Ginsburg 2 Months Ago
- Ocasio-Cortez helps Donkey Kong Twitch streamer raise money for trans rights Today 8:09 AM
- ‘Soni’ is a smart crime drama with poignant observations on inequality Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Arrow’ online for free Today 7:00 AM
- How a Barron Trump time traveling conspiracy keeps going viral Today 6:30 AM
- Swipe This! Will I be happier if I quit social media? Today 6:30 AM
- Free DVR makes Hulu with Live TV an even sweeter deal Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Black Lightning’ online for free Today 5:30 AM
- This ‘scientist’ learned what women find attractive by A/B testing his beard on Tinder Today 5:00 AM
- Laura Ingraham mocks Rep. Ilhan Omar’s accent in audio clip Sunday 5:46 PM
- #ExposeChristianSchools goes viral after Karen Pence and Covington Catholic School uproars Sunday 4:37 PM
- People have started laundering money on Fortnite Sunday 3:03 PM
- Cardi B claps back at Tomi Lahren’s sarcastic tweet Sunday 1:25 PM
- Twitter may have exposed Android users’ private tweets Sunday 12:13 PM
On Monday, author and co-host of BuzzFeed News’ “AM to DM” Isaac Fitzgerald shared a photo of his grandfather on Twitter. “For no reason whatsoever look at what a goddamn stunner my grandfather was,” he wrote.
For no reason whatsoever look at what a goddamn stunner my grandfather was. ✨ pic.twitter.com/M2j615Jw27
— Isaac Fitzgerald🤞🏻🖤 (@IsaacFitzgerald) November 5, 2018
In a subsequent tweet, he asked people to share photos of their own grandparents and the responses have been amazing.
“My grandparents werkin it back in the day,” one person wrote.
my grandparents werkin it back in the day pic.twitter.com/384wn8ST2q
— Jonno Turner (@jonnot) November 7, 2018
Some people’s grandparents were especially fly. One user shared a photo of their grandma with the Queen. “My Grandma Jenny holding a sheep for the Queen to inspect in 1954, she’s leaning forward on the left side ‘Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth and H.R.H. Duke of Edinburgh inspect sheep at The Showground Dubbo (N.S.W.) 1954,'” they shared.
My Grandma Jenny holding a sheep for the Queen to inspect in 1954, she’s leaning forward on the left side
“Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth and H.R.H. Duke of Edinburgh inspect sheep at The Showground Dubbo (N.S.W.) 1954” pic.twitter.com/NvXTnM9h9I
— Gully Flowers (@gul_ly) November 6, 2018
And then there was this badass woman. “My grandma hunting in a fur coat and heels while pregnant. Apparently, she was the best shot in the family,” someone wrote.
My grandma hunting in a fur coat and heels while pregnant. Apparently she was the best shot in the family. pic.twitter.com/vXPxCnUCh3
— (((thoroughly midwestern Rachel))) (@ohromujici) November 7, 2018
Others shared their grandparents in love. “My grandparents …caught kissing. They were so in love all their lives,” one person said.
My grandparents …caught kissing.
They were so in love all their lives ❤️ pic.twitter.com/igyOfGnk70
— Laverne (@iPumpernickel) November 6, 2018
“This is them on their wedding 1955 and them 62 years later. They are the light of my world,” another person said of their grandparents. “And still as spunky as ever.”
This is them on their wedding 1955 and them 62 years later. They are the light of my world. And still as spunky as ever. pic.twitter.com/iwxCPMJpJs
— Jessica (@payitfwd_arrow) November 6, 2018
It’s safe to say our grandparents might have been cooler than us. You should probably go find out more about yours right now.
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.