- ‘Waves’ wrestles with the family drama and breaks it in half 3 Years Ago
- QAnon-touting congressman sneaks ‘Epstein Didn’t Kill Himself’ into tweets Wednesday 7:12 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez met a famous drag queen–and the right melted down Wednesday 6:09 PM
- Woman says Lyft driver tried to kidnap her Wednesday 5:18 PM
- Debunking the right-wing conspiracy theories from today’s impeachment hearing Wednesday 4:29 PM
- Maroon 5 approves of the latest TikTok trend Wednesday 3:54 PM
- ‘One month left in the decade’ meme wants to know what you’ve accomplished Wednesday 3:53 PM
- Facebook Pay is the latest way to send your friends money Wednesday 3:31 PM
- Diving into ‘The Mandalorian’s first big shocker Wednesday 3:17 PM
- Disney+ will allow password sharing—to an extent Wednesday 1:12 PM
- Black server says manager refused to discipline coworkers who sent racist receipt Wednesday 12:47 PM
- Who is Jonah Hauer-King, Disney’s new Prince Eric? Wednesday 12:47 PM
- Cut Katherine Langford ‘Avengers: Endgame’ scene lands on Disney+ Wednesday 12:22 PM
- Planned Parenthood app to show abortion-seeking users their nearest options Wednesday 12:21 PM
- ‘The Imagineering Story’ offers touching insight into Walt Disney’s vision Wednesday 11:57 AM
A discerning mystery bidder just purchased a piece of history. One of INDECLINE’s iconic nude Donald Trump statues made its way to eBay on Thursday, just two days after the inspiration behind “The Emperor Has No Balls” won the presidency. Its “buy it now” price was $50,000 yet it fetched only $10,000, plus $500 to ship the monstrosity.
That’s quite a deal compared to the October Julien’s Auction sale of one such statue for $22,000. And Trump would seriously be proud of that discount. Hell, he’d probably want to congratulate the winning bidder, aka the only bidder, if he could ever figure out who bought the damn thing.
Look, we don’t really need to see this again.
The country needs to find hope in its citizens. That’s why I’m calling on this anonymous bidder to show themselves. We’ve gotta know what compelled you to throw down some serious cash for the constant reminder that the healthiest president in this country’s history is changing attitudes and turning the ideal male body trope into that of a blown-up blobfish.
Seriously, who the hell are you, silent majority bidder? The world needs to know.
A former Weekend Editor at the Daily Dot, April Siese's reporting covers everything from technology and politics to web culture and humor. Her work has been published by Bustle, Uproxx, Death and Taxes, Rolling Stone, the Daily Beast, Thrillist, Atlas Obscura, and others. Siese joined Quartz in December 2016.