- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Saturday 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to live stream Devin Haney vs. Antonio Moran on DAZN Saturday 7:00 AM
- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free Saturday 5:45 AM
- How to watch the DFB-Pokal final for free Saturday 5:30 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’-inspired miniseries is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
Miley Cyrus’s knee looks like Seth Rogen, and Instagram is obsessed
This is a landmark moment in celebrity knee journalism.
Thanks to her 2013 “I’m grown and sexy/Screw you, Disney” world tour, we’re all intimately familiar with Miley Cyrus’s organs. I’ve probably seen her areolae more often than I’ve seen my own. But one of Miley’s body parts has yet to receive its fair share of attention: her kneecap.
One Instagram user, however, sought to remedy that slight. A gentleman who goes by the name “fuckjerry” has posted photographic evidence that Miley Cyrus’s kneecap looks exactly like lovable Apatovian schlub Seth Rogen. May we present for the people’s consideration Exhibit A:
Photo by Tabercil/Flickr (CC BY SA 2.0)
Just in case you had to run off and put your contacts in or something, once again, ladies and gentlemen: Exhibit A.
Uncanny, isn’t it? It’s like it’s impossible to know where Miley’s knee ends and Seth Rogen’s face begins. This is surely the Epimenides Paradox of our time.
Although I personally think Miley’s kneecap looks less like Seth Rogen and more like Professor Keenbean from Richie Rich, apparently Instagram found fuckjerry’s keen photoanalysis convincing, and the image was shared on various social media platforms. Eventually, it made its way to La Cyrus herself, who tweeted about the resemblance to Rogen:
— Miley Ray Cyrus (@MileyCyrus) May 13, 2014
To which Rogen responded in typical cheesy Jewish grandpa fashion:
.@MileyCyrus you know why knees are the best body parts? They’re joints! (I’m sorry. I had to)
— Seth Rogen (@Sethrogen) May 13, 2014
So just to recap: Miley Cyrus’s knee is Seth Rogen. Seth Rogen is Miley Cyrus’s knee. And according to the German doppelganger folklore trope, if the two are ever seen in the same place together, one will be forced to destroy the other. (My money is on the knee). Good to know. Thanks, Internet.
H/T Uproxx | Photos via Instagram and Tabercil/Flickr (CC BY-SA 2.0) | Remix by Fernando Alfonso III
EJ Dickson is a writer and editor who primarily covers sex, dating, and relationships, with a special focus on the intersection of intimacy and technology. She served as the Daily Dot’s IRL editor from January 2014 to July 2015. Her work has since appeared in the New York Times, Rolling Stone, Mic, Bustle, Romper, and Men’s Health.