- Devin Nunes is suing Twitter over parody accounts of his mom, cow Monday 8:15 PM
- The best new movies at SXSW 2019 Monday 7:55 PM
- #AbledsAreWeird demonstrates how not to treat people with disabilities Monday 7:33 PM
- YouTubers keep uploading racist meme anthem played by New Zealand shooter Monday 5:38 PM
- Myspace confirms that a decade-plus of user-uploaded music is gone Monday 5:03 PM
- ‘Love, Death & Robots’ suffers from blatant sexism Monday 4:38 PM
- Khloe Kardashian faces backlash for Instagram post saying to ‘love thy racist neighbor’ Monday 4:07 PM
- This Twitter user wants to expose white YouTubers for racist, transphobic content Monday 3:55 PM
- Trump retweeted a QAnon supporter during his Twitter bender Monday 1:24 PM
- Katrina Pierson supports Trump tweeting more about Fox than New Zealand shooting Monday 1:19 PM
- PewDiePie’s alt-right ties are impossible to ignore Monday 1:05 PM
- With this blade, I protect this meme Monday 12:48 PM
- Lead actress in ‘The Color Purple’ revival criticized for homophobic post Monday 12:39 PM
- ‘Arrested Development’ ends the same way it did the first time—unceremoniously Monday 12:10 PM
- Alleged gunman tried to rob YouTuber Adam22 during livestream Monday 11:32 AM
Craigslist post skewers Oregon militia with free Wildlife Refuge rental
What a steal.
Remember the Oregon militia? Ooh boy, what a squad! The white folks taking a stand against the government were acquitted on Thursday. Guess it’s chill to stop paying for your grazing space then squat in a wildlife refuge because privilege.
Know what’s really chill? Occupying the building greeting birdwatchers and nature lovers as they make their way to the Malheur Wildlife Refuge. You heard that right: Craigslist is offering yet another deal of a lifetime.
“Tenants recently moved – Malheur National Wildlife Refuge is AVAILABLE NOW!” proclaims this ad, which shockingly lists the correct address and Oregon town where the nature preserve is located. No rent, no deposit, pet-friendly, and this gorgeous view. What’s not to love?
“Call FBI to schedule viewing! If no one is there for the open house you can probably just stay,” is perhaps the most effective summary of the Bundy clan vacating the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge after a 41 day standoff ever written.
This Craigslist ad is full of gems and even shouts out the latrines and give no shits attitude of the place’s former tenants. You pretty much know what you’re getting when you bust into the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge and decide to carry that squatters torch while also disrespecting thousands of Native American artifacts.
Just don’t forget to pack everything on your wish list like the last tenants. Lord knows how they survived armed to the hilt without Miracle Whip.
A former Weekend Editor at the Daily Dot, April Siese's reporting covers everything from technology and politics to web culture and humor. Her work has been published by Bustle, Uproxx, Death and Taxes, Rolling Stone, the Daily Beast, Thrillist, Atlas Obscura, and others. Siese joined Quartz in December 2016.