- 27 senators call on Trump to fire Stephen Miller 3 Years Ago
- Conservatives are fighting over whether porn is OK 3 Years Ago
- The best in tech gifts for women this year 3 Years Ago
- Why do the Golden Globes keep sidelining women filmmakers? 3 Years Ago
- Netflix dominates with 34 Golden Globe nominations across TV and film Today 10:27 AM
- Ethan Klein has declared war on K-pop—and K-pop fans Today 10:22 AM
- People are not happy with Steve Harvey’s cartel comment to Miss Colombia Today 10:21 AM
- The decade conspiracy theories overtook the truth Today 9:14 AM
- Marianne Williamson duped into believing Trump pardoned Charles Manson Today 8:55 AM
- TikTok users are freaking out about ‘predicting’ Juice WRLD’s death Today 7:59 AM
- @MugJerry and the quest for Instagram justice Today 7:00 AM
- Angela Abar wrestles with destiny in ‘Watchmen’ episode 8 Sunday 9:05 PM
- Guy who runs Trump Organization Twitter account caught hyping up own tweet Sunday 4:51 PM
- People found out how tall Olaf is–and now ‘Frozen’ is terrifying Sunday 3:41 PM
- Rapper Juice WRLD dead at 21 Sunday 3:02 PM
Remember the Oregon militia? Ooh boy, what a squad! The white folks taking a stand against the government were acquitted on Thursday. Guess it’s chill to stop paying for your grazing space then squat in a wildlife refuge because privilege.
Know what’s really chill? Occupying the building greeting birdwatchers and nature lovers as they make their way to the Malheur Wildlife Refuge. You heard that right: Craigslist is offering yet another deal of a lifetime.
“Tenants recently moved – Malheur National Wildlife Refuge is AVAILABLE NOW!” proclaims this ad, which shockingly lists the correct address and Oregon town where the nature preserve is located. No rent, no deposit, pet-friendly, and this gorgeous view. What’s not to love?
“Call FBI to schedule viewing! If no one is there for the open house you can probably just stay,” is perhaps the most effective summary of the Bundy clan vacating the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge after a 41 day standoff ever written.
This Craigslist ad is full of gems and even shouts out the latrines and give no shits attitude of the place’s former tenants. You pretty much know what you’re getting when you bust into the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge and decide to carry that squatters torch while also disrespecting thousands of Native American artifacts.
Just don’t forget to pack everything on your wish list like the last tenants. Lord knows how they survived armed to the hilt without Miracle Whip.
A former Weekend Editor at the Daily Dot, April Siese's reporting covers everything from technology and politics to web culture and humor. Her work has been published by Bustle, Uproxx, Death and Taxes, Rolling Stone, the Daily Beast, Thrillist, Atlas Obscura, and others. Siese joined Quartz in December 2016.