- Men are finally sharing their abortion stories Today 10:58 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Maria’ is a trigger-happy B-movie Today 9:07 AM
- How to stream Money in the Bank 2019 for free Today 9:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8, episode 6 for free Today 8:00 AM
- These ‘Game of Thrones’ houses are gone forever Today 7:54 AM
- The 10 best anime movies on Hulu Today 7:00 AM
- Vibe TV puts a premium price tag on piracy Today 6:00 AM
- Twitter unites in collective confusion over ‘Democrats for Trump’ trending Saturday 2:28 PM
- YouTube star tweets and deletes video of his Black cousin ‘Peanut’ acting as a stool Saturday 1:04 PM
- The ‘Do you wash your legs in the shower’ debate has now escalated to feet Saturday 12:20 PM
- Trump posts a world-class golf score, and the internet laughs at him Saturday 10:46 AM
- Lili Reinhart dragged the ‘Game of Thrones’ petition, sparking debate about TV and ‘fan service’ Saturday 9:42 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 152 for free Saturday 8:00 AM
- People keep calling the ‘Game of Thrones’ creators by their initials—and it’s confusing D&D players Saturday 8:00 AM
- After infidelity and abuse accusations, ProJared said his wife wanted an open marriage Saturday 7:40 AM
Craigslist post skewers Oregon militia with free Wildlife Refuge rental
What a steal.
Remember the Oregon militia? Ooh boy, what a squad! The white folks taking a stand against the government were acquitted on Thursday. Guess it’s chill to stop paying for your grazing space then squat in a wildlife refuge because privilege.
Know what’s really chill? Occupying the building greeting birdwatchers and nature lovers as they make their way to the Malheur Wildlife Refuge. You heard that right: Craigslist is offering yet another deal of a lifetime.
“Tenants recently moved – Malheur National Wildlife Refuge is AVAILABLE NOW!” proclaims this ad, which shockingly lists the correct address and Oregon town where the nature preserve is located. No rent, no deposit, pet-friendly, and this gorgeous view. What’s not to love?
“Call FBI to schedule viewing! If no one is there for the open house you can probably just stay,” is perhaps the most effective summary of the Bundy clan vacating the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge after a 41 day standoff ever written.
This Craigslist ad is full of gems and even shouts out the latrines and give no shits attitude of the place’s former tenants. You pretty much know what you’re getting when you bust into the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge and decide to carry that squatters torch while also disrespecting thousands of Native American artifacts.
Just don’t forget to pack everything on your wish list like the last tenants. Lord knows how they survived armed to the hilt without Miracle Whip.
A former Weekend Editor at the Daily Dot, April Siese's reporting covers everything from technology and politics to web culture and humor. Her work has been published by Bustle, Uproxx, Death and Taxes, Rolling Stone, the Daily Beast, Thrillist, Atlas Obscura, and others. Siese joined Quartz in December 2016.