- How to stream Texans vs. Colts in Week 7 3 Years Ago
- Man dragged for recording, posting video of neighbor being ‘killed’ instead of helping Saturday 4:14 PM
- How to stream Saints vs. Bears in Week 7 Saturday 3:25 PM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Ravens in Week 7 Saturday 3:25 PM
- Are TikTok teens throwing up gang signs in their videos? Saturday 2:45 PM
- Anti-impeachment protesters believe ‘deep state’ tried to sabotage rally Saturday 12:51 PM
- How to stream 49ers vs. Redskins in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Cardinals vs. Giants in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Raiders in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Vikings vs. Lions in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Rams vs. Falcons in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- Billie Eilish fans think they figured out who stole her ring Saturday 11:32 AM
- ‘Give me candy’: Hailey Bieber mocked for defense of celebrating Halloween as a Christian Saturday 10:28 AM
- Aaron Paul predicted Jesse Pinkman’s fate on Reddit years ago Saturday 8:53 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Eli’ is a satisfyingly nasty blend of haunted houses and medical horror Saturday 7:00 AM
Remember the Oregon militia? Ooh boy, what a squad! The white folks taking a stand against the government were acquitted on Thursday. Guess it’s chill to stop paying for your grazing space then squat in a wildlife refuge because privilege.
Know what’s really chill? Occupying the building greeting birdwatchers and nature lovers as they make their way to the Malheur Wildlife Refuge. You heard that right: Craigslist is offering yet another deal of a lifetime.
“Tenants recently moved – Malheur National Wildlife Refuge is AVAILABLE NOW!” proclaims this ad, which shockingly lists the correct address and Oregon town where the nature preserve is located. No rent, no deposit, pet-friendly, and this gorgeous view. What’s not to love?
“Call FBI to schedule viewing! If no one is there for the open house you can probably just stay,” is perhaps the most effective summary of the Bundy clan vacating the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge after a 41 day standoff ever written.
This Craigslist ad is full of gems and even shouts out the latrines and give no shits attitude of the place’s former tenants. You pretty much know what you’re getting when you bust into the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge and decide to carry that squatters torch while also disrespecting thousands of Native American artifacts.
Just don’t forget to pack everything on your wish list like the last tenants. Lord knows how they survived armed to the hilt without Miracle Whip.
A former Weekend Editor at the Daily Dot, April Siese's reporting covers everything from technology and politics to web culture and humor. Her work has been published by Bustle, Uproxx, Death and Taxes, Rolling Stone, the Daily Beast, Thrillist, Atlas Obscura, and others. Siese joined Quartz in December 2016.