- The new ‘Cats’ trailer is here to make you want to claw your eyes out Thursday 7:59 PM
- Bella Thorne claims Tana Mongeau ‘broke girl code’ in a series of messy tweets Thursday 7:00 PM
- Redditors keep this data engineer’s plants alive for him Thursday 5:20 PM
- Professor writes article defending ‘Asian romantic preference’—and no one is here for it Thursday 4:57 PM
- Ditch Pornhub and support adult content creators instead Thursday 4:46 PM
- Fans grieve Kyoto Animation Studio fire with #PrayforKyoAni Thursday 4:18 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Secret Obsession’ isn’t just terrible—it’s boring as hell Thursday 3:30 PM
- Instagram expands experiment of hiding likes to 6 more countries Thursday 3:20 PM
- Man asks woman to stop speaking Spanish on a plane—and bystanders start speaking Spanish Thursday 12:55 PM
- Schumer calls on FBI, FTC to investigate FaceApp Thursday 12:41 PM
- Netflix loses subscribers—but hopes some tentpole shows can save it Thursday 12:10 PM
- Man utterly roasted for saying women can’t ask for equality in revealing clothing Thursday 12:07 PM
- Instagram struggles to remove photos of Bianca Devins’ dead body Thursday 11:14 AM
- ‘Storm Area 51’ creator says its gotten so big he’s worried about the FBI Thursday 10:49 AM
- Everyone loves Q baby, the baby who apparently supports QAnon Thursday 9:53 AM
Craigslist post skewers Oregon militia with free Wildlife Refuge rental
What a steal.
Remember the Oregon militia? Ooh boy, what a squad! The white folks taking a stand against the government were acquitted on Thursday. Guess it’s chill to stop paying for your grazing space then squat in a wildlife refuge because privilege.
Know what’s really chill? Occupying the building greeting birdwatchers and nature lovers as they make their way to the Malheur Wildlife Refuge. You heard that right: Craigslist is offering yet another deal of a lifetime.
“Tenants recently moved – Malheur National Wildlife Refuge is AVAILABLE NOW!” proclaims this ad, which shockingly lists the correct address and Oregon town where the nature preserve is located. No rent, no deposit, pet-friendly, and this gorgeous view. What’s not to love?
“Call FBI to schedule viewing! If no one is there for the open house you can probably just stay,” is perhaps the most effective summary of the Bundy clan vacating the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge after a 41 day standoff ever written.
This Craigslist ad is full of gems and even shouts out the latrines and give no shits attitude of the place’s former tenants. You pretty much know what you’re getting when you bust into the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge and decide to carry that squatters torch while also disrespecting thousands of Native American artifacts.
Just don’t forget to pack everything on your wish list like the last tenants. Lord knows how they survived armed to the hilt without Miracle Whip.
A former Weekend Editor at the Daily Dot, April Siese's reporting covers everything from technology and politics to web culture and humor. Her work has been published by Bustle, Uproxx, Death and Taxes, Rolling Stone, the Daily Beast, Thrillist, Atlas Obscura, and others. Siese joined Quartz in December 2016.