- Lawsuit alleges YouTube’s unboxing videos are ‘abusive’ ads aimed at kids Sunday 3:48 PM
- Dr. Dre shades Lori Loughlin with Instagram flex about his daughter getting into USC Sunday 3:13 PM
- University of Georgia frat’s racist Snapchat video draws campus outrage Sunday 1:21 PM
- Facing criticism for eating fish, vegan YouTube star Rawvana speaks out Sunday 10:47 AM
- Arnold Schwarzenegger chases mini-pony in new TikTok video Sunday 9:19 AM
- Review: ‘Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice’ is a cut above the rest Sunday 8:00 AM
- Where do 2020 Democratic candidates stand on healthcare? Sunday 7:30 AM
- How to (legally) stream live TV on Kodi Sunday 7:00 AM
- ‘Delhi Crime’ tackles inequality and women’s rights Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 STP 500 at Martinsville Speedway for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- These high school theater kids put on a totally awesome ‘Alien’ play Saturday 3:59 PM
- Behold these photos of Elon Musk, but with Elizabeth Holmes’ eyes Saturday 3:11 PM
- Barbra Streisand gets ‘canceled’ over remarks about Michael Jackson’s alleged victims Saturday 2:09 PM
- Report: Florida man raped Texas teen after posing as Instagram celeb Saturday 12:14 PM
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever Saturday 11:46 AM
‘Krusty Krab vs. Chum Bucket’ is the new meme to express your hot take
Yes, it’s another SpongeBob meme.
It’s called “Krusty Krab vs. Chum Bucket,” and it’s the perfect way to express your hot take on something being superior to its competition. Like pancakes versus waffles:
the only comparison that matters pic.twitter.com/mMJbfgccFf
— aliyah (@aliyahburrell) March 16, 2018
We all know who’s winning…..krusty krab vs chum bucket pic.twitter.com/i4TtkY7n8n
— static 👾 (@_spideyified) March 17, 2018
The formula is quite simple. The Krusty Krab restaurant, as even the most casual SpongeBob fan knows, is good, while the Chum Bucket is bad. Once you get the concept, all you need is an opinion and some very basic photo editing skills.
Listen up you Krusty Krab vs Chum Bucket stans. This is not an opinion, it’s a FACT. pic.twitter.com/gAVblRyhkG
— Rafael Grande (@iitsRafael) March 18, 2018
— Mike (@ChiSoxFanMike) March 17, 2018
you heard me henny. pic.twitter.com/JH99DQcWds
— my name frankie ho. (@fraybomb) March 16, 2018
only the real ones know pic.twitter.com/X158MyqGEE
— Mauricio (@mowzrr) March 16, 2018
this is the one pic.twitter.com/HRWNcEyyBs
— KAM FROM WALDORF (@kameronblount4) March 15, 2018
i’m going to get attacked for this 😳 pic.twitter.com/xYGw5MdgSl
— Big Time Rush (@btrarchive) March 17, 2018
If you disagree, all you have to do is reply to the meme with this ready-made Chum Bucket image.
— VINCΞ (@VinnyOVO) March 18, 2018
There’s even a response if you think the two things are basically the same.
this is how it should be pic.twitter.com/3y7A3lbocJ
— ash (@Ashley142345) March 17, 2018
Now it’s really fixed pic.twitter.com/T0WqThFZz9
— big tuna (@SpamBeesly) March 16, 2018
Or you can only use the Chum Bucket to really make a point.
— remi fuxaplenti (@radremingtin) March 16, 2018
And someone took the meme to its obvious conclusion:
March is not over yet, and we’ve already seen two new SpongeBob memes. Will we see another one a couple of weeks from now? Considering the internet’s fondness for the animated TV show, it’s possible!
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.