- A fake Labour party website is spreading disinformation in Britain Thursday 6:16 PM
- Twitter bans cricket club for posting ISIS content in apparent hack Thursday 6:12 PM
- This dad remade his daughter’s NSFW photo—and people are loving it Thursday 5:51 PM
- Teen allegedly posted ‘slave for sale’ Craigslist ad featuring his Black classmate Thursday 5:28 PM
- People are crushed that this teen love story might be a TikTok ‘joke’ Thursday 4:50 PM
- Is Jacob Wohl evading his Twitter ban with Jack Burkman’s account? Thursday 2:06 PM
- Biden’s most perplexing debate answers, explained Thursday 2:03 PM
- How to stream Colts vs. Texans on Thursday Night Football Thursday 12:52 PM
- Netflix drops ‘A Christmas Prince: The Royal Baby’ trailer Thursday 12:43 PM
- Uber says it will audio-record rides to address safety concerns Thursday 12:41 PM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ writers go in-depth on how they decided which superheroes lived and died Thursday 12:22 PM
- How to watch Duke vs. Cal in the 2K Empire classic Thursday 12:09 PM
- Trump’s impeachment notes get riffed into punk songs Thursday 12:01 PM
- Pete Buttigieg can’t do the Pete Buttigieg dance Thursday 11:55 AM
- How a woman’s cold ‘rejection form’ text message became an ’emotional labor’ meme Thursday 11:52 AM
It’s called “Krusty Krab vs. Chum Bucket,” and it’s the perfect way to express your hot take on something being superior to its competition. Like pancakes versus waffles:
the only comparison that matters pic.twitter.com/mMJbfgccFf— aliyah (@aliyahburrell) March 16, 2018
We all know who’s winning.....krusty krab vs chum bucket pic.twitter.com/i4TtkY7n8n— static 👾 (@_spideyified) March 17, 2018
The formula is quite simple. The Krusty Krab restaurant, as even the most casual SpongeBob fan knows, is good, while the Chum Bucket is bad. Once you get the concept, all you need is an opinion and some very basic photo editing skills.
Listen up you Krusty Krab vs Chum Bucket stans. This is not an opinion, it’s a FACT. pic.twitter.com/gAVblRyhkG— Rafael Grande (@iitsRafael) March 18, 2018
you heard me henny. pic.twitter.com/JH99DQcWds— my name frankie ho. (@fraybomb) March 16, 2018
only the real ones know pic.twitter.com/X158MyqGEE— Mauricio (@mowzrr) March 16, 2018
this is the one pic.twitter.com/HRWNcEyyBs— KAM FROM WALDORF (@kameronblount4) March 15, 2018
i’m going to get attacked for this 😳 pic.twitter.com/xYGw5MdgSl— big time rush (@btrarchive) March 17, 2018
If you disagree, all you have to do is reply to the meme with this ready-made Chum Bucket image.
There’s even a response if you think the two things are basically the same.
this is how it should be pic.twitter.com/3y7A3lbocJ— ash (@Ashley142345) March 17, 2018
Now it’s really fixed pic.twitter.com/T0WqThFZz9— big tuna (@SpamBeesly) March 16, 2018
Or you can only use the Chum Bucket to really make a point.
And someone took the meme to its obvious conclusion:
March is not over yet, and we’ve already seen two new SpongeBob memes. Will we see another one a couple of weeks from now? Considering the internet’s fondness for the animated TV show, it’s possible!
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.