- ‘Weathering With You’ blends fantasy and realism in a magical love story Saturday 6:18 PM
- Kidnapped teen used Snapchat to get rescued Saturday 4:35 PM
- What fans do and don’t want to see in future ‘Far Cry’ installments Saturday 4:26 PM
- Aaron Carter accused of stealing lion art for merch Saturday 3:10 PM
- Instagram’s hidden like counts were inspired by a ‘Black Mirror’ episode Saturday 2:06 PM
- Student says they were expelled for tricking teacher into making inappropriate TikTok Saturday 12:26 PM
- Space Force uniforms relentlessly mocked, memed Saturday 10:52 AM
- Man flamed after admitting he called police on Target employee over a toothbrush Saturday 9:10 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Vivir Dos Veces’ searches for a last chance at first love Saturday 8:00 AM
- Camila Cabello must do more about her racist history Saturday 6:00 AM
- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
It’s called “Krusty Krab vs. Chum Bucket,” and it’s the perfect way to express your hot take on something being superior to its competition. Like pancakes versus waffles:
the only comparison that matters pic.twitter.com/mMJbfgccFf— aliyah (@aliyahburrell) March 16, 2018
We all know who’s winning.....krusty krab vs chum bucket pic.twitter.com/i4TtkY7n8n— static 👾 (@_spideyified) March 17, 2018
The formula is quite simple. The Krusty Krab restaurant, as even the most casual SpongeBob fan knows, is good, while the Chum Bucket is bad. Once you get the concept, all you need is an opinion and some very basic photo editing skills.
Listen up you Krusty Krab vs Chum Bucket stans. This is not an opinion, it’s a FACT. pic.twitter.com/gAVblRyhkG— Rafael Grande (@iitsRafael) March 18, 2018
you heard me henny. pic.twitter.com/JH99DQcWds— my name frankie ho. (@fraybomb) March 16, 2018
only the real ones know pic.twitter.com/X158MyqGEE— Mauricio (@mowzrr) March 16, 2018
this is the one pic.twitter.com/HRWNcEyyBs— KAM FROM WALDORF (@kameronblount4) March 15, 2018
i’m going to get attacked for this 😳 pic.twitter.com/xYGw5MdgSl— big time rush (@btrarchive) March 17, 2018
If you disagree, all you have to do is reply to the meme with this ready-made Chum Bucket image.
There’s even a response if you think the two things are basically the same.
this is how it should be pic.twitter.com/3y7A3lbocJ— ash (@Ashley142345) March 17, 2018
Now it’s really fixed pic.twitter.com/T0WqThFZz9— big tuna (@SpamBeesly) March 16, 2018
Or you can only use the Chum Bucket to really make a point.
And someone took the meme to its obvious conclusion:
March is not over yet, and we’ve already seen two new SpongeBob memes. Will we see another one a couple of weeks from now? Considering the internet’s fondness for the animated TV show, it’s possible!
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.