- Fans call out Madonna for edited Eurovision video Tuesday 9:36 PM
- Partnered Twitch streamer temporarily banned for airing troll’s racist message Tuesday 8:45 PM
- Reddit theory says fans are wrong about who won ‘Game of Thrones’ Tuesday 6:52 PM
- Elon Musk hires ‘absolute unit’ sheep meme creator to be Tesla’s social media manager Tuesday 6:12 PM
- Jason Momoa stands by his Khaleesi after the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Tuesday 4:05 PM
- Airbnb, 23andMe partner for creepy heritage travel recommendations Tuesday 3:26 PM
- Rep. Katie Porter goes viral again for trouncing Ben Carson (updated) Tuesday 3:26 PM
- This deepfake takes Bill Hader’s Schwarzenegger impression to the next level Tuesday 2:58 PM
- Wanda Sykes rails against Trump and offers much-needed perspective in ‘Not Normal’ Tuesday 2:41 PM
- Man arrested after allegedly threatening to shoot YouTube employees Tuesday 2:13 PM
- Some House Dems are backing away from the Save the Internet Act Tuesday 1:40 PM
- Thousands sign petition calling for Danny DeVito to play Wolverine Tuesday 1:02 PM
- Jason Mitchell fired from ‘Desperados’ and ‘The Chi’ after misconduct allegations Tuesday 12:36 PM
- Police raid Black woman’s house after white neighbor complains about loud Malcolm X speeches Tuesday 12:20 PM
- ‘Transfixed’ says it’s a ‘breakthrough’ series, but it still fetishizes trans bodies Tuesday 11:04 AM
‘Krusty Krab vs. Chum Bucket’ is the new meme to express your hot take
Yes, it’s another SpongeBob meme.
It’s called “Krusty Krab vs. Chum Bucket,” and it’s the perfect way to express your hot take on something being superior to its competition. Like pancakes versus waffles:
the only comparison that matters pic.twitter.com/mMJbfgccFf
— aliyah (@aliyahburrell) March 16, 2018
We all know who’s winning…..krusty krab vs chum bucket pic.twitter.com/i4TtkY7n8n
— static 👾 (@_spideyified) March 17, 2018
The formula is quite simple. The Krusty Krab restaurant, as even the most casual SpongeBob fan knows, is good, while the Chum Bucket is bad. Once you get the concept, all you need is an opinion and some very basic photo editing skills.
Listen up you Krusty Krab vs Chum Bucket stans. This is not an opinion, it’s a FACT. pic.twitter.com/gAVblRyhkG
— Rafael Grande (@iitsRafael) March 18, 2018
— Mike (@ChiSoxFanMike) March 17, 2018
you heard me henny. pic.twitter.com/JH99DQcWds
— my name frankie ho. (@fraybomb) March 16, 2018
only the real ones know pic.twitter.com/X158MyqGEE
— Mauricio (@mowzrr) March 16, 2018
this is the one pic.twitter.com/HRWNcEyyBs
— KAM FROM WALDORF (@kameronblount4) March 15, 2018
i’m going to get attacked for this 😳 pic.twitter.com/xYGw5MdgSl
— big time rush (@btrarchive) March 17, 2018
If you disagree, all you have to do is reply to the meme with this ready-made Chum Bucket image.
— VINCΞ (@VinnyOVO) March 18, 2018
There’s even a response if you think the two things are basically the same.
this is how it should be pic.twitter.com/3y7A3lbocJ
— ash (@Ashley142345) March 17, 2018
Now it’s really fixed pic.twitter.com/T0WqThFZz9
— big tuna (@SpamBeesly) March 16, 2018
Or you can only use the Chum Bucket to really make a point.
— remi fuxaplenti (@radremingtin) March 16, 2018
And someone took the meme to its obvious conclusion:
March is not over yet, and we’ve already seen two new SpongeBob memes. Will we see another one a couple of weeks from now? Considering the internet’s fondness for the animated TV show, it’s possible!
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.