- ‘Battlestar Galactica’ is getting a reboot from the creator of ‘Mr. Robot’ 1 Year Ago
- Sean Spicer is already alleging judges are out to get him on DWTS Today 8:52 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Jupiter’s Legacy’ loses showrunner halfway through filming Today 7:36 AM
- ‘Disenchantment’ season 2 starts strong but falls into familiar trappings Today 7:00 AM
- Are Ben Shapiro fans organizing against his opponents on Twitter? Today 6:30 AM
- iPhone overloaded? Here’s how to cancel app subscriptions Monday 11:02 PM
- Fan-created ‘app’ lets users experience the final moments of the ill-fated Jeremy Renner app Monday 10:00 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos receives lifetime ban from furry convention Monday 7:49 PM
- Snapchat just made all political ads purchased publicly available Monday 6:12 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Borussia Dortmund in Champions League action Monday 5:39 PM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Napoli in Champions League action Monday 5:19 PM
- How to make real money with Amazon’s Mechanical Turk Monday 5:03 PM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Valencia in the Champions League Monday 4:47 PM
- ‘SNL’ fires Shane Gillis for racist, homophobic comments Monday 4:41 PM
- Ben Shapiro wants accusers to describe Brett Kavanaugh’s penis Monday 4:30 PM
It’s called “Krusty Krab vs. Chum Bucket,” and it’s the perfect way to express your hot take on something being superior to its competition. Like pancakes versus waffles:
the only comparison that matters pic.twitter.com/mMJbfgccFf— aliyah (@aliyahburrell) March 16, 2018
We all know who’s winning.....krusty krab vs chum bucket pic.twitter.com/i4TtkY7n8n— static 👾 (@_spideyified) March 17, 2018
The formula is quite simple. The Krusty Krab restaurant, as even the most casual SpongeBob fan knows, is good, while the Chum Bucket is bad. Once you get the concept, all you need is an opinion and some very basic photo editing skills.
Listen up you Krusty Krab vs Chum Bucket stans. This is not an opinion, it’s a FACT. pic.twitter.com/gAVblRyhkG— Rafael Grande (@iitsRafael) March 18, 2018
you heard me henny. pic.twitter.com/JH99DQcWds— my name frankie ho. (@fraybomb) March 16, 2018
only the real ones know pic.twitter.com/X158MyqGEE— Mauricio (@mowzrr) March 16, 2018
this is the one pic.twitter.com/HRWNcEyyBs— KAM FROM WALDORF (@kameronblount4) March 15, 2018
i’m going to get attacked for this 😳 pic.twitter.com/xYGw5MdgSl— big time rush (@btrarchive) March 17, 2018
If you disagree, all you have to do is reply to the meme with this ready-made Chum Bucket image.
There’s even a response if you think the two things are basically the same.
this is how it should be pic.twitter.com/3y7A3lbocJ— ash (@Ashley142345) March 17, 2018
Now it’s really fixed pic.twitter.com/T0WqThFZz9— big tuna (@SpamBeesly) March 16, 2018
Or you can only use the Chum Bucket to really make a point.
And someone took the meme to its obvious conclusion:
March is not over yet, and we’ve already seen two new SpongeBob memes. Will we see another one a couple of weeks from now? Considering the internet’s fondness for the animated TV show, it’s possible!
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.