- ‘American Dirt’ is a metaphor for a white country built on the back of immigrants 2 Weeks Ago
- This woman told two students to ‘speak English’ and people are not having it Friday 9:53 PM
- Iconic 1968 drag documentary ‘The Queen’ finally released on Netflix Friday 9:29 PM
- This TikTok account for Chancellor Palpatine is hilarious Friday 8:43 PM
- Did the Space Force logo rip off Star Trek? Friday 6:24 PM
- Disabled people with service dogs say Uber, Lyft drivers are denying them rides Friday 3:25 PM
- TikTok teen famous for greasy hair ends her 8-year reign Friday 2:48 PM
- Police handcuff brown man at subway station for carrying a toy gun Friday 1:20 PM
- Fake clip of Sanders quoting infamous ‘hot chip’ tweet is duping people online Friday 1:16 PM
- The Mars Volta’s Cedric Bixler-Zavala alleges Scientologists behind dog’s death Friday 12:46 PM
- Eminem responds to critics: ‘This album was not made for the squeamish’ Friday 12:42 PM
- ‘The poet, the poem’ meme takes iconic lines and turns them into art Friday 12:40 PM
- People are making dark memes about the coronavirus Friday 12:27 PM
- Trump camp’s ‘head on a pike’ impeachment threat hit with memes Friday 11:34 AM
- What is the #FreeBritney movement, and why is Cher tweeting about it? Friday 10:52 AM
Ever the queen of the hustle, Kim Kardashian is promoting her relaunched line of shapewear, Skims (originally branded as “Kimono,” but changed for well, obvious reasons) with a series of “slice of life” type of Instagram posts.
In one photo posted to the Skims account plugging her “Cotton Plunge Bralette and Cotton Rib Briefs,” the aspiring lawyer stands in her kitchen eating what appears to be a bowl of cereal. In another, she casually sits on the floor of her ample walk-in closet wearing a ribbed tank and boxer combo.
However, the photo that really got people talking features Kardashian posing in front of her enormous, glass-doored refrigerator, which … does not appear to have any food in it? The images have since been deleted from her personal Instagram account but can still be found on the Skims account and on Twitter.
You can clearly see several cartons of milk, a beverage dispenser containing what looks like lemonade, and an array of sparkling and still waters in the adjoining refrigerator.
But, again, no actual food to speak of.
Anyone who has ever tuned into an episode of Keeping Up with the Kardashians is probably well aware that Kim and her sisters seem to sustain entirely on those takeout salads they’re always chawing on. But like, don’t Kim and Kanye have literally four children now? And kids need more than just milk and salads!
Perhaps this is why Kim Kardashian’s mentions (and Instagram comments, before the post was removed) focused more on the lack of food in her fridge than her stylish and comfortable leisurewear.
“Y’all eat air too?? ‘Coz I see no food in that fridge ma’am,” quipped one user. “I see nothing in that fridge that reflects a family with 4 kids haha! I just cant relate,” added another. “Sorry.”
Yall eat air too??coz I see no food in that fridge ma’am— on the budget MoM📌 (@The_real_shoki) January 7, 2020
I see nothing in that fridge that reflects a family with 4 kids haha! I just cant relate. Sorry— denise bailey (@dmibailey) January 7, 2020
Holy crap your fridge is completely empty pic.twitter.com/Rvvgo71bUd— Kellie Stbernard (@KellieStbernard) January 7, 2020
Another user posited a fair question for Mrs. Kim Kardashian West. “Is that a fridge fridge or just a spare one for milk,” asked @Saint_Truth.
Is that a fridge fridge or just a spare one for milk— AngyPants (@Saint__Truth) January 7, 2020
Heck, if you and your spouse were worth a combined hundreds of millions of dollars, you just might damn well have a milk fridge, too!
So if that’s the case, you’ll find no judgments against Kim Kardashian, here. Let they who wouldn’t want a dang milk fridge cast the first stone.
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.