- Fan uncovers ‘Westworld’ trailers hidden on fictional company’s website Sunday 8:18 PM
- This trending Twitter hashtag is a lot less sexy than you think Sunday 7:23 PM
- TikTok users share life-changing realizations they’ve had while in the shower Sunday 7:04 PM
- People are torn over viral TikTok of girl cleaning friend’s room Sunday 4:01 PM
- Did Pete Buttigieg seriously just rip-off a famous Obama speech? Sunday 2:50 PM
- The most dangerous TikTok challenges we’ve seen—so far Sunday 2:22 PM
- PewDiePie wants Bernie Sanders to host meme review Sunday 1:44 PM
- Hilary Duff records confrontation with ‘creep’ taking photos of kids Sunday 1:08 PM
- BTS may have used Twitch streamer’s voice in song without permission Sunday 12:15 PM
- Gigi Hadid absolutely obliterates Jake Paul over Zayn Malik diss Sunday 10:26 AM
- People really want Chris Matthews fired after he compared Sanders’ Nevada win to Nazi invasion of France Sunday 9:35 AM
- Bernie Sanders wins Nevada Caucuses Saturday 6:54 PM
- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada Saturday 5:20 PM
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Saturday 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Saturday 3:44 PM
People who say Kim Kardashian West has no talent will soon have to find a new reason to hate, because the reality star just announced that she’s studying to become a criminal justice lawyer. Bible!
In California, you can opt out of law school and instead do a four-year apprenticeship with a lawyer or judge before taking the bar exam. Kim told Vogue that she is studying 18 hours a week for the bar, which she plans to take in 2022.
“The reading is what really gets me. It’s so time-consuming,” Kardashian said. “The concepts I grasp in two seconds.”
The internet jury cannot agree on how to feel about the news.
Some find the whole thing hilarious.
Kim Kardashian showing up to her bar exam pic.twitter.com/5GpUw5JQob— Chicks in the Office (@ChicksInTheOff) April 10, 2019
The judge when you walk into the courtroom with Kim Kardashian as your lawyer pic.twitter.com/0E3lqxE4Gu— Pikliz Papi (@so_rudez) April 10, 2019
this is what i thought of when i heard the news of kim kardashian west becoming a lawyer pic.twitter.com/aSjdAGPTfn— ash with luv (@icedgreentaetae) April 10, 2019
is kim kardashian really going to pass the bar before me pic.twitter.com/NfrzLiUPCS— olivia (@itsalivstory) April 10, 2019
Others are being supportive of Kim and her decision to become a lawyer.
“How many of the people mocking this have gotten a person freed from an unjust prison sentence, like Kim Kardashian did?” Vox reporter German Lopez asked on Twitter.
How many of the people mocking this have gotten a person freed from an unjust prison sentence, like Kim Kardashian did? https://t.co/J4cYm7Zw2z— German Lopez (@germanrlopez) April 10, 2019
Kim Kardashian has done a whole more for criminal justice reform than the average member of the Twitterati, so if she is serious about going to law school I say fantastic, thank you.— Robby Soave (@robbysoave) April 10, 2019
Kim kardashian is the baddest bitch. No one compares— Brielle Biermann (@BrielleZolciak) April 10, 2019
Kim Kardashian is studying to become a lawyer? Wow honestly didn't expect that, but given who her father was and her slight interest in prison reform, it's not too surprising. If she's serious about this then s/o to her I can fw that.— big verse energy (@quattlestrology) April 10, 2019
Kardashian has been vocal about her passion for criminal justice reform in the past, from publicly lauding a governor’s decision to halt the execution of hundreds on death row to successfully convincing President Donald Trump to grant clemency to Alice Marie Johnson. Johnson was serving a life sentence for a non-violent, drug-related offense.
Kardashian said it was fighting for Johnson’s freedom that inspired her to take the next steps of becoming a lawyer.
“I’m sitting in the Roosevelt Room with, like, a judge who had sentenced criminals and a lot of really powerful people and I just sat there, like, ‘Oh, shit,'” Kardashian told Vogue. “I need to know more.”
- Kim Kardashian tweets support of governor’s death row decision
- Jay-Z invests in an app to fix the criminal justice system
- The community that made Cyntoia Brown’s clemency possible
H/T BuzzFeed News
Eilish O’Sullivan is the news wire editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in the Austin Chronicle and the Daily Texan.