- Ninja mocked for not knowing how to make a sandwich Wednesday 9:30 PM
- Marvel comics writer discusses misogyny in the industry Wednesday 9:09 PM
- TikTok conspiracy theorists think Juice WRLD is still alive Wednesday 7:03 PM
- Conservatives are protesting YouTube’s new harassment rules Wednesday 5:36 PM
- YouTuber’s ‘creepy’ comment about Taylor Swift’s eggs gets ratioed Wednesday 5:31 PM
- Bloomberg razzed for accidentally making an Alexa Fleshlight Wednesday 5:29 PM
- Who is putting cowboy hats on pigeons? Wednesday 4:33 PM
- Scammer reportedly bribed Facebook employee to keep posts up Wednesday 3:36 PM
- The 1975’s singer criticized for ‘Islamophobic’ rant Wednesday 3:22 PM
- Ready to dish out $52K for Apple’s new Mac Pro? Wednesday 3:03 PM
- N.K. Jemisin and Jamal Campbell discuss their new Green Lantern comic, ‘Far Sector’ Wednesday 3:00 PM
- YouTube says it will be harsher on creators with ‘patterns of harassing behavior’ Wednesday 1:15 PM
- Why one senator stopped a vote on net neutrality Wednesday 12:49 PM
- Man reportedly denied refugee status after officials fail to forward email Wednesday 12:09 PM
- ‘Jojo Rabbit’ star to lead Disney+ ‘Home Alone’ reboot Wednesday 12:08 PM
While the rest of us were spending our winter break posted up on the couch watching Netflix’s latest films like Black Mirror: Bandersnatch and of course, Bird Box, it seems Kim Kardashian was busy ignoring the internet and her Netflix account.
Last night the reality star tweeted, “Watching BirdBox. I really like it. Who has seen it?”
Watching BirdBox. I really like it. Who has seen it?— Kim Kardashian West (@KimKardashian) January 2, 2019
Netflix said more than 45 million accounts watched the film in seven days, making it a record-breaking debut. Since pretty much every person has seen or at least seen enough memes to feel like they’ve seen the whole movie, people started roasting Kardashian for living under a rock (or blindfold).
Even her pal Chrissy Teigen responded saying, “Kimberly like everyone in the world.”
kimberly like everyone in the entire world— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) January 2, 2019
“All of America Kim,” someone else said.
All of America Kim. https://t.co/uQookiTKvq— Beezie (@beeziebby) January 2, 2019
“Everyone Kim you’re late,” another person responded.
everyone kim you're late https://t.co/6ZYgVq5n6D— C (@guccichai) January 2, 2019
Others used one of the many memes that came from the movie to poke fun at Kardashian.
Kim for the last week.... pic.twitter.com/DSXnSE8cZc— Rhonda Lynn (@frogsgirl2016) January 2, 2019
Kardashian didn’t seem phased by everyone dunking on her. She tweeted a photo doing what she does best, serving looks, a few hours later.
Ready to serve some looks in 2019 pic.twitter.com/0ih76F0MCc— Kim Kardashian West (@KimKardashian) January 2, 2019
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.