- How to clear your search history on Instagram 3 Months Ago
- How to stream the Leagues Cup competition between MLS and Liga MX Today 5:00 AM
- Here’s why you shouldn’t buy a Nintendo Switch until mid-August Monday 5:11 PM
- Man blasted for making his coworkers babysit his child Monday 5:07 PM
- Pete Buttigieg’s country radio interview was blocked from the air Monday 4:35 PM
- 15-year-old Smash Bros. prodigy caught using racist slur in private Discord server Monday 3:47 PM
- Instagram users who post pet pictures more likely to get hacked Monday 3:45 PM
- Post-Prime Day recap: Shipping delays, more sales, and a scam Monday 3:08 PM
- Jacob Wohl returns to Twitter … for now Monday 1:56 PM
- How to stream WWE Raw Reunion Monday 1:35 PM
- ‘I hope Trump deports you’: Woman goes on racist rant to Spanish speakers at a store Monday 1:24 PM
- Emoji Mashup Bot gives life to unidentifiable emotions Monday 1:15 PM
- Notorious grifter Anna Sorokin reportedly blocked from profiting off Netflix series Monday 12:45 PM
- Charlottesville attacker’s Twitter account included praise for Hitler Monday 12:10 PM
- ‘Short Treks’ trailer: Spock, Pike, and Number One return Monday 11:57 AM
Jack Dorsey’s disheveled look becomes a meme on his website
Black hoodie, check. Black beanie that covers ears, check.
Jack Dorsey, the 42-year-old CEO of Twitter, received a lot of attention last week for the revelation of his unusual—and very unhealthy—diet. He says he only eats one meal a day and fasts on weekends. Now Dorsey is being mocked for his disheveled appearance at TED 2019.
On the website that he co-founded, people tuned an image of Dorsey at the Vancouver conference into a meme. Dorsey wore a black beanie that completely covered his ears and a black hoodie. His beard was messy. It’s a look he’s sported several times in public before.
Who does he look like? People compared Dorsey’s look to everything from an It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia character to Brad Pitt cosplay.
Jack Dorsey out here looking like Rickety Cricket from "Always Sunny." pic.twitter.com/SdyyIswlo9— Dan Lavoie (@djlavoie) April 16, 2019
Ohhhh now i see what this look is all about pic.twitter.com/LPgwnysFIA— Dorsey Shaw (@dorseyshaw) April 17, 2019
People also compared Dorsey to Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones characters.
Jack Dorsey looks like Theon Greyjoy after he became Reek. pic.twitter.com/MuImRaSU3u— Adam Best (@adamcbest) April 16, 2019
Not important but Jack Dorsey looks like a Lord of the Rings dwarf who’s trying to convince his friends to stop mining for gold and start investing in Bitcoin pic.twitter.com/oKDMsiSxez— Mike Drucker (@MikeDrucker) April 16, 2019
Is it just me or does Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey look like he just got back from a Game of Thrones' shoot? pic.twitter.com/Eche8JuxqP— S. Vaughan-Nichols (@sjvn) April 16, 2019
And then there’s this excellent Photoshop job:
Writer Ariel Dumas challenged “every single professional woman [to] show up to work dressed like” Dorsey.
FUN CHALLENGE: every single professional woman show up to work dressed like this pic.twitter.com/ffPh8cQz9n— Ariel Dumas (@ArielDumas) April 17, 2019
But if any woman actually showed up to an office dressed like this—or on a stage to talk about their job!—they’d likely be criticized and told to dress more appropriately.
Oh to be a man working in Silicon Valley.
Tiffany Kelly is the Unclick editor at Daily Dot. Previously, she worked at Ars Technica and Wired. Her writing has appeared in several other print and online publications, including the Los Angeles Times, Popular Mechanics, and GQ.