- Riots break out after a fake email about coronavirus went viral Thursday 8:59 PM
- Bloomberg edits debate clip to make other Democratic candidates appear speechless Thursday 7:50 PM
- Dad claims YouTube refuses to remove video of daughter’s murder Thursday 6:36 PM
- Video of Kanye leaving Kim in elevator to carry all their bags has people cackling Thursday 6:19 PM
- Orlando Bloom’s tattoo misspelled son’s name because of Pinterest Thursday 5:35 PM
- The Ahi Challenge is the latest dance taking over TikTok Thursday 4:40 PM
- Show criticized for putting rape victim in blackface to protect her identity Thursday 3:42 PM
- Woman becomes viral sensation after iconic ‘Shallow’ subway video Thursday 2:48 PM
- Prettyboyfredo tried to gift a bullied teen some $30,000 Nikes at school—he got detained Thursday 2:13 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: Wedding bells and blows Thursday 1:50 PM
- A 16-year-old made a ‘meme guide’ to help her dad understand online trends Thursday 1:46 PM
- UCLA drops plans to use facial recognition after student pushback Thursday 1:07 PM
- ‘Star Trek: Picard’ recap, episode 5: ‘Stardust City Rag’ Thursday 12:56 PM
- Roger Stone sentenced to 40 months in prison Thursday 12:45 PM
- New The 1975 music video is full of memes you’ll love Thursday 12:28 PM
As much as we all love videos of animals doing derpy things like the lovable fools they can sometimes be, there’s something just a bit tragic about pet owners tricking their loyal pals into looking ridiculous.
That’s the premise of the Invisible Challenge, a trend going around Twitter in which humans spread clear plastic wrap across a doorway and coax their dogs into running face-first into the invisible wall.
The purpose of the challenge varies between people wanting to embarrass their pups for the views and those who want to see if their dogs might actually be smart enough to figure out how to overcome such an obstacle as…plastic wrap.
This is the best challenge ever pic.twitter.com/l5bngFIgDF— Mayapolarbear (@mayapolarbear) July 2, 2019
And some pups are wising up to the game right away, making their owners look stupid as hell for even attempting to trick them.
Of course, not everyone is amused by the way our four-legged friends are being treated for nothing more than the possibility of going viral. Some are even hoping for some #humanfails as justice for what these brave and noble dogs are having to endure.
Ultimately, the tragic betrayal of man’s best friend is still a series of cute, funny videos of cute, funny animals being cute and funny and it’s hard to look away, no matter how cruel and unnecessary the challenge might be.
Hopefully, every single good dog who has been subjected to this degrading Invisible Challenge experience received a handful of treats and a good belly rub after the fake doorway was finally taken down.
And knowing how quick to forgive dogs can be, it’s probably best this challenge centered around them instead of other critters who are a little better at holding grudges and a lot more devious at exacting their revenge.
For now, anyway…
Rachel Kiley is a writer who sometimes writes things and sometimes is based in L.A., but is definitely always on Twitter @rachelkiley.