- ‘Watchmen’ episode 5: Looking Glass just became one of the most compelling characters Sunday 9:05 PM
- Man allegedly kills girlfriend, then pretends to be her on Facebook Sunday 4:29 PM
- Trevor Lawrence met TikTok teen who looks just like him Sunday 3:48 PM
- Trump’s hospital visit spawns conspiracy theories Sunday 2:49 PM
- ‘SNL’ skit combines Harry Styles, the Popeyes chicken sandwich, and Disney+ Sunday 2:02 PM
- Doctored photo of GOP congresswoman flipping the bird fools critics Sunday 1:05 PM
- Internet scammers taking advantage of Narwhal the ‘unicorn’ rescue puppy Sunday 12:19 PM
- Sunday Night Football: How to stream Bears vs. Rams live Sunday 12:00 PM
- CupcakKe’s month-long ‘water fast’ has fans concerned Sunday 11:24 AM
- Will.i.am claims ‘racist’ flight attendant called police on him Sunday 10:28 AM
- How does Disney+ compare to Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max, and Apple TV+? Sunday 9:35 AM
- How to stream Patriots vs. Eagles live Sunday 9:30 AM
- Girl turns herself into ‘pleading face’ emoji Sunday 9:27 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Lions live Sunday 9:00 AM
- Chaotic good, true neutral: The 2020 Democrat alignment chart Sunday 6:30 AM
As much as we all love videos of animals doing derpy things like the lovable fools they can sometimes be, there’s something just a bit tragic about pet owners tricking their loyal pals into looking ridiculous.
That’s the premise of the Invisible Challenge, a trend going around Twitter in which humans spread clear plastic wrap across a doorway and coax their dogs into running face-first into the invisible wall.
The purpose of the challenge varies between people wanting to embarrass their pups for the views and those who want to see if their dogs might actually be smart enough to figure out how to overcome such an obstacle as…plastic wrap.
This is the best challenge ever pic.twitter.com/l5bngFIgDF— Mayapolarbear (@mayapolarbear) July 2, 2019
And some pups are wising up to the game right away, making their owners look stupid as hell for even attempting to trick them.
Of course, not everyone is amused by the way our four-legged friends are being treated for nothing more than the possibility of going viral. Some are even hoping for some #humanfails as justice for what these brave and noble dogs are having to endure.
Ultimately, the tragic betrayal of man’s best friend is still a series of cute, funny videos of cute, funny animals being cute and funny and it’s hard to look away, no matter how cruel and unnecessary the challenge might be.
Hopefully, every single good dog who has been subjected to this degrading Invisible Challenge experience received a handful of treats and a good belly rub after the fake doorway was finally taken down.
And knowing how quick to forgive dogs can be, it’s probably best this challenge centered around them instead of other critters who are a little better at holding grudges and a lot more devious at exacting their revenge.
For now, anyway…
Rachel Kiley is a writer who sometimes writes things and sometimes is based in L.A., but is definitely always on Twitter @rachelkiley.