- Is Trump defiling the U.S. flag in this MAGA dude’s artwork? Sunday 4:41 PM
- White woman claims she invented sleep bonnets, selling them for $100 Sunday 4:03 PM
- Even real cats are transfixed by the enigma that is the ‘Cats’ trailer Sunday 3:04 PM
- Wait, how tall is Peppa Pig? Sunday 1:55 PM
- Twitter suspends Iranian state media outlets for harassing members of a religious minority Sunday 1:06 PM
- Pro-MAGA pageant queen stripped of title over ‘offensive’ tweets Sunday 11:52 AM
- Marvel unveiled its Phase 4 plans at San Diego Comic-Con Sunday 9:16 AM
- How a queer Instagram is helping fight the opioid epidemic in Appalachia Sunday 6:30 AM
- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
Seriously, just go play fetch with your dog instead.
As much as we all love videos of animals doing derpy things like the lovable fools they can sometimes be, there’s something just a bit tragic about pet owners tricking their loyal pals into looking ridiculous.
That’s the premise of the Invisible Challenge, a trend going around Twitter in which humans spread clear plastic wrap across a doorway and coax their dogs into running face-first into the invisible wall.
The purpose of the challenge varies between people wanting to embarrass their pups for the views and those who want to see if their dogs might actually be smart enough to figure out how to overcome such an obstacle as…plastic wrap.
This is the best challenge ever pic.twitter.com/l5bngFIgDF— Mayapolarbear (@mayapolarbear) July 2, 2019
And some pups are wising up to the game right away, making their owners look stupid as hell for even attempting to trick them.
Of course, not everyone is amused by the way our four-legged friends are being treated for nothing more than the possibility of going viral. Some are even hoping for some #humanfails as justice for what these brave and noble dogs are having to endure.
Ultimately, the tragic betrayal of man’s best friend is still a series of cute, funny videos of cute, funny animals being cute and funny and it’s hard to look away, no matter how cruel and unnecessary the challenge might be.
Hopefully, every single good dog who has been subjected to this degrading Invisible Challenge experience received a handful of treats and a good belly rub after the fake doorway was finally taken down.
And knowing how quick to forgive dogs can be, it’s probably best this challenge centered around them instead of other critters who are a little better at holding grudges and a lot more devious at exacting their revenge.
For now, anyway…
Rachel Kiley is a writer who sometimes writes things and sometimes is based in L.A., but is definitely always on Twitter @rachelkiley.