- Teen allegedly posted ‘slave for sale’ Craigslist ad featuring his Black classmate 10 Months Ago
- People are crushed that this teen love story might be a TikTok ‘joke’ 10 Months Ago
- Is Jacob Wohl evading his Twitter ban with Jack Burkman’s account? Today 2:06 PM
- Biden’s most perplexing debate answers, explained Today 2:03 PM
- How to stream Colts vs. Texans on Thursday Night Football Today 12:52 PM
- Netflix drops ‘A Christmas Prince: The Royal Baby’ trailer Today 12:43 PM
- Uber says it will audio-record rides to address safety concerns Today 12:41 PM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ writers go in-depth on how they decided which superheroes lived and died Today 12:22 PM
- How to watch Duke vs. Cal in the 2K Empire classic Today 12:09 PM
- Trump’s impeachment notes get riffed into punk songs Today 12:01 PM
- Pete Buttigieg can’t do the Pete Buttigieg dance Today 11:55 AM
- How a woman’s cold ‘rejection form’ text message became an ’emotional labor’ meme Today 11:52 AM
- How to watch Texas vs. Georgetown in the 2K Empire classic Today 11:40 AM
- Apple cancels premiere of original film ‘The Banker’ amid sexual abuse allegations Today 11:25 AM
- Congress passes bill to safeguard Hong Kong, protesters Today 11:15 AM
The years come for us all. Often we don’t notice how they’ve changed us, at least until an internet challenge comes along to remind us. A new viral challenge, the #HowDidAgeHitYouChallenge, has taken over Instagram and Twitter, and it is forcing everyone to remember what they looked like a decade ago.
The trend started on Facebook as the “How Hard Did Aging Hit You?” challenge, according to the New York Daily News, then appears to have migrated to other social platforms.
In most cases, people look markedly better in the more recent photos posted in the #HowDidAgeHitYouChallenge. Many people left awkward phases behind and matured into the beautiful, weird, and wonderful people they are today.
As for the rest of them, well, you’ll have to see for yourself.
Each and every one of the posts is priceless. Some are hysterical, like the above photo of self-described “dick enthusiast” Hila The Killa’s miraculous transformation into a shark. Many of the others give us a tiny glimpse into other people’s worlds, showing hints to the journeys they have taken through the years.
#2010 VS #2018.... ME AND RILEY POOH ❤❤❤❤❤ HOW TIME IS FLYING BY FAST 😣😣😣 DADDY LOVES YOU 🌷 #MYWORLD #howdidaginghityouchallenge #BALTIMORE #MARYLAND #DMV #RILEYPOOH #DADDYSGIRL pic.twitter.com/tJSRPyYCGy— Macloving (@MACLOVING89) January 13, 2019
Idk..I think I did quite well for myself. 🤷🏾♀️🧐😘💖🤸🏾♀️👸🏾 #agingchallenge #howdidaginghityou #howdidaginghityouchallenge #TeamForEverYoung #EasyBreezyBeautiful 😍😘💋👄#BlackGirlMagic #blackdontcrack pic.twitter.com/P6FK0Chha8— The Perfect 5th ♥ Psalm 46:5 (@CatSally) January 12, 2019
View this post on Instagram
2007 vs 2018 - #howdidagehityouchallenge - from my first FB profile pic till now... on the surface, Black don’t crack and I’m thankful, but age has hit me in ways you can’t see in this photo. A prime example of how much growth happens behind the scenes. Never confuse the highlight reel with what’s actually real. #staytuned
A post shared by Mara (@tamin462) on
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Morgan Hardy (@morgan__hardy) on
There are also those that don’t appear to have changed at all. Seriously, what kind of moisturizer do these people use?
So sit back, relax, and bask in all the glow-ups.
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.