- Selena Gomez producing docuseries about immigration for Netflix Tuesday 7:11 PM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Shakhtar Donetsk in Champions League action Tuesday 6:14 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos threatens to crash furry convention he is barred from Tuesday 5:54 PM
- How to stream Juventus vs. Atletico Madrid in Champions League action Tuesday 5:52 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. PSG in Champions League action Tuesday 5:24 PM
- No-fly zone implemented over Area 51 ahead of Alienstock festival Tuesday 5:16 PM
- TikTok accused of censoring content about Hong Kong protests Tuesday 5:04 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em, Week 3: At the Bakery Tuesday 4:38 PM
- Alex Trebek says he will be undergoing chemotherapy again Tuesday 4:27 PM
- Dan Crenshaw roasted after attacking Sanders’ call for veteran care Tuesday 4:19 PM
- How to stream NXT for its USA network debut Tuesday 4:12 PM
- This website will show you how AI classifies you Tuesday 3:22 PM
- School tells Black 4-year-old to cut his hair or wear a dress Tuesday 3:17 PM
- Lizzo called a ‘snitch’ for accusing Postmates runner of stealing food Tuesday 2:30 PM
- Government sues Edward Snowden for breaking a non-disclosure agreement Tuesday 2:21 PM
The years come for us all. Often we don’t notice how they’ve changed us, at least until an internet challenge comes along to remind us. A new viral challenge, the #HowDidAgeHitYouChallenge, has taken over Instagram and Twitter, and it is forcing everyone to remember what they looked like a decade ago.
The trend started on Facebook as the “How Hard Did Aging Hit You?” challenge, according to the New York Daily News, then appears to have migrated to other social platforms.
In most cases, people look markedly better in the more recent photos posted in the #HowDidAgeHitYouChallenge. Many people left awkward phases behind and matured into the beautiful, weird, and wonderful people they are today.
As for the rest of them, well, you’ll have to see for yourself.
Each and every one of the posts is priceless. Some are hysterical, like the above photo of self-described “dick enthusiast” Hila The Killa’s miraculous transformation into a shark. Many of the others give us a tiny glimpse into other people’s worlds, showing hints to the journeys they have taken through the years.
#2010 VS #2018.... ME AND RILEY POOH ❤❤❤❤❤ HOW TIME IS FLYING BY FAST 😣😣😣 DADDY LOVES YOU 🌷 #MYWORLD #howdidaginghityouchallenge #BALTIMORE #MARYLAND #DMV #RILEYPOOH #DADDYSGIRL pic.twitter.com/tJSRPyYCGy— Macloving (@MACLOVING89) January 13, 2019
Idk..I think I did quite well for myself. 🤷🏾♀️🧐😘💖🤸🏾♀️👸🏾 #agingchallenge #howdidaginghityou #howdidaginghityouchallenge #TeamForEverYoung #EasyBreezyBeautiful 😍😘💋👄#BlackGirlMagic #blackdontcrack pic.twitter.com/P6FK0Chha8— The Perfect 5th ♥ Psalm 46:5 (@CatSally) January 12, 2019
View this post on Instagram
2007 vs 2018 - #howdidagehityouchallenge - from my first FB profile pic till now... on the surface, Black don’t crack and I’m thankful, but age has hit me in ways you can’t see in this photo. A prime example of how much growth happens behind the scenes. Never confuse the highlight reel with what’s actually real. #staytuned
A post shared by Mara (@tamin462) on
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Morgan Hardy (@morgan__hardy) on
There are also those that don’t appear to have changed at all. Seriously, what kind of moisturizer do these people use?
So sit back, relax, and bask in all the glow-ups.
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.