- Indie game publisher announces Playdate, a console with a hand crank Wednesday 8:18 PM
- How to get The Sims 4 for free Wednesday 7:45 PM
- Trump’s Rose Garden podium sign is the perfect meme canvas Wednesday 7:34 PM
- Forest Whitaker to produce adaptation of novel ‘Hello, Universe’ for Netflix Wednesday 6:58 PM
- Baltimore still refuses to pay hackers who hit city with ransomware Wednesday 5:34 PM
- Net neutrality advocates slam ‘extremely troubling’ letter circulating among some House Dems Wednesday 4:52 PM
- Moms and grandmas are infiltrating TikTok Wednesday 4:35 PM
- Did Britain’s head Brexiter hide in a bus to avoid getting hit by a milkshake? Wednesday 4:26 PM
- This woman who thought she saw a handmaid about to jump from a building is very relieved Wednesday 4:18 PM
- Michael Avenatti allegedly defrauded Stormy Daniels to pay for a Ferrari Wednesday 3:53 PM
- HBO has no plans for an Arya Stark spinoff series Wednesday 3:28 PM
- Republicans and Democrats agree on dangers of facial recognition tech Wednesday 3:18 PM
- Amazon is using video games and ‘swag bucks’ to incentivize workers Wednesday 3:04 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in June Wednesday 2:46 PM
- This Michael Jackson makeup meme is sweeping TikTok Wednesday 2:45 PM
The #HowDidAgeHitYouChallenge is showing the difference 10 years can make
The years come for us all. Often we don’t notice how they’ve changed us, at least until an internet challenge comes along to remind us. A new viral challenge, the #HowDidAgeHitYouChallenge, has taken over Instagram and Twitter, and it is forcing everyone to remember what they looked like a decade ago.
The trend started on Facebook as the “How Hard Did Aging Hit You?” challenge, according to the New York Daily News, then appears to have migrated to other social platforms.
In most cases, people look markedly better in the more recent photos posted in the #HowDidAgeHitYouChallenge. Many people left awkward phases behind and matured into the beautiful, weird, and wonderful people they are today.
As for the rest of them, well, you’ll have to see for yourself.
— Jaime Guzman (@Aztech2011) January 13, 2019
Each and every one of the posts is priceless. Some are hysterical, like the above photo of self-described “dick enthusiast” Hila The Killa’s miraculous transformation into a shark. Many of the others give us a tiny glimpse into other people’s worlds, showing hints to the journeys they have taken through the years.
#2010 VS #2018…. ME AND RILEY POOH ❤❤❤❤❤ HOW TIME IS FLYING BY FAST 😣😣😣 DADDY LOVES YOU 🌷 #MYWORLD #howdidaginghityouchallenge #BALTIMORE #MARYLAND #DMV #RILEYPOOH #DADDYSGIRL pic.twitter.com/tJSRPyYCGy
— Macloving (@MACLOVING89) January 13, 2019
Idk..I think I did quite well for myself. 🤷🏾♀️🧐😘💖🤸🏾♀️👸🏾 #agingchallenge #howdidaginghityou #howdidaginghityouchallenge #TeamForEverYoung #EasyBreezyBeautiful 😍😘💋👄#BlackGirlMagic #blackdontcrack pic.twitter.com/P6FK0Chha8
— The Perfect 5th ♥ Psalm 46:5 (@CatSally) January 12, 2019
View this post on Instagram
2007 vs 2018 – #howdidagehityouchallenge – from my first FB profile pic till now… on the surface, Black don’t crack and I’m thankful, but age has hit me in ways you can’t see in this photo. A prime example of how much growth happens behind the scenes. Never confuse the highlight reel with what’s actually real. #staytuned
A post shared by Mara (@tamin462) on
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Morgan Hardy (@morgan__hardy) on
There are also those that don’t appear to have changed at all. Seriously, what kind of moisturizer do these people use?
— Sir Dev (@DBoyRocka) January 13, 2019
So sit back, relax, and bask in all the glow-ups.
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.