- Devin Nunes’ lawsuit with Twitter over parody accounts inspires more parody accounts Tuesday 7:53 PM
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez posts SpongeBob meme to diss Green New Deal adversaries Tuesday 7:23 PM
- Twitter blasts Benny Johnson over heinous Native American ‘socialist’ reservations take Tuesday 6:16 PM
- New Zealand arrests 2 for sharing video of mosque shooting Tuesday 4:44 PM
- ‘Queer Eye’ season 3 serves more frothy fun and cathartic realness Tuesday 4:30 PM
- Everyone is roasting this photo of Kourtney Kardashian in a bubble bath Tuesday 4:15 PM
- White House report has a lot of superheroes listed as interns Tuesday 4:06 PM
- Google to launch ‘Stadia’ cloud gaming service this year Tuesday 3:55 PM
- Amy Schumer addresses her ‘Growing’ pains in new Netflix special Tuesday 2:04 PM
- This Bitcoin tie is everyone’s favorite part of the Theranos documentary Tuesday 1:56 PM
- Trump’s social media guru gets suspended on Facebook Tuesday 1:51 PM
- YouTube time traveler says he saw a dinosaur—in the future Tuesday 1:47 PM
- Why is Netflix changing the viewing order for ‘Love, Death & Robots’? Tuesday 12:47 PM
- Elizabeth Holmes’ deep voice captivates and confuses the internet Tuesday 12:40 PM
- These cat purses have everything you need (including balls) Tuesday 12:22 PM
The #HowDidAgeHitYouChallenge is showing the difference 10 years can make
The years come for us all. Often we don’t notice how they’ve changed us, at least until an internet challenge comes along to remind us. A new viral challenge, the #HowDidAgeHitYouChallenge, has taken over Instagram and Twitter, and it is forcing everyone to remember what they looked like a decade ago.
The trend started on Facebook as the “How Hard Did Aging Hit You?” challenge, according to the New York Daily News, then appears to have migrated to other social platforms.
In most cases, people look markedly better in the more recent photos posted in the #HowDidAgeHitYouChallenge. Many people left awkward phases behind and matured into the beautiful, weird, and wonderful people they are today.
As for the rest of them, well, you’ll have to see for yourself.
— Jaime Guzman (@Aztech2011) January 13, 2019
Each and every one of the posts is priceless. Some are hysterical, like the above photo of self-described “dick enthusiast” Hila The Killa’s miraculous transformation into a shark. Many of the others give us a tiny glimpse into other people’s worlds, showing hints to the journeys they have taken through the years.
#2010 VS #2018…. ME AND RILEY POOH ❤❤❤❤❤ HOW TIME IS FLYING BY FAST 😣😣😣 DADDY LOVES YOU 🌷 #MYWORLD #howdidaginghityouchallenge #BALTIMORE #MARYLAND #DMV #RILEYPOOH #DADDYSGIRL pic.twitter.com/tJSRPyYCGy
— Macloving (@MACLOVING89) January 13, 2019
Idk..I think I did quite well for myself. 🤷🏾♀️🧐😘💖🤸🏾♀️👸🏾 #agingchallenge #howdidaginghityou #howdidaginghityouchallenge #TeamForEverYoung #EasyBreezyBeautiful 😍😘💋👄#BlackGirlMagic #blackdontcrack pic.twitter.com/P6FK0Chha8
— The Perfect 5th ♥ Psalm 46:5 (@CatSally) January 12, 2019
View this post on Instagram
2007 vs 2018 – #howdidagehityouchallenge – from my first FB profile pic till now… on the surface, Black don’t crack and I’m thankful, but age has hit me in ways you can’t see in this photo. A prime example of how much growth happens behind the scenes. Never confuse the highlight reel with what’s actually real. #staytuned
A post shared by Mara (@tamin462) on
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Morgan Hardy (@morgan__hardy) on
There are also those that don’t appear to have changed at all. Seriously, what kind of moisturizer do these people use?
— Dev (@DBoyRocka) January 13, 2019
So sit back, relax, and bask in all the glow-ups.
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.