- Seth Rogen is making a movie about a deadly meme 1 Year Ago
- Ring should be shut down ‘immediately,’ Amazon engineer warns 1 Year Ago
- Joe Biden wants his own Bernie Bros Today 8:57 AM
- Twitch star Adept shares heartwarming story about meeting Kobe Bryant Today 8:44 AM
- ‘Promising Young Woman’ unravels the complexities of a revenge fantasy Today 8:35 AM
- Review: ‘Next in Fashion’ is Netflix’s latest attempt at reality TV Today 7:00 AM
- What is Byte, and can it really compete with TikTok? Today 7:00 AM
- Migrants are under social media surveillance—and that’s a problem for everyone Today 6:00 AM
- Gabrielle Union deserves better from Terry Crews Tuesday 11:12 PM
- T.I. publicly apologizes to daughters after Kobe Bryant’s death Tuesday 8:46 PM
- ‘Squash the boss’: Labor union seemingly unknowingly posted furry fetish art Tuesday 8:04 PM
- TikTok user pretending to be lab technician who has contracted coronavirus Tuesday 7:08 PM
- Caroline Calloway says she plans to campaign for Bernie Sanders Tuesday 6:23 PM
- Justin Bieber, Snoop Dogg, millions of others sign petition to make Kobe Bryant new NBA logo Tuesday 5:39 PM
- No, Lana Del Rey did not cry because Billie Eilish won album of the year Tuesday 4:48 PM
Amazon founder Jeff Bezos announced on Wednesday that he and his wife, MacKenzie Bezos, were divorcing after 25 years of marriage and four children together, in a joint statement on Twitter. The pair met in 1993 when Bezos interviewed her at the New York City investment management firm where worked at the time, and the two were married just months after they began dating.
A Princeton graduate and successful author in her own right, MacKenzie was said to have been instrumental in helping Jeff found Amazon from a garage in Seattle, where they later moved.
Bezos has since been linked to media personality and entertainment reporter Lauren Sánchez, whom he was spotted with at Amazon’s Golden Globes after party following Sunday night’s ceremony. People reports that the two have been “thick as thieves” in the months leading up to Bezos’ divorce, as evidenced by some very telling leaked text messages the billionaire has allegedly been sending his new boo.
“I love you, alive girl. I will show you with my body, and my lips and my eyes, very soon,” the billionaire reportedly wrote to the former So You Think You Can Dance host. “I want to smell you, I want to breathe you in. I want to hold you tight.… I want to kiss your lips…. I love you. I am in love with you,” he was said to have expressed in another exchange.
Yet, in lieu of this revelation that Bezos is, uh, seemingly less skilled at the art of seduction than he is at building multi-billion dollar empires, it still stands that he is literally the richest man in the world—and that fact has not been lost on people.
As such, the hashtag #JeffBezosPickMeDaddyChallenge has begun trending on Twitter, by those thirsting to be the next Mrs. (or Mr., since the majority of the suitors appear to be dudes) Jeff Bezos.
As they say, whatever floats your boat … or in this case, phallic-looking rocket ship.
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.