- Fortnite leak reveals a ‘Batman’ crossover event may be happening 2 Years Ago
- The explosion at a bull semen factory generated a lot of obvious jokes Today 4:33 PM
- Jessica Jaymes, adult film star, dead at 43 Today 4:18 PM
- How to stream Falcons vs. Colts in Week 3 Today 4:05 PM
- Beto O’Rourke says he opposes police use of facial recognition tech Today 4:01 PM
- Lawsuit alleges woman was kidnapped by Lyft driver and gang-raped Today 3:19 PM
- Facebook and Ray-Ban want to replace smartphones with smart glasses Today 3:13 PM
- Sirfetch’d is the gallant new Pokémon winning everyone’s heart Today 3:09 PM
- Danielle Cohn’s dad says she’s not really 15 years old Today 2:14 PM
- Chilling ad by Sandy Hook Promise features kids using school supplies during a shooting Today 1:50 PM
- Don’t fall victim to this Venmo texting scam Today 1:18 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in October 2019 Today 12:55 PM
- Marvel just turned Goldballs into one of the most powerful X-Men Today 12:33 PM
- Every house in ‘Skyrim’ and how to get them all Today 12:28 PM
- How to stream all the Week 3 NFL action Today 12:14 PM
In the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey, we’ve seen images of hope and charity amid the tragedy. Whether it’s celebrities like Kevin Hart donating $50,000, or just a guy bringing a reporter a six-pack of beer, people are stepping up to help out however they can.
But one image that’s gone viral has people a bit more confused. While many grocery stores aren’t even open, and the ones that are are running low on any number of items, it seems like vegan meat substitutes still aren’t an option for most Texans.
"You have a choice Houston, starve to death...or eat vegan."— Matt Oswalt (@MattOswaltVA) September 2, 2017
(ENTIRE CITY OF HOUSTON TAKES A BIG SWIG OF WHISKY)
"I'll see you in hell." pic.twitter.com/zAN2KoPHCo
But people have pointed out that there are other factors at work that might explain the photo.
perfect pic.twitter.com/Sc5CEHXP5W— Matt Oswalt (@MattOswaltVA) September 3, 2017
the vegetarians were smart and just left town— olen holm (@olen) September 2, 2017
Someone even pointed out that meat might have played a role in the storm’s origin.
Given the high-protein content of vegan meat substitutes, it does seem somewhat surprising to see so many left on the shelves. Without more information, it’s pretty much impossible to say for sure why those tofu dogs are still there, so maybe it’s better to just let the subject drop.
Besides, there are bigger mysteries to solve.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.