- GPS app gave hacker ability to remotely shut off car engines Today 3:58 PM
- Scott Walker wore jeans for sexual assault awareness, and Twitter is reminding him of his misogynist past Today 3:24 PM
- Hacked Lime scooters make sexual comments to riders Today 3:03 PM
- ‘Bonding’ squanders its potential with weak jokes and limp structure Today 2:49 PM
- The safest place for ‘Game of Thrones’ memes is in the crypts Today 2:23 PM
- Report: Fortnite developer Epic Games is working employees into the ground Today 1:57 PM
- Damian Lillard’s game-winning 3-pointer inspired a plethora of memes Today 12:17 PM
- Gamers are blaming socialism for making the women in Mortal Kombat ‘ugly’ Today 11:36 AM
- Nickelodeon is selling SpongeBob toys based on popular memes Today 11:25 AM
- Alex Jones protests outside the White House by shouting the name of his website Today 11:13 AM
- ‘I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson’ has an absurd conclusion for every scenario Today 10:52 AM
- Twitch star TF Blade banned for racial slur—but he swears he didn’t say it Today 10:43 AM
- Steve King says backlash to white nationalism comment was like what Jesus went through Today 10:23 AM
- Netflix movies are still eligible for Oscars, Academy rules Today 10:21 AM
- Sheriff’s deputy makes homophobic comments on Facebook after gay teen’s suicide Today 10:02 AM
This guy predicted Hillary Clinton’s hot sauce obsession months ago
Clinton’s news wasn’t a surprise to everyone.
There’s one thing that Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton has on her at all times, especially on the campaign trail: hot sauce. But what’s even more surprising than the former Secretary of State’s secret food obsession is the fact that someone predicted this two months ago.
@MeechOnMars is a viral sensation, with more than 90,000 YouTube subscribers, 107,000 Twitter followers, and 1.6 Vine million followers. He’s also the one person who just knew Clinton would inevitably state her ride-or-die allegiance to hot sauce.
Granted, the presidential hopeful has spoken about her love for hot sauce (and chilies) on numerous occasions, so it’s not too surprising that she would eventually talk about it again. But there is a political strategy at work here, considering that Clinton brought this up when in an appearance on 105.1 FM’s The Breakfast Club, one of New York’s most popular hip-hop and R&B stations.
Clinton is also a known fan of Beyoncé (and vice-versa), and as we all know, Queen B doesn’t go anywhere without some hot sauce in her bag, too.
Regardless, kudos to MeechOnMars for knowing one of Clinton’s food rituals before anybody else.
Elijah Watson is an internet culture and entertainment reporter. His work has been published by the Daily Beast, Vice, Complex, Bustle, Uproxx, and Okayplayer.