- Kevin Smith announces a He-Man reboot for Netflix 3 Years Ago
- Kellyanne Conway brushes off recession fears, calls it ‘Sesame Street word of the day’ 3 Years Ago
- Conservatives are livid the New York Times is writing articles about slavery 3 Years Ago
- Iceland holds funeral for first glacier to melt Today 10:44 AM
- Nonprofit fanfiction database Archive of Our Own wins a Hugo Today 9:59 AM
- Dan Carlin’s ‘War Remains’ is a stunning VR pop-up Today 9:27 AM
- Your wireless data is probably being throttled, study finds Today 9:25 AM
- Mike Judge’s dystopian comedy ‘Idiocracy’ is now streaming on Netflix Today 8:00 AM
- The 2020 Democratic presidential candidates as La Croix flavors Today 7:00 AM
- Crowdsourcing mental healthcare with 7 Cups Today 7:00 AM
- How to unlock hidden filters and effects for Instagram Stories Today 6:00 AM
- In season 2, ‘Succession’ has quietly become one of the best shows on TV Sunday 9:10 PM
- Alexa Demie shares the beauty inspiration behind ‘Euphoria’s’ Maddy Sunday 5:47 PM
- Fans just discovered Lizzo’s old YouTube channel–and it’s full of gems Sunday 4:22 PM
- The ‘Final Destination’ movies are now streaming on Hulu Sunday 2:44 PM
There’s one thing that Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton has on her at all times, especially on the campaign trail: hot sauce. But what’s even more surprising than the former Secretary of State’s secret food obsession is the fact that someone predicted this two months ago.
@MeechOnMars is a viral sensation, with more than 90,000 YouTube subscribers, 107,000 Twitter followers, and 1.6 Vine million followers. He’s also the one person who just knew Clinton would inevitably state her ride-or-die allegiance to hot sauce.
Granted, the presidential hopeful has spoken about her love for hot sauce (and chilies) on numerous occasions, so it’s not too surprising that she would eventually talk about it again. But there is a political strategy at work here, considering that Clinton brought this up when in an appearance on 105.1 FM’s The Breakfast Club, one of New York’s most popular hip-hop and R&B stations.
Clinton is also a known fan of Beyoncé (and vice-versa), and as we all know, Queen B doesn’t go anywhere without some hot sauce in her bag, too.
Regardless, kudos to MeechOnMars for knowing one of Clinton’s food rituals before anybody else.
Elijah Watson is an internet culture and entertainment reporter. His work has been published by the Daily Beast, Vice, Complex, Bustle, Uproxx, and Okayplayer.