- Instagram has mixed feelings about Mindy Kaling supporting Aziz Ansari Saturday 5:02 PM
- Donald Trump keeps pushing his unsubstantiated voter fraud claims Saturday 4:09 PM
- Report: YouTube will no longer run ads on anti-vax channels Saturday 2:54 PM
- Microsoft employees want to cancel a $479 million contract with the U.S. military Saturday 1:14 PM
- Queso recipe gets launched to space Saturday 10:09 AM
- ‘Isabelle Facts’ was a wholesome queer meme account—until harassers showed up Saturday 8:28 AM
- 2016 election stories the ‘Newsroom’ reboot will cover Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Brandon Rios vs. Humberto Soto for free Saturday 6:00 AM
- ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ heads to ‘Bly Manor’ for next installment Saturday 5:45 AM
- How to stream James DeGale vs. Chris Eubank Jr. for free Saturday 5:30 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 145 in Prague for free Saturday 5:00 AM
- R. Kelly charged in Chicago with multiple counts of sex abuse Friday 7:51 PM
- Elon Musk finally hosts PewDiePie’s meme review Friday 6:27 PM
- Netflix throws ‘Umbrella Academy’-themed wedding for fans Friday 4:54 PM
- Report: Facebook collects app data on users’ body weight, menstrual cycles Friday 3:38 PM
This guy predicted Hillary Clinton’s hot sauce obsession months ago
Clinton’s news wasn’t a surprise to everyone.
There’s one thing that Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton has on her at all times, especially on the campaign trail: hot sauce. But what’s even more surprising than the former Secretary of State’s secret food obsession is the fact that someone predicted this two months ago.
@MeechOnMars is a viral sensation, with more than 90,000 YouTube subscribers, 107,000 Twitter followers, and 1.6 Vine million followers. He’s also the one person who just knew Clinton would inevitably state her ride-or-die allegiance to hot sauce.
Granted, the presidential hopeful has spoken about her love for hot sauce (and chilies) on numerous occasions, so it’s not too surprising that she would eventually talk about it again. But there is a political strategy at work here, considering that Clinton brought this up when in an appearance on 105.1 FM’s The Breakfast Club, one of New York’s most popular hip-hop and R&B stations.
Clinton is also a known fan of Beyoncé (and vice-versa), and as we all know, Queen B doesn’t go anywhere without some hot sauce in her bag, too.
Regardless, kudos to MeechOnMars for knowing one of Clinton’s food rituals before anybody else.
Elijah Watson is an internet culture and entertainment reporter. His work has been published by the Daily Beast, Vice, Complex, Bustle, Uproxx, and Okayplayer.