- Review: ‘The Invisible Man’ reboot is thrilling but basic 1 Month Ago
- Sex workers speak out after OnlyFans leak 1 Month Ago
- Normani addresses Camila Cabello’s racist social media posts 1 Month Ago
- Mike Huckabee’s defense of Trump’s coronavirus response will make you nauseous Today 12:06 PM
- Gmail’s email filtering may affect what candidate emails you are seeing Today 11:08 AM
- Woman shares aftermath of domestic abuse: ‘This is only to raise awareness’ Today 10:40 AM
- Skai Jackson gets restraining order against Bhad Bhabie after death threat Today 10:19 AM
- Taylor Swift shades Scooter Braun in ‘The Man’ video Today 10:15 AM
- Porn stars are lining up behind Bernie Sanders Today 10:10 AM
- YouTube mom says she ‘beat’ her 2-year-old daughter for ruining her makeup kit Today 10:02 AM
- Ajit Pai’s net neutrality victory lap comes as his own repeal is under review Today 9:20 AM
- Alissa Violet is in Italy—and fans are worried she’ll get coronavirus Today 9:19 AM
- Bernie or Barry? Garth Brooks’ Sanders jersey sparks online panic Today 8:42 AM
- Netflix series ‘Followers’ is a visual treat—but lacks a clear narrative Today 6:00 AM
- Influencer got trapped under ice for TikTok clout, ‘came close to dying’ Thursday 7:59 PM
Harry Styles has a twin, and he works at Starbucks.
The employee was discovered by a car full of teens, who shared the experience via TikTok. There, the video has racked up more than 262,000 likes and nearly 2,000 comments from stunned fans. The video prompted the internet to briefly come together, joined in its search for the Styles lookalike.
The short video shows the lookalike, whose name is Sean according to his name tag, simply performing his job. The teens in the car, obviously blown away by his resemblance to Styles, can hardly contain themselves in the video. “Are you Harry Styles,” one of them asks. Just after, the driver informs Sean that he resembles the 25-year-old musician, to which Sean simply replies “thanks.”
brooo they really went “are you harry styles” i can’t 😭😭😭 pic.twitter.com/AUsxvu7iQJ— anna (@90lwts) January 19, 2020
User @fridasakaj posted the video to TikTok, and in no time it was picked up by users all over the web. After Twitter user @90lwts shared it—earning the post nearly 11,000 likes and 1,500 retweets—the hunt for Sean, Harry’s long-lost twin, began in earnest. People from all over flocked to the post, searching for the Starbucks in the video.
imagine being so attractive that strangers on the internet are going to the extent just to find your social media @ 😭— nina ☁️ (@ninabubblygum) January 19, 2020
One of the teens in the video, Colin Cardwell, even responded to @90lwts Twitter post and was quickly pounced on by thirsty users questioning after the Starbucks location. He did not share the location.
WHERE WAS THE STARBUCKS— bri ⁷ (@PCHVINYL) January 20, 2020
A wave of people flooded the post, hunting for Sean and his Starbucks. When many of them realized they may never meet Harry’s lookalike in person, they instead began hunting for his online profiles.
The Twitter user who shared the video did, ultimately, manage to track down Sean’s online presence. They did not share it with the other eager Styles fans. “FOUND MANS @ FINALLY LMAO,” they wrote.
FOUND MANS @ FINALLY LMAO— anna (@90lwts) January 20, 2020
Despite the overwhelming consensus that Sean is cute as all get-out, not everyone thinks he looks like Styles. Several other comparisons were drawn, but the majority of people agreed that if he doesn’t look like Styles, he definitely looks like Dylan O’Brien from the Maze Runner films.
If Harry Styles and Dylan O'Brien had a child, that's how he would look like— A♒ (@xalexhaikx) January 19, 2020
@chels_271 son of Harry Styles and Dylan o brien🤩— AiMi (@sumaiya_aimi) January 19, 2020
One user even saw Evan Peters from American Horror Story in Sean’s beautiful face.
I see Evan Peters— junky (@Torix_xoxo) January 21, 2020
Many people are still hunting for Sean’s online profiles, but at least a few have managed to track him down. Whether or not he’s ready for it, chances are good that this Starbucks employee’s follower count is about to skyrocket.
NOW HEAR THIS:
How the Teens of TikTok Are Finding Empowerment
Introducing 2 GIRLS 1 PODCAST, a weekly comedy show where Alli Goldberg and Jen Jamula (two actors who perform bizarre internet content on stage) have hilarious and humanizing conversations with Bronies, top Reddit mods, professional ticklers, video game archaeologists, dating app engineers, adult babies, cuddling specialists, vampires, Jedi, living dolls, and more.
Subscribe to 2 GIRLS 1 PODCAST in your favorite podcast app.
- Pediatrician gets death threats after pro-vaccine TikTok video
- No, the first words of Trump’s tweets don’t match up to lyrics of ‘Break My Stride’
- Actress slammed for ‘acid attack-face’ TikTok challenge
H/T Capital FM
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.