- How to survive and thrive in Metro Exodus 1 Year Ago
- How to stream ‘Survivor’ for free 1 Year Ago
- The simple way to connect Apple TV and HomePod Today 5:00 AM
- How to watch Juventus vs. Atletico Madrid online for free Today 5:00 AM
- Black man films ‘Crosswalk Cathy’ yelling racist slurs at him Tuesday 6:47 PM
- Guerrilla artists turn John Oliver billboard ad into right-wing meme Tuesday 4:20 PM
- Netflix lines up unnecessarily good cast for ‘Green Eggs and Ham’ Tuesday 3:48 PM
- Netflix drops trailer for Mötley Crüe biopic ‘The Dirt’—and the cast is wild Tuesday 3:41 PM
- QAnon’s repetitive posts are alienating even his most ardent supporters Tuesday 3:36 PM
- Noah Cyrus cries on Instagram after Lil Xan’s baby announcement Tuesday 2:26 PM
- The ‘Well yes, but actually no’ meme is here to help you explain things Tuesday 12:07 PM
- Judge orders Roger Stone to appear in court after his Instagram post Tuesday 11:24 AM
- I worked with the migrant caravan—and Trump is the cause of his national emergency Tuesday 11:09 AM
- How to watch Liverpool vs. Bayern Munich online for free Tuesday 11:08 AM
- ‘Patriot Act’ volume 2 proves Hasan Minhaj is the next big star of the news-comedy genre Tuesday 11:01 AM
Harry Styles steps in for James Corden after ‘Late Late Show’ host’s wife goes into labor
Corden was pulled from the studio unexpectedly Tuesday for an exciting reason: His wife had gone into labor with the couple’s third child. Luckily, Styles had just made an appearance on the show Monday and still happened to be in Los Angeles. So, with two-and-a-half hours’ notice, the pop star was able to drive across town, throw on a blazer, and give America the 30 minutes of upbeat comedy it craved.
He did a full monologue, interviewed guests Joel Edgerton, Jane Krakowski, and Owen Wilson, and introduced a musical performance from Seal, all with his signature pop star cool. The studio audience seemed surprised to say the least:
Corden announced his daughter’s birth and thanked Styles for filling in on Twitter Tuesday evening:
Today we welcomed a beautiful baby daughter into the world. Both she and her mother are doing great. We can’t stop smiling. Thank you Harry for stepping in to host the show at 2 and a half hours notice! x x x
— James Corden (@JKCorden) December 13, 2017
This wasn’t Styles’ first time in a late-night host’s chair. Earlier this year he “killed” Jimmy Fallon to take over the Tonight Show.
“I want you to know that I, of course, realize that this is James’ show,” Styles joked during the monologue. “It’s his show, and this is a one-time-only, one-time thing. Unless CBS likes what they see.”
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.