- Don’t fall victim to this Venmo texting scam 3 Years Ago
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in October 2019 3 Years Ago
- Marvel just turned Goldballs into one of the most powerful X-Men 3 Years Ago
- Every house in ‘Skyrim’ and how to get them all Today 12:28 PM
- How to stream all the Week 3 NFL action Today 12:14 PM
- Taylor Swift has some thoughts on the end of ‘Game of Thrones’ Today 12:14 PM
- Notre Dame, Georgia, and how to stream college football’s must-watch Week 4 Today 11:52 AM
- Prominent Democratic donor Ed Buck charged with running drug house tied to fatal overdoses Today 11:45 AM
- Merriam-Webster recognizes use of singular ‘they’ for nonbinary people Today 11:39 AM
- VSCO dogs are here, and they’re just barely putting up with it Today 11:38 AM
- Everything you need to know about Juul batteries Today 11:26 AM
- Trump is trying to use Beto as a scapegoat for inaction on gun control Today 11:18 AM
- Instagram influencer says her account was banned over ‘sexual’ pregnancy photo Today 10:23 AM
- YouTube time traveler emotionally describes floating cities in the year 2300 Today 10:15 AM
- Trump’s former campaign manager admits to lying to the media—gets CNN appearance Today 10:15 AM
When an eBay user decided to have a little fun by uploading a Hot Cheeto that looked somewhat like a gorilla who maybe looked somewhat like Harambe, they probably had no idea it would become the top news story for a week freakin’ straight.
But dang if this little puffed snack hasn’t dominated the news cycle.
But we can now say the saga is officially over, thanks to Jimmy Kimmel.
He tracked down the man who made the winning bid and ended it all with a quick punch and a swift chomp.
Yes, this is (probably) not real, but it is nonetheless pleasurable to watch.
We want to punch everyone involved in this whole thing, ourselves included.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]