- ‘Disenchantment’ season 2 starts strong but falls into familiar trappings 3 Years Ago
- Are Ben Shapiro fans organizing against his opponents on Twitter? 3 Years Ago
- iPhone overloaded? Here’s how to cancel app subscriptions Monday 11:02 PM
- Fan-created ‘app’ lets users experience the final moments of the ill-fated Jeremy Renner app Monday 10:00 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos receives lifetime ban from furry convention Monday 7:49 PM
- Snapchat just made all political ads purchased publicly available Monday 6:12 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Borussia Dortmund in Champions League action Monday 5:39 PM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Napoli in Champions League action Monday 5:19 PM
- How to make real money with Amazon’s Mechanical Turk Monday 5:03 PM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Valencia in the Champions League Monday 4:47 PM
- ‘SNL’ fires Shane Gillis for racist, homophobic comments Monday 4:41 PM
- Ben Shapiro wants accusers to describe Brett Kavanaugh’s penis Monday 4:30 PM
- Twitch suspends streamer for wearing Chun-Li cosplay Monday 4:11 PM
- Report: 8 years of Trump tax returns subpoenaed by prosecutors Monday 3:45 PM
- Netflix lands exclusive streaming rights to ‘Seinfeld’ Monday 3:34 PM
After it was discovered in the 1300s, you couldn’t walk through a medieval village without people trying to hustle you into buying imitation Shrouds of Turin. Echoing history, yesterday’s revelation that a Hot Cheeto that looks like Harambe existed spawned a number of imitators.
The internet was amazed when an eBay user decided to auction off his Harambe-looking Cheeto (which may or may not look like Harambe), and bidding for the rare artifact shot up exponentially, with the closing offer nearly $100,000.
Smelling that sweet dead gorilla, puffed snack money, imitators and counterfeiters have taken over eBay.
Here are a couple that have popped up, but do NOT be fooled. These are fake.
“This is a brand new Harambe great value cheeto. Obviously since this is the great value version of cheetos the cheeto Harambe is not as crisp as the original cheeto Harambe.”
Please note: That is NOT a Cheeto that looks like Harambe.
“One of a kind Standing Solemn Harambe Cheeto, found in a bag of Original Crunchy Cheetos.
Features a solemn stance and highly detailed facial features. Truly one-of-a-kind. “
Please note: That is NOT a Hot Cheeto that looks like Harambe. That may not even be a Cheeto.
“Harambe king stance
Bag not included
Please note: That is CLEARLY two Cheetos glued together to look like one Cheeto that looks like Harambe.
“I opened up a bag of Cheetos Puffs and as soon as I looked inside I came across this unique Cheeto that looks like a poop from Harambe the gorilla. This item is one of a kind! It measures up to about 2 inches in length. This item up for bid is only for this unique Cheetos, bag not included. This makes a great collectible for anyone who appreciates rare items! Please Pay with PayPal.”
Please note: $11 is a pretty good deal for a Cheeto Puff that looks like Harambe’s poop.
I would jump on that if I were you.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]