- ‘Weathering With You’ blends fantasy and realism in a magical love story Saturday 6:18 PM
- Kidnapped teen used Snapchat to get rescued Saturday 4:35 PM
- What fans do and don’t want to see in future ‘Far Cry’ installments Saturday 4:26 PM
- Aaron Carter accused of stealing lion art for merch Saturday 3:10 PM
- Instagram’s hidden like counts were inspired by a ‘Black Mirror’ episode Saturday 2:06 PM
- Student says they were expelled for tricking teacher into making inappropriate TikTok Saturday 12:26 PM
- Space Force uniforms relentlessly mocked, memed Saturday 10:52 AM
- Man flamed after admitting he called police on Target employee over a toothbrush Saturday 9:10 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Vivir Dos Veces’ searches for a last chance at first love Saturday 8:00 AM
- Camila Cabello must do more about her racist history Saturday 6:00 AM
- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
After it was discovered in the 1300s, you couldn’t walk through a medieval village without people trying to hustle you into buying imitation Shrouds of Turin. Echoing history, yesterday’s revelation that a Hot Cheeto that looks like Harambe existed spawned a number of imitators.
The internet was amazed when an eBay user decided to auction off his Harambe-looking Cheeto (which may or may not look like Harambe), and bidding for the rare artifact shot up exponentially, with the closing offer nearly $100,000.
Smelling that sweet dead gorilla, puffed snack money, imitators and counterfeiters have taken over eBay.
Here are a couple that have popped up, but do NOT be fooled. These are fake.
“This is a brand new Harambe great value cheeto. Obviously since this is the great value version of cheetos the cheeto Harambe is not as crisp as the original cheeto Harambe.”
Please note: That is NOT a Cheeto that looks like Harambe.
“One of a kind Standing Solemn Harambe Cheeto, found in a bag of Original Crunchy Cheetos.
Features a solemn stance and highly detailed facial features. Truly one-of-a-kind. “
Please note: That is NOT a Hot Cheeto that looks like Harambe. That may not even be a Cheeto.
“Harambe king stance
Bag not included
Please note: That is CLEARLY two Cheetos glued together to look like one Cheeto that looks like Harambe.
“I opened up a bag of Cheetos Puffs and as soon as I looked inside I came across this unique Cheeto that looks like a poop from Harambe the gorilla. This item is one of a kind! It measures up to about 2 inches in length. This item up for bid is only for this unique Cheetos, bag not included. This makes a great collectible for anyone who appreciates rare items! Please Pay with PayPal.”
Please note: $11 is a pretty good deal for a Cheeto Puff that looks like Harambe’s poop.
I would jump on that if I were you.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]