- The Marvel movies you actually need to see before ‘Avengers: Endgame’ 2 Years Ago
- Twitter launches new tool to combat misinformation about voting 2 Years Ago
- These Cards Will Get You Drunk is the game with one very obvious purpose Today 8:20 AM
- Conservative guy’s Elizabeth Warren op-ed inspires ‘slap in the face’ meme Today 7:37 AM
- ‘Ask Dr. Ruth’ takes a crowd-pleasing look at her life and groundbreaking career Today 7:30 AM
- Tom Holland and Daisy Ridley’s ‘Chaos Walking’ is so bad it’s ‘unreleasable’ Today 7:01 AM
- The best Westerns on YouTube that you can watch for free Today 7:00 AM
- The shocking similarities between QAnon’s ‘Storm’ and the far-right’s ‘Second Civil War’ Today 6:30 AM
- Healsluts are challenging gaming to make room for queer, kinky self-discovery Today 6:30 AM
- Does ‘Avengers: Endgame’ have a post-credits scene? Today 6:00 AM
- Sling TV Latino es esencial para quienes están hartos de la televisión por cable Today 5:00 AM
- Daenerys’ passive-aggressive smile is a very relatable meme Tuesday 11:18 PM
- Kentucky food truck repurposes ‘LGBTQ’ to support Trump, BBQ Tuesday 8:47 PM
- Trump complains about his Twitter follower count to Jack Dorsey Tuesday 6:34 PM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ sticks the devastating landing—and gives you time to grieve Tuesday 5:00 PM
Photo via Shutterstock (Licensed)
No one knows what the president means here.
Today, President Donald Trump tweeted this.
Big increase in traffic into our country from certain areas, while our people are far more vulnerable, as we wait for what should be EASY D!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 8, 2017
What’s “easy D,” you ask? My best guess: He’s referring to his administration current court battle over his executive order on immigration, saying it should be any easy decision for the judicial branch.
But that wasn’t apparent at the onset, and if you’re thinking that the immature denizens of Twitter over the past thirty minutes made every possible permutation of dick joke, you’d be right.
rt if you America shouldn't have to wait for easy d https://t.co/do3l1F2KRE
— Jacob Garrett ن (@JacobGarrett) February 8, 2017
Now our president is making sense. We want the easy D! Give us the D!!! https://t.co/sgSAcF9PTc
— Bun B (@AintBenGood) February 8, 2017
Set himself up with this tweet. What straight woman doesn't want the EASY D? That's what she said. https://t.co/aUy75EdEGe
— N I N E (@NINEJAY) February 8, 2017
"today, donald trump signed an executive order that just said 'we're not even going to do phrasing anymore'" https://t.co/sA9OEUfSmP
— Jake Amberg (@jamberg_) February 8, 2017
Turns out he's just incredibly thirsty https://t.co/s7t6klsWdk
— 寅丸 星 (@RealShuwaShuwa) February 8, 2017
[Insert your ‘easy D’ joke here.]
Update 1:46pm CT, Feb. 8: We have decided to include more tweets, because the tweets are good.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]