- Scott Walker wore jeans for sexual assault awareness, and Twitter is reminding him of his misogynist past 2 Years Ago
- Hacked Lime scooters make sexual comments to riders 2 Years Ago
- ‘Bonding’ squanders its potential with weak jokes and limp structure 2 Years Ago
- The safest place for ‘Game of Thrones’ memes is in the crypts Today 2:23 PM
- Report: Fortnite developer Epic Games is working employees into the ground Today 1:57 PM
- Damian Lillard’s game-winning 3-pointer inspired a plethora of memes Today 12:17 PM
- Gamers are blaming socialism for making the women in Mortal Kombat ‘ugly’ Today 11:36 AM
- Nickelodeon is selling SpongeBob toys based on popular memes Today 11:25 AM
- Alex Jones protests outside the White House by shouting the name of his website Today 11:13 AM
- ‘I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson’ has an absurd conclusion for every scenario Today 10:52 AM
- Twitch star TF Blade banned for racial slur—but he swears he didn’t say it Today 10:43 AM
- Steve King says backlash to white nationalism comment was like what Jesus went through Today 10:23 AM
- Netflix movies are still eligible for Oscars, Academy rules Today 10:21 AM
- Sheriff’s deputy makes homophobic comments on Facebook after gay teen’s suicide Today 10:02 AM
- The Marvel movies you actually need to see before ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Today 9:10 AM
President says White House runs like a ‘fine-tuned machine,’ gets roasted for it
Many people online instantly contested this claim with good tweets.
There were… well, we’ve got a recap of all of it right here. There’s a lot!
But Twitter jumped on one phrase the president kept returning to.
At least twice during the presser, in response to stories about chaos in his administration, the president declared that his office ran like a “fine-tuned machine.”
Savvy and humor-inclined web users jumped all over it.
“This administration is running like a fine-tuned machine,” says trump. So was the Titanic. Both known for huge leaks & sinking fast.
— TrumpSwamp (@SwampyTrump) February 16, 2017
Do you think the GIFs about it were great? The GIFs were GREAT.
I’ll tell you what is running like a fine-tuned machine: Twitter’s rapid responses to everything the president says.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]