- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Today 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Today 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Today 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream Today 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Today 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Today 9:06 AM
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Today 8:00 AM
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Today 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Today 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC on ESPN 4: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards Today 5:49 AM
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Friday 3:12 PM
- Facebook and Google could be tracking you on porn sites Friday 1:42 PM
President says White House runs like a ‘fine-tuned machine,’ gets roasted for it
Many people online instantly contested this claim with good tweets.
There were… well, we’ve got a recap of all of it right here. There’s a lot!
But Twitter jumped on one phrase the president kept returning to.
At least twice during the presser, in response to stories about chaos in his administration, the president declared that his office ran like a “fine-tuned machine.”
Savvy and humor-inclined web users jumped all over it.
“This administration is running like a fine-tuned machine,” says trump. So was the Titanic. Both known for huge leaks & sinking fast.
— TrumpSwamp (@SwampyTrump) February 16, 2017
Do you think the GIFs about it were great? The GIFs were GREAT.
I’ll tell you what is running like a fine-tuned machine: Twitter’s rapid responses to everything the president says.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]