- Schumer calls on FBI, FTC to investigate FaceApp 3 Years Ago
- Netflix loses subscribers—but hopes some tentpole shows can save it 3 Years Ago
- Man utterly roasted for saying woman can’t ask for equality in revealing clothing 3 Years Ago
- Instagram struggles to remove photos of Bianca Devins’ dead body Today 11:14 AM
- ‘Storm Area 51’ creator says its gotten so big he’s worried about the FBI Today 10:49 AM
- Everyone loves Q baby, the baby who apparently supports QAnon Today 9:53 AM
- Thread about ‘depression meals’ is inspiring lots of relatable answers Today 9:36 AM
- How long is ‘Avengers: Infinity War’? Today 9:30 AM
- Rand Paul ripped for halting 9/11 Victim Fund re-authorization bill Today 9:18 AM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Hulu in August 2019 Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ creators drop out of Comic-Con at last minute Today 6:38 AM
- Inside Britt McHenry’s war on women Today 6:30 AM
- The glorious highs and unexpected quirks of 4K streaming Today 6:00 AM
- Southwest Airlines passengers receive free Nintendo Switch consoles and Mario Maker 2 Wednesday 9:10 PM
- The Deplorable Choir drops diss track aimed at 4 congresswomen from Trump’s racist tweets Wednesday 8:09 PM
Dog meets the real-life version of her favorite Santa chew toy
Santa paws is comin’ to town.
Every dog has its day… to meet its favorite stuffed animal IRL, that is.
For this dog, a 1-year-old Shiba Inu named Kya, her wildest dreams came true when she met the life-sized version of her fav chew toy, Santa Claus.
Kya’s owner, 16-year-old John Montaldo from Orlando, Florida, shared the photos of Kya’s shining moment on Twitter, to the delight of tens of thousands.
Montaldo and his sister Angelina told Buzzfeed the Santa toy quickly became Kya’s favorite after their family gifted it to her last year. When the pair saw an advertisement for Santa-and-pet photos at the mall, they gladly dropped the $30 for the opportunity.
Angelina said Kya, a usually “super crazy and hyper” pup, calmed down upon meeting the jolly man.
“She just sat there and looked at him,” Angelina told Buzzfeed. “She usually misbehaves when we take her to Petsmart, but she was behaving for Santa.”
Any dog would probably be overwhelmed meeting a human-sized version of their favorite plaything. At least Kya is in good company.
Samantha Grasso is a former IRL staff writer for the Daily Dot with a reporting emphasis on immigration. Her work has appeared on Los Angeles Magazine, Death And Taxes, Revelist, Texts From Last Night, Austin Monthly, and she has previously contributed to Texas Monthly.