- Twitter blasts Benny Johnson over heinous Native American ‘socialist’ reservations take 2 Years Ago
- New Zealand arrests 2 for sharing video of mosque shooting Today 4:44 PM
- ‘Queer Eye’ season 3 serves more frothy fun and cathartic realness Today 4:30 PM
- Everyone is roasting this photo of Kourtney Kardashian in a bubble bath Today 4:15 PM
- White House report has a lot of superheroes listed as interns Today 4:06 PM
- Google to launch ‘Stadia’ cloud gaming service this year Today 3:55 PM
- Amy Schumer addresses her ‘Growing’ pains in new Netflix special Today 2:04 PM
- This Bitcoin tie is everyone’s favorite part of the Theranos documentary Today 1:56 PM
- Trump’s social media guru gets suspended on Facebook Today 1:51 PM
- YouTube time traveler says he saw a dinosaur—in the future Today 1:47 PM
- Why is Netflix changing the viewing order for ‘Love, Death & Robots’? Today 12:47 PM
- Elizabeth Holmes’ deep voice captivates and confuses the internet Today 12:40 PM
- These cat purses have everything you need (including balls) Today 12:22 PM
- Smooth dude gets girl’s number with a ‘choose your own adventure’ RPG on Tinder Today 12:20 PM
- Beto O’Rourke reportedly pranked his wife with a ‘verdant turd’ Today 12:13 PM
Dog meets the real-life version of her favorite Santa chew toy
Santa paws is comin’ to town.
Every dog has its day… to meet its favorite stuffed animal IRL, that is.
For this dog, a 1-year-old Shiba Inu named Kya, her wildest dreams came true when she met the life-sized version of her fav chew toy, Santa Claus.
Kya’s owner, 16-year-old John Montaldo from Orlando, Florida, shared the photos of Kya’s shining moment on Twitter, to the delight of tens of thousands.
Montaldo and his sister Angelina told Buzzfeed the Santa toy quickly became Kya’s favorite after their family gifted it to her last year. When the pair saw an advertisement for Santa-and-pet photos at the mall, they gladly dropped the $30 for the opportunity.
Angelina said Kya, a usually “super crazy and hyper” pup, calmed down upon meeting the jolly man.
“She just sat there and looked at him,” Angelina told Buzzfeed. “She usually misbehaves when we take her to Petsmart, but she was behaving for Santa.”
Any dog would probably be overwhelmed meeting a human-sized version of their favorite plaything. At least Kya is in good company.
Samantha Grasso is a former IRL staff writer for the Daily Dot with a reporting emphasis on immigration. Her work has appeared on Los Angeles Magazine, Death And Taxes, Revelist, Texts From Last Night, Austin Monthly, and she has previously contributed to Texas Monthly.