- Trans/Sex: Let trans art be messy, weird, and uncomfortable 3 Years Ago
- Pediatrician gets death threats after pro-vaccine TikTok video Monday 9:37 PM
- This Australia-themed dildo is raising money to fight the bushfires Monday 8:26 PM
- Influencers say they’ve received unwanted sexual solicitations worth thousands Monday 7:39 PM
- Pregnant woman masterfully trolls gender-obsessed relative Monday 3:05 PM
- HBO’s ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ returns from a 2-year break with brand new ways to make you cringe Monday 3:00 PM
- Far-right accused of impersonating antifa online to encourage violence at Richmond rally Monday 1:59 PM
- Second Amendment protesters defend gun rights with truly terrible signs Monday 12:52 PM
- David Lynch surprises fans by dropping Netflix short out of the blue Monday 12:29 PM
- Poop-focused parody of Kent State Gun Girl sparks conservative ire Monday 11:58 AM
- 6-year-old raises $250K for Australian bushfires by making clay koalas Monday 11:31 AM
- What you need to know about Clearview AI and its facial recognition app Monday 10:36 AM
- Apple TV+ gets its first SAG Award while Netflix and Amazon nab 2 each Monday 10:07 AM
- Facebook apologizes for translating Chinese president’s name to ‘Mr. Sh*thole’ Monday 9:45 AM
- New York Times endorses Klobarren for president Monday 8:45 AM
Erotic ebook legend Chuck Tingle and game developer Zoe Quinn are almost ready to unleash the biggest tingler of them all. The two have teamed up for a full motion video game version of Tingle’s gripping tales for hard buckaroos, and they need your help funding it.
Quinn launched a Kickstarter to bring Project Tingler to gamers everywhere. As with her previous works, she’s looking to release it as a pay-what-you-can title. That means anyone who wants to prove that love is real can do so without having to spend an arm, a butt, and a leg.
Those who donate $5 can choose between Team Spaghetti Sweeties and Team Chocolate Milk Cuties, triggering “a special in-game surprise,” depending on which squad garners the most votes. This all plays into the rich Tingleverse that has gripped, stroked, and buttpounded fans since the Tae Kwon Do master and DeVry Ph.D.-earner first hit Amazon’s ebook shelves.
The game follows a protagonist—presumably Tingle—as they search for their son, name of John. Players get to explore jails, beaches, deserts, and even the void, all while proving that love is real by turning enemies into friends.
Those who donate enough can even become part of the action. A $169 contribution gets your face on a Tingle bookcover, while $420 turns you into a handsome living object in the game. Donate $690 and you get the honor of portraying a unicorn butt cop in the game.
The greatest honor of all? The billionaire jet plane reward for forking over $1,069. A lucky three backers will get themselves turned into the protagonist of a Tingler.
Not interested in sexually explicit content but still want to support the cause? Quinn and Tingle’s got you covered if you’re looking to get in on the ground floor and back them for beta access to the as-yet-unnamed game. A very special “kitten mode” is being developed, which swaps the butt-pounding for footage of adorable kitties.
As of this writing, the Kickstarter has raised more than $15,000 with 20 days to go to reach the ultimate goal of $69,420—a nice sum of money to bring the joy of butt-pounding and real love to consoles everywhere.
A former Weekend Editor at the Daily Dot, April Siese's reporting covers everything from technology and politics to web culture and humor. Her work has been published by Bustle, Uproxx, Death and Taxes, Rolling Stone, the Daily Beast, Thrillist, Atlas Obscura, and others. Siese joined Quartz in December 2016.