- ‘Aggretsuko’ tones down the rage in season 2 7 Months Ago
- TikTok is being used to call out predators 7 Months Ago
- Republican congressman wants to defund PBS over the gay rat wedding 7 Months Ago
- Elizabeth Warren calls for sweeping overhaul of U.S. elections Today 11:47 AM
- In ‘Wild Rose,’ a star is born Today 11:39 AM
- The Sinking City realizes Lovecraftian horror in a new light Today 11:16 AM
- The ‘Avengers: Endgame’ re-release sounds pretty underwhelming Today 11:10 AM
- Google employees won’t be allowed to speak out against YouTube during Pride Today 10:43 AM
- YouTuber Etika found dead, NYPD confirms Today 10:39 AM
- Andrew Yang is holding a universal basic income giveaway Today 10:38 AM
- League of Legends streamer busted live by girlfriend after she finds his Tinder Today 10:19 AM
- Samuel L. Jackson roasts ‘Spider-Man’ marketing gaffe Today 8:49 AM
- Trump cites long-dead ayatollah while announcing Iran sanction Today 8:46 AM
- Why a far-right conspiracy about Ilhan Omar is in the news again Today 7:46 AM
- Razer publicly shames female influencer who tweeted about being sexually harassed Today 7:45 AM
Everyone is mourning the loss of Captain America’s beard in the ‘Avengers: Endgame’ trailer
Truly a loss.
In the trailer for Avengers: Endgame, the sequel to this year’s Avengers: Infinity War, we’re forced to face the fact that some of our favorite Marvel characters really are dead (or just missing). But one newly confirmed loss is hitting fans hard today. While it’s not technically a character, it was an important, uh, visual throughout Avengers: Infinity War. Yes, I’m talking about Steve Rogers’ beard.
Just look at this thing:
In the Avengers: Endgame trailer, Steve’s beard is gone. It’s gone!
Fittingly, the first we see of Steve (aka Captain America) in the trailer for the new Avengers film is a shot of him with a tear rolling down his now clean-shaven cheek. It captures the internet’s reaction to the loss of a beard that we will never forget.
the cruelest casualty of Thanos’ snap is Captain America’s beard 😭💔 pic.twitter.com/X8kwdy20Cf
— Angie J. Han (@ajhan) December 7, 2018
I think the question we all want answered is what the hell happened to Cap's beard pic.twitter.com/HPjLNPf54O
— Dustin Sandoval (@DustinMSandoval) December 7, 2018
Sucks that the Thanos snap also claimed Captain America's beard. pic.twitter.com/SCSBKB2IGL
— Zachary D. Rymer (@zachrymer) December 7, 2018
— Akash (@Akash24102002) December 7, 2018
That new #Avengers4 trailer was great and I'm super excited
But there is one massive criticism I have about it so far… WHY ON EARTH DID CAPTAIN AMERICA SHAVE HIS BEARD, IT WAS THE BEST THING TO EVER GRACE CINEMA
— G_G_Photography (@G_G_photo) December 7, 2018
New film pitch: Ant-Man and Captain Marvel go back in time to save Captain America’s beard.
— Britt Middleton (@BMidd) December 7, 2018
Russo Brothers/Chris Evans, you have some explaining to do!
Tiffany Kelly is the Unclick editor at Daily Dot. Previously, she worked at Ars Technica and Wired. Her writing has appeared in several other print and online publications, including the Los Angeles Times, Popular Mechanics, and GQ.