- Even Republicans are angry with their GOP’s anti-Beto tweet 3 Months Ago
- ‘Egg Boy’ vows to send GoFundMe money to mosque shooting victims 3 Months Ago
- Noom is a weight loss program that prioritizes your mental health 3 Months Ago
- Shane Dawson once joked about ejaculating on his cat—and people are furious Today 8:54 AM
- Rep. Steve King posts Civil War fantasy meme—accidentally mocks own state Today 8:41 AM
- Gaming company Valve removed tributes to Christchurch shooter Today 8:39 AM
- The best new bands at SXSW 2019 Today 8:00 AM
- You can watch DC Universe’s acclaimed original shows for free Today 6:28 AM
- Ximena Sariñana talks capturing feminine energy on her latest album Today 6:00 AM
- The power of parasocial relationships in the age of loneliness Today 6:00 AM
- How to get started with WhatsApp on desktop Today 5:30 AM
- Netflix will remove controversial disaster footage from ‘Bird Box’ Sunday 4:04 PM
- J.K. Rowling’s latest ‘Fantastic Beasts’ reveal is bringing the memes Sunday 3:01 PM
- President Trump calls for government agencies to ‘look into’ ‘Saturday Night Live’ Sunday 12:18 PM
- How to stream Michael Conlan vs. Ruben Garcia Hernandez for free Sunday 11:00 AM
Everyone is mourning the loss of Captain America’s beard in the ‘Avengers: Endgame’ trailer
Truly a loss.
In the trailer for Avengers: Endgame, the sequel to this year’s Avengers: Infinity War, we’re forced to face the fact that some of our favorite Marvel characters really are dead (or just missing). But one newly confirmed loss is hitting fans hard today. While it’s not technically a character, it was an important, uh, visual throughout Avengers: Infinity War. Yes, I’m talking about Steve Rogers’ beard.
Just look at this thing:
In the Avengers: Endgame trailer, Steve’s beard is gone. It’s gone!
Fittingly, the first we see of Steve (aka Captain America) in the trailer for the new Avengers film is a shot of him with a tear rolling down his now clean-shaven cheek. It captures the internet’s reaction to the loss of a beard that we will never forget.
the cruelest casualty of Thanos’ snap is Captain America’s beard 😭💔 pic.twitter.com/X8kwdy20Cf
— Angie J. Han (@ajhan) December 7, 2018
I think the question we all want answered is what the hell happened to Cap's beard pic.twitter.com/HPjLNPf54O
— Dustin Sandoval (@DustinMSandoval) December 7, 2018
Sucks that the Thanos snap also claimed Captain America's beard. pic.twitter.com/SCSBKB2IGL
— Zachary D. Rymer (@zachrymer) December 7, 2018
— Nandhu (@Akash24102002) December 7, 2018
That new #Avengers4 trailer was great and I'm super excited
But there is one massive criticism I have about it so far… WHY ON EARTH DID CAPTAIN AMERICA SHAVE HIS BEARD, IT WAS THE BEST THING TO EVER GRACE CINEMA
— G_G_Photography (@G_G_photo) December 7, 2018
New film pitch: Ant-Man and Captain Marvel go back in time to save Captain America’s beard.
— Britt Middleton (@BMidd) December 7, 2018
Russo Brothers/Chris Evans, you have some explaining to do!
Tiffany Kelly is the Unclick editor at Daily Dot. Previously, she worked at Ars Technica and Wired. Her writing has appeared in several other print and online publications, including the Los Angeles Times, Popular Mechanics, and GQ.