- This computer-generated Insta model looks staggeringly real Friday 7:15 PM
- Netflix is bringing back ‘Unsolved Mysteries’ with ‘Stranger Things’ producer Friday 6:42 PM
- Facebook is creating a meme feature to bring back the teens Friday 4:13 PM
- A hitman’s smartwatch helped send him to prison for life Friday 4:05 PM
- Privacy group files complaints against Netlifx, Spotify for GDPR violations Friday 3:02 PM
- Bikini Kill reunion show sale proves the internet is still hell for live music fans Friday 2:55 PM
- Teen’s photo of Nazi-themed school-dance invite goes viral Friday 2:31 PM
- Ben Shapiro comes out as pro-baby Hitler in March for Life message Friday 2:28 PM
- Facebook staffers caught writing 5-star Amazon reviews for Portal speaker Friday 2:27 PM
- R. Kelly supporters are using #FirstThem to protect him Friday 1:55 PM
- Lin-Manuel Miranda tweets his disappointment about Trump and Puerto Rico Friday 1:28 PM
- YouTuber Simone Giertz reveals her brain tumor has returned Friday 1:07 PM
- ‘Conversations With a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes’ feels like a bad one-man show Friday 12:37 PM
- Post-cataclysmic sci-fi flick ‘IO’ fails to stand out in its saturated genre Friday 12:30 PM
- Trump peddles right-wing ‘prayer rug’ conspiracy Friday 11:29 AM
Everyone is mourning the loss of Captain America’s beard in the ‘Avengers: Endgame’ trailer
Truly a loss.
In the trailer for Avengers: Endgame, the sequel to this year’s Avengers: Infinity War, we’re forced to face the fact that some of our favorite Marvel characters really are dead (or just missing). But one newly confirmed loss is hitting fans hard today. While it’s not technically a character, it was an important, uh, visual throughout Avengers: Infinity War. Yes, I’m talking about Steve Rogers’ beard.
Just look at this thing:
In the Avengers: Endgame trailer, Steve’s beard is gone. It’s gone!
Fittingly, the first we see of Steve (aka Captain America) in the trailer for the new Avengers film is a shot of him with a tear rolling down his now clean-shaven cheek. It captures the internet’s reaction to the loss of a beard that we will never forget.
the cruelest casualty of Thanos’ snap is Captain America’s beard 😭💔 pic.twitter.com/X8kwdy20Cf
— Angie J. Han (@ajhan) December 7, 2018
I think the question we all want answered is what the hell happened to Cap's beard pic.twitter.com/HPjLNPf54O
— Dustin Sandoval (@DustinMSandoval) December 7, 2018
Sucks that the Thanos snap also claimed Captain America's beard. pic.twitter.com/SCSBKB2IGL
— Zachary D. Rymer (@zachrymer) December 7, 2018
— Nandhu (@Akash24102002) December 7, 2018
That new #Avengers4 trailer was great and I'm super excited
But there is one massive criticism I have about it so far… WHY ON EARTH DID CAPTAIN AMERICA SHAVE HIS BEARD, IT WAS THE BEST THING TO EVER GRACE CINEMA
— G_G_Photography (@G_G_photo) December 7, 2018
New film pitch: Ant-Man and Captain Marvel go back in time to save Captain America’s beard.
— Britt Middleton (@BMidd) December 7, 2018
Russo Brothers/Chris Evans, you have some explaining to do!
Tiffany Kelly is the Unclick editor at Daily Dot. Previously, she worked at Ars Technica and Wired. Her writing has appeared in several other print and online publications, including the Los Angeles Times, Popular Mechanics, and GQ.