- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Saturday 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Saturday 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Saturday 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Saturday 12:40 PM
- How to stream Jets vs. Patriots in Week 3 Saturday 12:39 PM
- 10 indie dating simulator games you should be playing Saturday 12:31 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Broncos in Week 3 Saturday 12:14 PM
- Saudi crown prince’s former adviser suspended from Twitter Saturday 11:57 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Dolphins in Week 3 Saturday 11:57 AM
- YouTuber to pay restitution after a teen fan died copying her video Saturday 10:36 AM
- Antonio Brown sent ‘intimidating’ texts to an accuser, including a pic of her children Saturday 9:38 AM
- Facebook suspended tens of thousands of apps after Cambridge Analytica scandal Saturday 8:24 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Rams on Sunday Night Football Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘NFL Primetime’ on ESPN+ Saturday 5:00 AM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
In the trailer for Avengers: Endgame, the sequel to this year’s Avengers: Infinity War, we’re forced to face the fact that some of our favorite Marvel characters really are dead (or just missing). But one newly confirmed loss is hitting fans hard today. While it’s not technically a character, it was an important, uh, visual throughout Avengers: Infinity War. Yes, I’m talking about Steve Rogers’ beard.
Just look at this thing:
In the Avengers: Endgame trailer, Steve’s beard is gone. It’s gone!
Fittingly, the first we see of Steve (aka Captain America) in the trailer for the new Avengers film is a shot of him with a tear rolling down his now clean-shaven cheek. It captures the internet’s reaction to the loss of a beard that we will never forget.
I think the question we all want answered is what the hell happened to Cap's beard pic.twitter.com/HPjLNPf54O— Dustin Sandoval (@DustinMSandoval) December 7, 2018
Sucks that the Thanos snap also claimed Captain America's beard. pic.twitter.com/SCSBKB2IGL— Zachary D. Rymer (@zachrymer) December 7, 2018
That new #Avengers4 trailer was great and I'm super excited— G_G_Photography (@G_G_photo) December 7, 2018
But there is one massive criticism I have about it so far... WHY ON EARTH DID CAPTAIN AMERICA SHAVE HIS BEARD, IT WAS THE BEST THING TO EVER GRACE CINEMA
New film pitch: Ant-Man and Captain Marvel go back in time to save Captain America’s beard.— Britt Middleton (@BMidd) December 7, 2018
Russo Brothers/Chris Evans, you have some explaining to do!
Tiffany Kelly is the Unclick editor at Daily Dot. Previously, she worked at Ars Technica and Wired. Her writing has appeared in several other print and online publications, including the Los Angeles Times, Popular Mechanics, and GQ.