- Netflix claims Adam Sandler’s ‘Murder Mystery’ broke viewing records 3 Years Ago
- How to watch ‘Yellowstone’ online for free 3 Years Ago
- How online allies joined a trans artist’s street art war Today 7:30 AM
- These edited videos show the dark side of your favorite cartoons Today 7:00 AM
- Coca-Cola now exists in ‘Star Wars’ canon Today 6:44 AM
- How #TCOT gave birth to Trump Today 6:30 AM
- The ultimate cord-cutting guide for bilingual families Today 5:00 AM
- Boys’ sleepovers vs. girls’ sleepovers meme takes stereotypes to absurd heights Tuesday 7:30 PM
- Petition wants Keanu Reeves to be named ‘Time Person of the Year’ Tuesday 6:33 PM
- 8 women accuse Max Landis of sexual, emotional abuse Tuesday 5:37 PM
- Taylor Swift accused of copying Beyoncé—again Tuesday 5:00 PM
- Everything you need to know about Libra, Facebook’s new cryptocurrency Tuesday 4:45 PM
- Netflix just renewed ‘Queer Eye’ for 2 more seasons Tuesday 4:32 PM
- YouTube’s queen of failed robots just unveiled a one-of-a-kind Tesla truck Tuesday 3:58 PM
- AOC infuriates conservatives with ‘concentration camps’ remark Tuesday 3:33 PM
This has been Vine.
R.I.P. Vine. Things will be different now that Twitter is shutting down the short-video service it never really figured out how to monetize: Adults will consider switching to Instagram video and teen fauxlebrities will switch to Musical.ly or consider finding real jobs. Twitter promises that Vine’s archives will remain up for the time being, though, so let’s talk about the brilliant, funny vines that are actually worth saving.
Back at it again at Krispy Kreme
Anime is Real
Look at all those chickens
Zach kicked too much
Robot Africa dog
Tainted Love dog
In the Air Tonight dog
Super Mario Dog
Dog gets crossed over
Every vine by Hemtube
Put It Through the Window
The entire Carly Rae Jepsen vine genre, but especially this walrus
…and this Mean Girls mashup
The works of Cool 3D World, but especially ‘The Egg’
Jesus Take the Wheel
I want to be famous
Haha no way
This good jump
This weirdo and these cats
Every vine exposing Iggy Azalea’s bad raps
This one, too
This kid whose anger severely backfired
Guys bein’ dudes
Dude in the cut
I have never been so scared and so sad
That skateboarding taco
Take On Me
The Alex Jones grunt. Please open in multiple tabs for best effect.
Craaaawling iiiiiin my skiiiiin
A Titanic turn-up
Trump gets Smash Mouthed
Join the MGMT team
Tell me that the pussy is miiiine
When a girl favorites your tweet…
Your new boyfriend
What I want…
Ooh! Neon Genesis Evangelion…
Triers then, big hearts then… (Read the worst Boston Marathon bombing tweet ever for context.)
Trump <3 Hentai
I was told by Applecare!!!!!!
He needs some milk
My eyes… it burns…
I have the power of God!
Nuthin’ but Babbage’s in here tonight
The infamous Shovel Girl (‘Take On Me’ version)
Drake is no Steph Curry
Rap God egg
Let go, baby!
Screw you, Jay!
Shut the flip up!
The vines of Demi Adejuyigbe
Come and get y’all juice
He’s about to say it!
Jay Hathaway is a former senior writer who specialized in internet memes and weird online culture. He previously served as the Daily Dot’s news editor, was a staff writer at Gawker, and edited the classic websites Urlesque and Download Squad. His work has also appeared on nymag.com, suicidegirls.com, and the Morning News.