- Who is Corn Pop? Here are all the theories about the gang leader from Joe Biden’s past Sunday 4:37 PM
- Fresh sexual misconduct allegations against Kavanaugh spur calls for impeachment Sunday 3:28 PM
- Mike Pence says a triple crown winning racehorse bit him Sunday 12:51 PM
- Disney CEO Bob Iger leaves Apple board amid streaming wars Sunday 12:01 PM
- Influencer Destiny Marquez faces backlash for berating Forever 21 employee Sunday 10:32 AM
- Chelsea Handler tackles system racism in ‘Hello Privilege. It’s Me, Chelsea’ Sunday 9:18 AM
- Gun control proposal: Trump, lawmakers considering background check-conducting app Sunday 9:05 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Jets on Monday Night Football Sunday 7:00 AM
- What are anons? Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Falcons on Sunday Night Football Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 4 Sunday 5:00 AM
- How to stream WWE’s Clash of Champions 2019 Saturday 8:00 PM
- How ‘F*ck off Scotland’ became a Scottish rallying cry amid Brexit madness Saturday 6:28 PM
- A Missouri officer resigned after his Islamophobic Facebook posts surfaced Saturday 5:08 PM
- Adding ‘Triggered’ to stock photos of white men creates Netflix comedy special thumbnails Saturday 3:10 PM
One of the great joys of creating and raising a child is being there to witness them experiencing the many delights the world has to offer. It’s exciting to watch them hear music, or see a new animal, for the first time. And who could ever forget witnessing the beauty of a baby’s first slice of pizza?
Podcaster Jody Avirgan (30 for 30, 538) captured a picture of his daughter experiencing this important moment in every young girl’s life. As you can tell from the photo, she looks as if she’s experiencing some sort of religious epiphany.
My daughter just tried pizza for the first time. pic.twitter.com/yiPNJgUBJg— Jody Avirgan (@jodyavirgan) March 3, 2018
Twitter seemed grateful that Avirgan and his daughter were there to remind us all how we should be enjoying the greatest of humanity’s culinary achievements.
The tomato sauce around the perimeter of her mouth and those outstretched arms to a divine entity is how we all feel. #BabysFirstPizza— I. Am. Wakandan. (@FromNazWithLove) March 4, 2018
Couldn’t resist! 😍 pic.twitter.com/kIPDZTzsq0— Michael (@Bastard_Of_1967) March 4, 2018
I had pizza last night and literally did the same thing.— ❄️❄️Lauren❄️❄️ (@Laurenbh) March 3, 2018
My son had the same expression the first time he had syrup on pancakes. Then he looked at me like I’d betrayed him for not giving it to him before.— Margaret KellyMurphy (@MargaretKM) March 3, 2018
And while Avirgan said he appreciated all the attention, it’s important to note that he lives in Brooklyn, so he also had a message for all the Chicago pizza places retweeting his photo.
(While I appreciate the love this is getting I notice that a few Chicago pizza shops have tweeted it and I’d like to take this opportunity to remind you that whatever it is you’re subjecting your customers to — it’s not real pizza)— Jody Avirgan (@jodyavirgan) March 3, 2018
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.