- A lonely grandma sought family to spend Christmas with on Craigslist Saturday 5:45 PM
- Airbnb bans white supremacists tied to Iron March forum Saturday 5:07 PM
- Did a Twitter user really get tricked into naming baby ‘Jack Ingof’? Saturday 4:46 PM
- State of emergency declared in New Orleans following ‘cyberattack’ Saturday 4:12 PM
- Video shows boy getting beat up–mom says it’s because he wore MAGA hat Saturday 3:54 PM
- Billboard changing albums chart to count YouTube streams Saturday 2:43 PM
- TikTok’s 20 most popular songs of 2019 Saturday 2:14 PM
- Greek gods memes are flooding Reddit thanks to TV reboot rumors Saturday 1:47 PM
- Anti-impeachment protesters aimlessly fumble through halls of Congress Saturday 12:54 PM
- Everything we know so far about the Xbox Series X Saturday 12:17 PM
- ASMR YouTuber Life with MaK says she was branded a ‘Nazi’ by online smear campaign Saturday 10:46 AM
- Voters duped by fake ex-Bloomberg intern’s tweet about being fired Saturday 9:47 AM
- HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ and the fantasy of competence Saturday 8:00 AM
- Cómo ver Kamaru Usman vs. Colby Covington en el UFC 245 Saturday 7:00 AM
- ‘Penis fish’ memes erupt after worms wash up on California coast Friday 5:58 PM
On Tuesday night, the White House summoned Kellyanne Conway from whatever hidey hole she’s been twiddling her thumbs in to discuss former FBI Director James Comey’s firing, and it went about as well as any Conway appearance could be expected.
Throughout her 13-minute visit with host Anderson Cooper, Conway continually referred Cooper back to Comey’s notices of termination; denied any correlation between Comey’s firing and his leading the investigation on the Trump administration’s possible collusion with Russia during the 2016 election; and told Cooper he wasn’t allowed to talk about Trump’s praise of Comey for investigating Hillary Clinton‘s emails.
Related to the last point, 10 minutes into the interview, Cooper played an old clip of Trump commending Comey’s email investigation and stated that while Trump now says that Comey’s investigation was wrong, previously he had said it was the right thing to do. And without missing a beat, Conway fired back.
“You’re conflating two things that don’t belong together. Thanks for the trip down memory lane—I was on your show often last fall saying we were going to win Michigan and how we were going to do it,” she said coyly, even winking. “So that was fun, but here’s what happened today.”
That’s when Cooper sent out the facial reaction felt ’round the world—an eye roll so well-deserved and satisfying that all of Twitter couldn’t help but immortalize the look from CNN’s silver fox.
here is anderson cooper rolling his eyes at kellyanne conway pic.twitter.com/duwZIfZ7VP— keely flaherty (@flahertykeely) May 10, 2017
So here's a gif of Anderson Cooper eyerolling at Kellyanne Conway pic.twitter.com/HT0Q1oTDV4— Colin Jones (@colinjones) May 10, 2017
this anderson cooper eyeroll at kellyanne conway is... choice pic.twitter.com/ZWHcvD2XDU— tc (@chillmage) May 10, 2017
anderson cooper perfectly encapsulates most of america pic.twitter.com/7TnlikGGyF— jordan (@JordanUhl) May 10, 2017
In case you missed it, here is Anderson Cooper rolling his eyes at Kellyanne Conway's ridiculous excuses related to Trump firing Comey. pic.twitter.com/1F7FcHB6Yx— Jail Donald Trump (@DTrumpExposed) May 10, 2017
That eye roll looks like quite a doozy. Tbh we’re lucky his eyes didn’t get stuck while they were up there. Where could we have gotten the perfect political reaction GIF otherwise?
Watch Cooper’s eye-rolling reaction to Conway in action below:
And watch Cooper’s entire interview with Conway here:
Samantha Grasso is a former IRL staff writer for the Daily Dot with a reporting emphasis on immigration. Her work has appeared on Los Angeles Magazine, Death And Taxes, Revelist, Texts From Last Night, Austin Monthly, and she has previously contributed to Texas Monthly.