- How to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8, episode 2 for free Today 7:00 AM
- Gendry is making a new weapon for Arya Stark—but what is it? Today 6:30 AM
- The live-action Halo series could be Showtime’s most ambitious project yet Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Turner Classic Movies for free Today 5:30 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Athletic Bilbao online for free Today 5:00 AM
- ‘Star Trek’s Jonathan Frakes calls out your lies with this new meme Saturday 3:46 PM
- #JusticeForLucca trends after video shows police slam Black teen’s head into pavement Saturday 3:11 PM
- The internet is shocked to learn that Goombas do, in fact, have arms Saturday 2:02 PM
- PayPal, GoFundMe cut off armed militia that detains migrants at border Saturday 1:16 PM
- Barnwood theft may be on the rise because of ‘Fixer Upper’—and fans aren’t having it Saturday 12:23 PM
- Literary Twitter calls out Dzanc Books for Islamophobic, racist novel Saturday 11:40 AM
- How to watch Crawford vs. Khan online Saturday 10:00 AM
- Beyoncé has 2 more projects coming to Netflix after ‘Homecoming’ Saturday 9:53 AM
- How to watch Danny Garcia vs. Adrian Granados for free Saturday 9:00 AM
- The ‘Feeling Cute Challenge’ turns ugly after correctional officers abuse it Saturday 7:30 AM
Anderson Cooper to Trump fan, ‘If he took a dump on his desk, you would defend it’
If you thought Anderson Cooper was frustrated before what turned out to be an extraordinary news week for the Donald Trump administration, check him out on Friday evening.
After news broke that the Russia investigation was reaching inside the White House and that Trump reportedly called former FBI director James Comey a “nut job” to the Russians, the same CNN host that brought us the Kellyanne Conway eye roll unveiled a new viral moment.
This time, while interviewing Trump supporter Jeffrey Lord, Cooper said, “If [Trump] took a dump on his desk, you would defend it.”
That insult caused somebody off-camera to laugh, and it sent Lord into hysterics. It was a hellaciously good burn, and it’s something Twitter could appreciate.
If Donald Trump took a dump on his desk, it would be Jeffrey Lord.
— Dave Pell (@davepell) May 20, 2017
Hard to beat the eyeroll, but Anderson Cooper telling Jeffrey Lord: "If he took a dump on his desk, you would defend it" is a close second.
— Karen DaltonBeninato (@kbeninato) May 20, 2017
Later, Cooper apologized to Lord for being “crude,” and then Cooper took to Twitter.
I regret the crude sentence i spoke earlier tonight and followed it up by apologizing on air. It was unprofessional. I am genuinely sorry.
— Anderson Cooper (@andersoncooper) May 20, 2017
Even still, Cooper has joined the annals of cable news history: He is still one of CNN’s biggest ever shit-stirrers.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.