- ICE cuts the cord on real immigrant hotline after being featured in ‘Orange Is the New Black’ 2 Years Ago
- The 10 best music podcasts for artist interviews and criticism in 2019 2 Years Ago
- How a socialist Twitch streamer landed in a feud with Dan Crenshaw Today 10:07 AM
- How to prepare for your fantasy football draft (and season) Today 9:00 AM
- Kit Harington is joining the MCU–and people are guessing which character he will play Today 8:48 AM
- How to live stream Juan Francisco Estrada vs. Dewayne Beamon Today 8:00 AM
- The 5 best free torrent clients you can download in 2019 Today 8:00 AM
- How to stream Saints vs. Jets in NFL preseason action Today 7:49 AM
- How to stream Chiefs vs. 49ers in NFL preseason action Today 7:36 AM
- How to live stream Bellator 225: Mitrione vs. Kharitonov Today 7:30 AM
- Alice Wetterlund draws insight from the last decade in ‘My Mama Is a Human and So Am I’ Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream the Cowboys vs. Texans NFL preseason showdown Today 7:00 AM
- How ‘Stranger Things’ is inspiring new waves of Dungeons and Dragons fans Today 6:00 AM
- Why you should be watching ‘Red vs Blue’ on Netflix Today 6:00 AM
- How to live stream Sergey Kovalev vs. Anthony Yarde Today 5:00 AM
If you thought Anderson Cooper was frustrated before what turned out to be an extraordinary news week for the Donald Trump administration, check him out on Friday evening.
After news broke that the Russia investigation was reaching inside the White House and that Trump reportedly called former FBI director James Comey a “nut job” to the Russians, the same CNN host that brought us the Kellyanne Conway eye roll unveiled a new viral moment.
This time, while interviewing Trump supporter Jeffrey Lord, Cooper said, “If [Trump] took a dump on his desk, you would defend it.”
That insult caused somebody off-camera to laugh, and it sent Lord into hysterics. It was a hellaciously good burn, and it’s something Twitter could appreciate.
If Donald Trump took a dump on his desk, it would be Jeffrey Lord.— Dave Pell (@davepell) May 20, 2017
Hard to beat the eyeroll, but Anderson Cooper telling Jeffrey Lord: "If he took a dump on his desk, you would defend it" is a close second.— Karen DaltonBeninato (@kbeninato) May 20, 2017
Later, Cooper apologized to Lord for being “crude,” and then Cooper took to Twitter.
I regret the crude sentence i spoke earlier tonight and followed it up by apologizing on air. It was unprofessional. I am genuinely sorry.— Anderson Cooper (@andersoncooper) May 20, 2017
Even still, Cooper has joined the annals of cable news history: He is still one of CNN’s biggest ever shit-stirrers.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.